Lab Grade Calcium Oxide Powder For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
- Buy 500 Grams Of Calcium Oxide Powder For $19
- Purchase 2.5 Kilograms Of Anhydrous Calcium Oxide Powder For $73
- Buy 12 Kilograms Of Calcium Oxide Powder For $146
- Buy 25 Kilograms Of Calcium Oxide Powder For $253
- Lab Alley Is A Quicklime Supplier Based In Austin, Texas.
- Call 512-668-9918 To Request Wholesale Prices For Calcium Oxide.
- Call 512-668-9918 To Request A Safety Data Sheet (SDS) For Calcium Oxide.
- Buy Bulk Calcium Oxide And Pulverized Quicklime Online
- Buy Calcium Hydroxide Here
- Shop For All Calcium Oxide Products Here
Calcium oxide (CaO), commonly known as quicklime or burnt lime, is a widely used chemical compound. It is a white, caustic, alkaline, crystalline solid at room temperature. The broadly used term "lime" connotes calcium-containing inorganic materials, in which carbonates, oxides and hydroxides of calcium, silicon, magnesium, aluminium, and iron predominate. By contrast, quicklime specifically applies to the single chemical compound calcium oxide. Calcium oxide that survives processing without reacting in building products such as cement is called free lime. Quicklime is relatively inexpensive. Both it and a chemical derivative (calcium hydroxide, of which quicklime is the base anhydride) are important commodity chemicals. Read more here.
- Calcium Oxide Formula: CaO
- Calcium Oxide IUPAC ID: Oxocalcium
- Calcium Oxide Molar Mass: 56.0774 g/mol
- Calcium Oxide Melting Point: 4,662°F (2,572°C)
- Calcium Oxide Boiling Point: 5,162°F (2,850°C)
- Calcium Oxide Is Soluble In: Water, Glycerol
- Calcium Oxide Solubility
- Calcium Oxide ChemSpider ID: 5254016
- Calcium Oxide PubChem CID: 14778
- Calcium Oxide With Water
- Calcium Oxide Uses: For Steelmaking, Production Of Aerated Concrete Blocks, Food Additive, Main Ingredient In Conventional Portland Cements
- Calcium Oxide Facts
Calcium oxide is widely used in industry, e.g., in making porcelain and glass; in purifying sugar; in preparing bleaching powder , calcium carbide, and calcium cyanamide; in water softeners; and in mortars and cements. In agriculture it is used for treating acidic soils (liming). Read more here.
It is a white to pale yellow powder with a density of 3.35 g/cm3. Its melting point is 2572 °C and its boiling point is 2853 °C. It is soluble in acids, glycerol and a sugar solution. If dissolved in water (Ca(OH)2) exhibits a pH of 12.5. Read more here.
Basic oxides -it is a complex chemical substance oxides, which form a salt with the chemical reaction with acids or acidic oxides and do not react with bases or basic oxides. For example, the basic oxides include the following: K2O (potassium oxide), CaO (calcium oxide), FeO (iron oxide 2-valent). Read more here.
Calcium oxide is a basic drying agent that is suitable for dehydrating neutral and basic gases, amines, low-boiling alcohols, and ethers. Read more here.
When calcium oxide (chemical formula: CaO) reacts with water (chemical formula: H2O), the following reaction takes place: The product of this reaction is calcium hydroxide, also known as slaked lime. Thus, when calcium oxide reacts with water, slaked lime is produced. Read more here.
Calcium oxide is often used to "lime" lake waters that have been acidified by acid rain. It reacts with and neutralizes acids in the lake formed when nitric and sulfuric acid in acid rain are carried to earth by rain, snow, sleet, and other forms of precipitation. Read more here.
Because of vigorous reaction of quicklime with water, quicklime causes severe irritation when inhaled or placed in contact with moist skin or eyes. Inhalation may cause coughing, sneezing, labored breathing. It may then evolve into burns with perforation of the nasal septum, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Although quicklime is not considered a fire hazard, its reaction with water can release enough heat to ignite combustible materials. Read more here.
Calcium Oxide Powder, Lab Grade Features:
Calcium Oxide Powder, Lab Shipping Information:
DOT: Calcium oxide, 8, UN1910, PG III
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Calcium Oxide Powder, Lab.