Why Buy Isopropyl Alcohol 70% USP Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Isopropyl Alcohol 70% USP Grade
Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) at the 70% concentration is the most common concentration sold in stores as rubbing alcohol. This product contains 70% isopropyl alcohol 30% distilled water. The combination of alcohol and water makes this an ideal solution for cleaning against microbial bacteria, fungi, and viruses. The water acts as a catalyst for denaturing proteins and penetrating cell membranes, because of the higher water content it doesn’t vaporize as readily as higher concentrations giving it more time to make contact with the surface.
Examples of when Isopropyl Alcohol 70% is the preferred concentration.
- IPA 70% is the most effective concentration for cleaning against bacteria, fungi and viruses and it is more effective than 99.8% or 91% IPA.
- IPA 70% is used widely for medicinal purposes as a disinfectant of surfaces and skin.
- IPA 70% is used in the food industry to sanitize reactors, vats, and other equipment.
For electronics, extractions of oils, and additional cosmetic uses Isopropyl Alcohol 99.8% could be the preferred concentration.
Common Uses and Applications
- Anti-bacterial agent
- Food industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Meat processing
|Isopropanol, 2-propanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, 2-hydroxypropane, Alkolave, Avantine, Hartosol, Dimethylcarbinol, Sec-propyl alcohol, Petrohol|
Isopropyl Alcohol 70% USP Grade Specifications
|Assay||68.2 - 72%|
|Water||31.8 - 28%|
|Specific Gravity @ 20°C||0.873 - 0.884|
|Color APHA||5 max|
|Acidity||Not more than 1.0 ml of 0.02N NaOH required for neutralization|
|Limit of Non-Volatile Residue||NMT 5 mg|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Isopropanol, 3, UN1219, PG II.
If you have any questions about ordering 100% alcohol or laboratory supplies online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email email@example.com to talk with an Alcohol Specialist.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) 70%, USP Grade.