Why Buy n-Hexane, HPLC Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About n-Hexane, HPLC Grade
The name n-Hexane refers to the unbranched, linear conformation of C6H12, indicating that branched isomers of hexane are not present. It is a clear, colorless liquid with a petroleum-like aroma. HPLC grade indicates high purity (>95%), suitable for most laboratory and pharmaceutical applications.
HPLC grade n-Hexane is the solvent of choice for liquid chromatography and other laboratory applications.
Common Uses and Applications
- Seed and vegetable oil extraction
- Reaction medium
|n-Hexane, Hexyl hydride, Skellysolve B, Gettysolve-B, Hexan, Hexanes, Dipropyl, Normal hexane, n-Hexan|
n-Hexane, HPLC Grade Specifications
|Assay (n-Hexane)||95.0% min.|
|Assay (as Total C6 Isomers)||99.5% min|
|Color (APHA)||10 max|
|Residue After Evaporation||0.001% max.|
|Water Soluble Titrable Acid||0.0003 meq/g max|
|Sulfur Compounds (as S)||0.005% max|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Hexanes, 3, UN1208, PG II, Hazmat Fee Required.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for n-Hexane, HPLC Grade, 95%.