Customer Relationship Rock Star
Join one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in Austin, Texas! Lab Alley is a leader for chemicals and solvents within the Chemical and Science industry, with the ultimate goal of becoming the Amazon for chemicals. Lab Alley has experienced significant growth with over 30,000 customers and growing each day. The company’s vision is to grow the business six-fold over the next 3 years. We are deemed an “essential business” as our products are shipped all over the country and used to help people stay safe.
Lab Alley currently is seeking a full-time Customer Relationship Rock Star. Join our fast-growing Science e-commerce company in Austin, Texas. This is an awesome full time career opportunity that will evolve in growth in responsibility and compensation. This person will work within the customer service and operations department to ensure customers are being taken care of. Bottom line is we need a doer! If you can get stuff done, operate in a very fast paced environment, willing to learn and work hard, this position can be you biggest growth opportunity of a lifetime for you! Join one of the fastest growing companies in Austin Texas!
Having a Chemistry and or Science experience or education would be a plus.
We need this person to get stuff done!
We do not care what educational background you have!
We need someone to take action and willing to commit to a growing company!
For more information about our company please visit our website at http://www.laballey.com.
Overview - Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the first line of communication with our customers! You will be taking incoming calls from our customers so you will be the lead ambassador for our company.
- Make sure customers are happy! Interfacing with the purchasing, customer service, and shipping department to make sure customers are being taken care of.
- Communicate and develop relationships with customers through phone and e-mail.
- Be a doer! Work with operations team to ensure customer satisfaction.
Specific - Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicating (via phone and e-mail) to a significant amount of customers each day on current orders, new sales, etc.
- Effectively process new sales through inbound calls from new and existing customers. This will include providing sales quotes to United States and Canadian customers. This is not a sales position as we have plenty of interest in our products! We just need someone to facilitate the process.
- Customer resolution. We use an online ticketing system called Zoho Desk to respond and resolve customer issues. This person needs to own the ticket management process from beginning to completion. This could be filtering, assigning tagging tickets and or just closing them on your own to ensure that customer issues are resolved/closed.
- Communicate in a very friendly, positive and effective manner with customers, and is very comfortable in communicating by phone, email, or online chat.
- New business customer onboarding. Onboard new business customers that want to do business by submitting new purchase orders. This process involves submitting credit application, submitting W9 and other info to customers to get put into their purchasing system, soliciting their order and inputting their order into our e-commerce system, Shopify, and generating invoice.
- Content management on e-commerce website. This person will upload Safety Data Sheets (SDS), tech data sheets, and other content on our products so customers can access them through our website.
- Product maintenance on e-commerce website. This person will have to do some product maintenance on the website where it is adding new products or editing product info (editing descriptions, prices, etc.).
- Assist and consults with customers to select Lab Chemicals and Supplies and directs customers to product information and resources.
- Provide excellent and over the top customer service. Customer service tasks include the following:
- Checking email frequently and responding to inquires immediately and pro-actively.
- Ability to totally handle customer service requests from A – Z and without little involvement from others within the company. This may involve communicating with suppliers about product and or ordering issues.
- Assist customers with website navigation and order placement (teach the customer how to shop on our e-commerce websites).
- Provide alternative products and solutions to customers if products have been discontinued or temporarily out of stock.
- Provide resolutions to customer issues that are fair for both company and customer.
- General task management. Assist with all types of tasks that the different departments need assistance with.
- Communicate with different departments to resolve issues. This person will work with the purchasing, operations, and shipping department to ensure customers are being taken care of.
- Resilient. Someone that is not going to shy away from growth or getting things done but is challenged!
- Strong work ethic and commitment. Company is growing rapidly so you will be working the entire time while you’re here.
- Self-starter. Someone that is not waiting for stuff to do rather proactively looking for ways to improve company.
- Growth mindset. Company is growing rapidly and is still young so there are many growth opportunities within the company. Ground floor opportunity to be involved with something big here in Austin!
- "Bust the door down" mentality.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment without supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong tech-savvy skills (MS Excel, Google Suite apps, etc.).
- Data entry skills, organization, and multi-tasking are required.
- Full-time hours: 40 hours per week. Hours are worked during the business week.
- Work in office. This is not a virtual position. Person must come into the office each day.
- Science/Chemistry knowledge/understanding a plus.
Compensation: $15 - $20 per hour based on experience.
To apply for this awesome position, please contact Fred Elabed via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.