Job Title: Product Manager – Chemicals (Hybrid)
Inc. 5000 recently awarded/recognized Lab Alley as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America! We are also one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in Austin, TX! We provide easy access to essential chemicals – on-budget, on-time, every time.
Think Amazon for Chemicals!
The Product Manager – Chemicals plays a key role on our Marketing team by managing, optimizing, and growing our product lines in accordance with the company’s vison and strategic plans.
Having Chemistry and Science experience and or passion is a must to thrive in this role.
What You Get To Do:
- See your work impact the business.
- Autonomy to make decisions.
- Work closely with the team and different departments of the company to get valuable insight on how the business functions, the bottlenecks, solutions, and the opportunities.
- Learn and grow in the position and opportunities to advance within the business as the company continues to grow at a rapid pace.
- Make a difference in the world! The more businesses and consumers have our products, the more the economy grows, and people stay safe!
Essential Responsibilities (This is a MUST!):
- Product Data Analytics. Analyze sales results and market information pertaining to product lines and provide workflow and direction to marketing team to build marketing and campaign strategies.
- Product Marketing Strategy. Identify and build product marketing strategy for growing sales based on industry and global trends.
- Customer Insight. Develop a deep understanding of customer behavior and insights and execute strategies to accelerate product adoption and improve engagement with the product.
- Manage Existing and Identify New Suppliers and Products. Act as liaison and primary contact for suppliers and leverages supplier partnership opportunities. Identify new suppliers for existing and new product lines. Identify new products that will create more sales opportunities from our customer base.
Other Responsibilities (This just goes with the territory!):
- Pricing. Develop and execute pricing strategy that will ensure the company has a high rate of sales conversions with customers.
- Demand Planning and Supply Chain. Using knowledge of the customer-base and industry to plan monthly/yearly projections for what will be sold and what will need to be bought to service the customer-base.
- Partner with Marketing Department. In a highly collaborative partnership with the marketing department, build plans and coordinate internal strategies for product lines that meet sales goals.
- Administrative and Reporting. Develop and manage administrative data and reports needed to achieve the results statement.
- Work with Internal and External Teams. Work with internal teams at the company (Marketing, customer service, shipping, purchasing, etc.) and external resources to make sure customers are being taken care of.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Product Marketing Acumen. Strong marketing experience and know how as it relates to product marketing to customers.
- Consultative Selling and Problem-Solving Skills. Consultative selling, problem-solving, and negotiation skills, plus knowledge of pricing and marketing strategies and customer management.
- Conveying and Communicating Ideas. Effectively conveys ideas and concepts via multiple modes of communication, including excellent telephone skills.
- Customer Interaction Skills. Ability to talk with customers and identify their pain points and help marketing department develop a product marketing strategy to solve customer problems.
- Data Reporting. Experience with data and reporting.
- Excel. Advanced Excel skills.
- Communication Skills. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
- Project Management Skills. Outstanding project management with the ability to manage internal and external teams and multiple, cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Organizational Skills. Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Doer. Someone that can just get stuff done.
- Demonstrable Results. Proven track of delivering results in previous roles and ability to self-manage and prioritize work to deliver on key goals.
- Time Management Skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Tech Savvy. Ability to grasp and effectively use many different applications and technology such as MS Office, Google suite, Shopify, CRM, e-mail, and other apps that operate the business.
- Hungry. A hunger for operations and getting customer orders shipped on-time!
- Commitment to Company’s Mission and Vision:
- Mission: We supply essential, daily-use chemicals to our customers – on-budget and on-time, every time.
- Vision: Be the Amazon for chemicals.
- Core Values. Align with the company’s core values – 1. Care, 2. Commitment, 3. Work Ethic/Hustle, 4. Honest and Real.
Experience or Equivalent Experience:
- Education. Do not need a college degree (Just hustle!), but bachelor’s degree in chemistry or science preferred.
- Experience. 2+ years of product management, market developer or sales/marketing experience.
- Chemistry/Science. A passion and or working experience in chemistry, chemical engineering, science, or technical background.
- Full-time salary + benefits.
- 40+ plus hours.
- You love product marketing and customer behaviors!
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills!
- You enjoy talking and networking with people!
- You love Science or Chemistry!
- You want to have a flexible schedule!
- You are a doer!
- You are hungry and committed when you do something!
- You are looking for a career opportunity rather than another job to last 1 or 2 years!
- Pay: Based on experience.
- Vacation Time: 2-week vacation and sick leave.
- PTO: Unlimited personal time off.
- Team Building Activities:
- Participate on our softball team!
- Company lunches.
- Schedule: Flexible work schedule.
- Learning and Growing: Remote opportunities.
- Education: No college degree necessary!
If you are interested in this awesome opportunity, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Sample of a product marketing strategy or campaigns you have developed.