Job Title: Operation Assistant
Inc. 5000 recently awarded/recognized Lab Alley as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America! We are also one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in Austin, TX! We provide easy access to essential chemicals – on-budget, on-time, every time.
Think Amazon for Chemicals!
The Operations Assistant ensures our operations department is organized and running smoothly and customers get their orders on-time. Providing a great customer experience is very important to us and you will have an immediate impact on this. We are looking for an organized and operationally focused individual who can work with a growing small company to assist our operations department and do whatever it takes to continue to grow the company.
If you are incredibly organized and efficient, operate in a very fast-paced environment and be willing to learn and work hard; this position can be the growth opportunity of a lifetime! Having Chemistry and Science experience and or passion, a plus.
What You Get To Do:
- See your work impact the business.
- Autonomy to make decisions.
- Work closely with the team and different departments of the company to get valuable insight on how the business functions, the bottlenecks, solutions, and the opportunities.
- Learn and grow in the position and opportunities to advance within the business as the company continues to grow at a rapid pace.
- Make a difference in the world! The more businesses and consumers have our products, the more the economy grows, and people stay safe!
Essential Responsibilities (This is a MUST!):
- Shipping of Orders - Strategic. Develop strategies and systems to ensure all customer orders are shipped on-time, cost effectively, undamaged, no hazmat discrepancies or issues, and safely. Strategic role vs. actual shipping.
- Great Customer Experience - Back-End. Provide a great customer experience through the back end of the company (Shipping on-time, less damages, interfacing with customer service, etc.).
- Practices and Procedures. Develop, maintain, and execute practices and procedures to streamline and scale operations and optimize customer order shipping output.
Other Responsibilities (This just goes with the territory!):
- Inventory - Product and Supplies. Keep meticulous records of all incoming shipments and inventories of products and supplies.
- Technology for Operational Efficiency. Utilize technology for operational efficiency and for improved customer experience.
- Administrative and Reporting. Develop and manage administrative data and reports needed to achieve the results statement (Inventory, product certificate of analyses. unshipped orders, ship list, damages, miss-picks, etc.).
- Work with Internal and External Teams. Work with internal teams at the company (Customer service, shipping, purchasing, etc.) and external resources (UPS, etc.) to make sure customers are being taken care of.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Operations Acumen. Experience with assisting a successful operation within a company.
- Incredible Organizational Skills. Excellent attention to detail and very organized.
- Very Efficient. Keen ability to be efficient among distractions. Flawless execution.
- Doer. Someone that can just get stuff done.
- Demonstrable Results. Proven track of delivering results in previous roles and ability to self-manage and prioritize work to deliver on key goals.
- Time Management Skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Tech Savvy. Ability to grasp and effectively use many different applications and technology such as MS Office, Google suite, Shopify, CRM, e-mail, and other apps that operate the business.
- Hungry. A hunger for operations and getting customer orders shipped on-time!
- Commitment to Company’s Mission and Vision:
- Mission: We supply essential, daily-use chemicals to our customers – on-budget and on-time, every time.
- Vision: Be the Amazon for chemicals.
- Core Values. Align with the company’s core values – 1. Care, 2. Commitment, 3. Work Ethic/Hustle, 4. Honest and Real.
Experience or Equivalent Experience:
- Education. Do not need a college degree (Just hustle!), but bachelor’s degree in chemistry or science preferred.
- Experience. 2+ years of operations experience.
- Chemistry/Science. A passion and or working experience in chemistry or science a plus.
- Full-time salary + benefits.
- 40+ plus hours.
- You like Science or Chemistry!
- You are super organized and efficient!
- You want to have a flexible schedule!
- You are a doer!
- You are hungry and committed when you do something!
- You are looking for a career opportunity rather than another job to last 1 or 2 years!
- Pay: Based on experience.
- Vacation Time: 2-week vacation and sick leave.
- PTO: Unlimited personal time off.
- Team Building Activities:
- Participate on our softball team!
- Company lunches.
- Schedule: Flexible work schedule.
- Learning and Growing: Remote opportunities.
- Education: No college degree necessary!
If you are interested in this awesome opportunity, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Sample of a project that you developed that created efficiencies or cost savings in a company’s operation.