Why Buy Isopropyl Alcohol 91% Lab Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Isopropyl Alcohol 91% Lab Grade
Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) at the 91% concentration is hydrophobic and evaporates quickly making this concentration ideal for use with products and environments that are sensitive to water and residues. Isopropyl alcohol is a colorless and flammable liquid. Lab grade chemicals are high quality but unlike the ACS/USP grade the exact impurities are unknown making these great for lab and research purposes but not pure enough for food or drug uses.
This product contains 91% isopropyl alcohol 9% distilled water. The combination of alcohol and water makes this an ideal solution for cleaning and disinfecting. The presence of water makes this ideal for cleaning as it doesn’t evaporate as readily as a higher concentration. Isopropyl Alcohol is a colorless and flammable liquid.
Examples of when Isopropyl Alcohol 91% lab grade is the preferred concentration.
- IPA 91% can be used in some electronic manufacturing processes that don’t require 99.8% isopropyl alcohol.
- IPA 91% is used in HPLC, GC, fluorescence, or TLC for characterization and quantification of chemicals.
For products and equipment related to food, cosmetics or pharmaceuticals Isopropyl Alcohol 91% lab grade is preferred.
Common Uses and Applications
- Lab experiments and research
|Isopropanol, 2-propanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, 2-hydroxypropane, Alkolave, Avantine, Hartosol, Dimethylcarbinol, Sec-propyl alcohol, Petrohol|
|>90 - 91.8%|
Isopropyl Alcohol 91% Lab Grade Specifications
|Assay||90 - 91.8%|
|Water||10 - 8.2%|
|Acidity as Acetic Acid||0.0008|
|Specific Gravity||0.873 - 0.884|
|Distillation Range IPB, Deg C||82.1|
|Distillation Range DP, Deg C||82.2|
|Refractive Index||1.377 - 1.378|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Isopropanol, 3, UN1219, PG II
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Isopropyl Alcohol 90-91% Lab.
If you have questions about ordering isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol) online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email email@example.com to talk with a Isopropyl Alcohol Specialist. Isopropyl Alcohol is shipped to customers in the United States by UPS.