Menthol Crystals | Purified | Organic Compound | Formula C10H20O
Menthol is an organic compound made synthetically or obtained from the oils of corn mint, peppermint, or other mints. It is a waxy, crystalline substance, clear or white in color, which is solid at room temperature and melts slightly above.
Menthol is commonly used in oral hygiene products and bad-breath remedies like mouthwash, toothpaste, mouth and tongue-spray, and more generally as a food flavor agent in chewing gum and candy.
Menthol is an organic compound made synthetically or obtained from peppermint or mint oils with flavoring and local anesthetic properties. When added to pharmaceuticals and foods, menthol functions as a fortifier for peppermint flavors. It also has a counterirritant effect on skin and mucous membranes, thereby producing a local analgesic or anesthetic effect.
- Buy 4.4 Ounces (125 Grams) Of Menthol Crystals For $40
- Buy 17.6 Ounces (500 Grams) Of Menthol Crystals For $118
- Molecular Formula: C10H20O
- PubChem CID: 1254
- Molecular Weight: 156.26 g/mol
- Clear/White Crystalline Substance
- Other names: 3-p-Menthanol, Hexahydrothymol
- Appearance: White or colorless; crystalline solid
- Melting point: 36-38 Â°C (311 K)
- Density and phase: 0.890 g/cm3, solid
- Buy High Quality Menthol Crystals In Bulk At LabAlley.com
- Reduce Nasal Congestion
- Make Home Made Menthol Rubs
- Soothe Topical Pains And Aches
- Calming And Invigorating Scent
- Packaged In Crystalline Form
- Menthol Crystals Melt Just Above Room Temperature
- Menthol Crystals Dissolve Easily Into Pure Food Grade Alcohol And Essential Oils
- Use Menthol Crystals To Make Your Own Soap And Shampoo
- Menthol Crystals Have A Peppermint Odor
- Sprinkle High Purity Menthol Crystals Into The Water Of Your Essential Oil Diffuser
- Mix USDA Certified Organic Coconut Oil With Menthol Crystals To Prepare Home Made Mentholated Preparations
- Menthol Crystals Are Shipped FedEx In The USA
- Buy Menthol Crystals To Make Your Own Creams, Balms, Fragrance Oils And Essential Oils
- Dilute Menthol Crystals For Maximum Safety
- Menthol Crystals For Sale Onine At LabAlley.com
- Buy Menthol Crystals To Use In Lotions And Foot Creams
- A Combination Of Menthol Crystals And Steam Can Soothe Congestion
Menthol Crystal Purified Features:
Menthol Crystal Uses From PubChem
Menthol is the main component in the essential oils of cornmint and peppermint. It can be extracted from plants or synthetically produced. It is a white or colorless, flaky, crystalline substance. It is solid at room temperature. It has a peppermint smell and taste. It is one of the most important flavoring substances after vanilla and citrus. Menthol is moderately soluble in water. USE: Menthol is used in mentholated cigarettes and can be present at low levels in non-mentholated cigarette brands. It is an ingredient in medicines, make-up and pesticides. It is used in candies, chewing gum, liqueurs and toothpastes as a flavor ingredient. It is used as a cooling ingredient in shampoos and soaps.
Health And Safety Information From PubChem
Symptoms of exposure to this compound may include irritation of the skin, eyes, mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. Exposure may also cause hypersensitivity reactions including contact dermatitis, spasms of the glottis and collapse in young children, urticaria, flushing, headache, insomnia, unsteady gait, thick speech, tremor of the hands, mental confusion, depression, vomiting, cramp in the legs and bradycardia. Exposure to compounds of this class may cause painless blanching or erythema, possible corrosion, profuse sweating, intense thirst, nausea, diarrhea, cyanosis from methemoglobinemia, hyperactivity, stupor, blood pressure fall, hyperpnea, abdominal pain, hemolysis, convulsions, coma and pulmonary edema followed by pneumonia. If death from respiratory failure is not immediate, jaundice and oliguria or anuria may occur. These compounds occasionally cause skin sensitization. ACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: This compound may be harmful by inhalation, ingestion or skin absorption. It is an irritant of the skin and eyes. It is also irritating to the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and toxic fumes of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.