- Buy A 16 oz (500ml) Bottle Of Hexane For Oil Extraction For $33
- Buy A 1 Gallon (4 Liter) Bottle Of Hexane For Oil Extraction For $114
- Buy A Bulk 5 Gallon Pail Of Hexane For Oil Extraction For $357
- Shop All Hexane Products Here
Chemical Properties Of Hexane Sold Online At LabAlley.com
- CAS Number: 110-54-3
- Molecular Formula: C6H14
- Formula Weight: 86.18
- Assay: Min 85%
Hexane Shipping Information:
DOT: Hexanes, 3, UN1208, PG II
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Hexane. Contact Lab Alley for a hexane Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Buy Hexane For Solvent Extraction | Hexane For Sale In The USA | Buy 500 mL Bottle For $33 | For Oil Extraction | Buy 4 Liter Bottle For $114 | Buy Hexane In Bulk | 5 Gallon Pail $357 | Fast Shipping | No Permit Required
Solvents such as hexane are used for extraction purposes. Also known as n-Hexane, this chemical is a petroleum distillate made from crude oil, is used to purge or wash plant materials such as seeds to release oils. n-Hexane, sold by Lab Alley is used in industrial facilities and laboratories in the United States.
Buy Hexane For Oil Extraction Facilities In The USA
Hexane is frequently mixed with other chemical liquid solvents such as ethanol to extract vegetable oil and canola oil from crops such as soybeans. Manufacturing facilities in the USA buy hexane for oil extraction from Lab Alley. Soybean oil is produced from hexane sold by Lab Aley. Hexane is one of the most popular solvents used in food science systems that extract nutraceuticals from plants, seeds and flowers. In 2019, the conventional technology used for oil extraction from oilseeds is by solvent extraction. In solvent extraction, n-hexane is used as a solvent for its attributes such as simple recovery, non-polar nature, low latent heat of vaporization (330 kJ/kg) and high selectivity to solvents. Hexane purchased from Lab Alley is used by biodiesel producers in the USA to extract oil (lipids) from microalgae.
Solutions such as Methanol/Ammonia/Water‐Hexane are used to extract glucosinolates from mustard seeds. Hexane, a non-polar solvent is used to extract oils from flaxseed, dried and cured organically grown fresh herbs and seed. It is commonly used for pharmaceuticals and food processing.
Buy Hexane For Use In Food And Science Laboratories In America
The term “hexanes” (CAS 110-54-3) is a hydrocarbon distillation fraction that contains a mixture of linear and branched hexane isomers. Certain types of high purity hexane solvent solutions are used in science and food laboratories HPLC, spectrophotometry, and GC/MS analysis. Since hexane cannot be easily deprotonated, it is used in the laboratory for reactions that involve very strong bases. Chemical processing labs use hexane to extract oil and grease contaminants from water and soil for analysis. Hexane is used for development, manufacturing and research applications throughout America. Hexanes are commonly used in chromatography.
Buy Hexane And Other Solvents For Use In Botanical Extraction Facilities
The purpose of extraction using solvents is to reduce the plant material to an extract full of active compounds (terpenes and flavonoids) and to avoid producing an extract that contains solvents such as heptane. Other solvents used are ethanol, butane, heptane, pentane, pure non-denatured ethanol (100% alcohol/ethyl alcohol) and propane. Hexane is not safe to consume. It is a toxic substance.
Hexane can be used as a solvent and a wash in the botanical extraction process. n-Hexane is used to extract oil and other compounds from plant material. Hexane is used to remove chlorophyll from plant materials and extracts. The hexane extraction is a process frequently used in food industry and soyfood processing. Hexane is a popular solvent for extraction of oils, chlorophyll, bioactive compounds and other constituents of plant foods. Hexane removes undesirable constituents from plant foods and solutions. Buy hexane for botanical oil extraction from Lab Alley online in the USA. In solvent extraction, n-hexane is used as a solvent for its attributes such as simple recovery, non-polar nature, low latent heat of vaporization (330 kJ/kg) and high selectivity to solvents. Hexane has been widely used for oil extraction because of easy oil recovery, narrow boiling point (63–69 °C) and excellent solubilizing ability.
It is important to understand the safety and efficiency of various extraction methods. Hexane is highly flammable and explosive. It is important to use hexane in the correct environment and take the necessary safety precautions. Hexane should be used in a well-ventilated area or outside. People use hexane to produce a final product that is much more potent than the original herb. When using hexane for botanical processing it allows the user to isolate more desirable compounds than the herb provides freshly harvested. The purpose of using hexane or other solvents such as ethanol, pentane or hexane are to reduce the plant in solution then remove the chemicals. If done incorrectly the herbal oil and compounds can remain full of chemicals that could be harmful to the human body. In order to purge hexane from the finished product there are two options; heat and vacuum using thin film techniques or washing it in food grade ethanol. Hexane is ideal for dissolving the waxes and lipids during the extraction process. It is important to use a good grade of hexane or distill the hexane before using it for the extraction. This will produce better results in the end. You can purchase hexane for botanical processing and extraction at Lab Ally.
- Buy Food Grade Ethanol For Botanical Extraction and Processing | From $29.90 >
- Buy Ethanol Denatured With Heptane | For Botanical Extraction | From $39.90 >
- Buy Ethanol Denatured With Hexane | For Botanical Extraction | From $149 >
- Buy Hexane For Botanical Extraction | From $33 >
- Buy Heptane For Botanical Extraction | From $175 >
- Buy Pentane For Botanical Extraction And Processing | From $50.90 >
- Buy Acetone For Botanical Extraction and Processing | From $19.61 >
- Buy Isopropyl Alcohol For Botanical Extraction And Processing | From $17.88 >
- Buy Chloroform For Botanical Extraction And Processing | From $22 >
- Buy Ethyl Acetate For Botanical Extraction And Processing | From $9.48 >
- Buy Methanol For Botanical Extraction And Processing | From $15 >
- Buy Ethylene Glycol For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Propylene Glycol For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Acetonitrile For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Petroleum Ether For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Hydrogen Peroxide For Botanical Extraction And Processing | From $9 >
- Buy Methylene Chloride (Dichloromethane or DCM) For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy MCT Oil For Botanical Extraction And Processing >