Why Buy Chloroform ≥99% ACS Reagent Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Chloroform ≥99% ACS Reagent Grade
At room temperature, our Chloroform, (≥99%) is a colorless, volatile solvent that has been stabilized with Ethanol. Chloroform is basically a methane analogue of three halogens. Its vapors have a heavy narcotic effect, which can cause sedation. The reagent grade is generally equivalent to the ACS grade and is acceptable for use in analytical applications and research laboratories. Our premium quality Chloroform Reagent Grade is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS) and is highly recommended for getting consistent and repetitive results in research/biochemical labs. Furthermore, it can be used to produce extracts for food items and medicines due to its high purity.
Common Uses and Applications
- As a common lab solvent
- As a solvent in NMR Spectroscopy
- As a precursor to the production of Teflon (PTFE)
- Historically as a precursor to the production of chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants
- Historically as an anesthetic
- Chemical Industry
- Pesticide Industry
- Rubber Industry
|Trichloromethane, Trichlormethan, Formyl trichloride, Trichloroform, Methane trichloride, Methenyl trichloride, Methyl trichloride|
|ACS Reagent Grade|
Chloroform ≥99% ACS Reagent Grade Specifications
|Residue after Evaporation||0.01%|
|Acetone & Aldehyde-To Pass Test||(Limit about 0.005%)|
|Acid and Chloride||To Pass Test|
|Free Chlorine||To Pass Test|
|Substances Darkened by Sulfuric Acid||To Pass Test|
|Suitability for use in Dithizone Tests||To Pass Test|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Chloroform Lab Grade, 6.1, IN1888, PG III
The 55-gallon ship LTL freight - please contact customer service for rates.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Chloroform ≥99% ACS Reagent Grade.
Important: This product will only be shipped to Schools, Universities, Laboratories, or Companies. If you are an individual ordering this product, it will not be shipped to you. It will be deleted from your order and the rest of the order will be shipped without your confirmation.