Why Buy Hexanes 99.9% ACS Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Hexanes 99.9% ACS Grade
The term Hexanes (pluralized) refers to a mixture containing multiple isomers of hexane (C6H14), as well as some smaller proportion of non-isomeric C5, C6, and C7 alkanes. ACS grade designation signifies that this reagent meets the purity standards set by the American Chemical Society (at least 95%).
Hexanes is the solvent of choice for seed and vegetable oil extraction, textiles manufacturing, glue and degreaser formulations, and select cleaning applications.
Common Uses and Applications
- Seed and vegetable oil extraction
- Cleaning reagent
- Reaction medium
- Food & Beverage
- Textiles industry
- Automobile manufacturing
|n-Hexane, Hexyl hydride, Skellysolve B, Gettysolve-B, Hexan, Hexanes, Dipropyl, Normal hexane, n-Hexan|
Hexanes 99.9% ACS Grade Specifications
|Assay (Total Hexane Isomers, plus & Methylcyclopentane)||NLT 98.5%|
|n-Hexane, vol%||45.0% min|
|Appearance||Clear, Colorless Liquid|
|Color (APHA)||10 max|
|Residue After Evaporation||0.001% max|
|Water Soluble Titrable Acid||0.0003 meq/g max|
|Sulfur Compounds (as S)||0.005% max|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Hexanes, 3, UN1208, PG II, Hazmat Fee Required
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Hexanes, ACS Grade, 99.9%.