Also Known As Enseal, Muriate of potash, Klotrix, Sylvite And Chlorvescent
Potassium Chloride (KCl) is a chemical compound composed of potassium (K) and chlorine (Cl) ions. It is a white crystalline salt that is commonly used for various purposes in industry, medicine, and agriculture.
Potassium Chloride Offerings at Lab Alley
- Potassium Chloride USP/FCC Grade
- Potassium Chloride Reagent Grade
- Potassium Chloride Lab Grade
- Potassium Chloride, Saturated Solution, Analytical Reagent Grade
- Potassium Chloride, 3M Solution, Lab Grade
- Potassium Chloride, 1.28M Solution, Lab Grade
Common Uses and Applications
- Food Industry: Potassium chloride is used as a salt substitute in low-sodium or "lite" versions of various food products, including snacks, canned goods, and processed meats.
- Medical Use: Potassium chloride is used in medicine as a potassium supplement for individuals with low potassium levels (hypokalemia). It is often prescribed in tablet or liquid form.
- Fertilizer: It is a vital component of many fertilizers because potassium is an essential nutrient for plant growth. Plants require potassium for various physiological processes, including water and nutrient uptake, enzyme activation, and photosynthesis.
Industrial Applications: It has several industrial applications, such as in the manufacturing of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and as a flux in metallurgy to reduce the melting point of certain materials.