n-Pentane ≥99% High Purity Grade For Solvent Uses, 500ml, 1 Liter, 4 Liter, Bulk 5 and 55 Gallon Sizes | Clear, Colorless Liquid Organic Compound, Formula C5H12, CAS # 109-66-0, IUPAC Name n-Pentane
Buy Chemically Pure Pentane (C5H12) Online Here Or By Phone
If you have questions about ordering chemically pure pentane (n-pentane 98% and 99%) online in the USA at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email email@example.com to talk with a Pentane Specialist. Contact us for pentane safety data sheets (SDS/MSDS).
Common Uses Of Pentane In Laboratories
Pentane is used in laboratories in the United States. Pentanes are relatively inexpensive and are the most volatile liquid alkanes at room temperature, so they are often used in the laboratory as solvents that can be conveniently and rapidly evaporated. However, because of their nonpolarity and lack of functionality, they dissolve only nonpolar and alkyl-rich compounds. Pentanes are miscible with most common nonpolar solvents such as chlorocarbons, aromatics, and ethers. They are often used in liquid chromatography.
Pentane Extraction Method
Pentanes are some of the primary blowing agents used in the production of polystyrene foam and other foams. Usually, a mixture of n-, i-, and increasingly cyclopentane is used for this purpose. Acid-catalyzed isomerization gives isopentane, which is used in producing high-octane fuels. Because of their low boiling points, low cost, and relative safety, pentanes are used as a working medium in geothermal power stations in some blended refrigerants also used as a working medium in organic rankine cycles. Pentanes are solvents in many ordinary products, e.g. in some pesticides.
Information On Pentane From Wikipedia
Pentane is an organic compound with the formula C₅H₁₂—that is, an alkane with five carbon atoms. The term may refer to any of three structural isomers, or to a mixture of them: in the IUPAC nomenclature, however, pentane means exclusively the n-pentane isomer; the other two are called isopentane and neopentane. Read more here.
- Pentane Molar mass: 72.15 g/mol
- Pentane Boiling point: 96.98°F (36.1°C)
- Pentane Formula: C5H12
- Pentane Density: 626 kg/m³
- Pentane IUPAC ID: Pentane
- Pentane Melting point: -201.6°F (-129.8°C)
- PubChem CID: 8003
- Pentane Safety And Hazards
- Pentane Structure And ChemSpider ID: 7712
Pentane is found in alcoholic beverages. Pentane is present in hop oil. Pentane is any or one of the organic compounds with the formula C5H12. This alkane is a component of some fuels and is employed as a specialty solvent in the laboratory. Its properties are very similar to those of butane and hexane. It exists in three structural isomers, the branched isomers are called isopentane and neopentane. Pentane is one of the primary blowing agents used in the production of polystyrene foam. Pentane is a straight chain alkane consisting of 5 carbon atoms. It has a role as a non-polar solvent and a refrigerant. It is a volatile organic compound and an alkane. N-pentane appears as a clear colorless liquid with a petroleum-like odor. Flash point 57°F. Boiling point 97°F. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Hence floats on water. Vapors are heavier than air. Read more here.
How Pentane (n-Pentane) Is Used In The United States
- n-Pentane is a specialty solvent for pharmaceutical, industrial, medical and laboratory use in America.
- Use ≥99.9% as an easily evaporated non-polar solvent for herbal, plant, botanical and essential oil extraction.
- Extra pure ACS grade n-pentane, HPLC grade and reagent grade n-pentane are sold by Lab Alley.
- n-Pentane is a supercritical solvent for fractionation.
- n-Pentane plays a role as a non-polar solvent and a refrigerant.
- n-Pentane is used for the production of isopentane by acid-catalyzed isomerization.
- n-Pentane is used for the extraction of volatile chemicals from plants.
- n-Pentane purchased from Lab Alley is used at processing facilities in the USA to filter and remove insoluble material from plant materials.
- n-Pentane is a good solvent for the deactivation of tar and residue.
- Pentane is used to create a blowing agent which is then used to create a foam known as polystyrene.
- n-Pentane is used by businesses in America that manufacture botanical extractions, perfumes and fragrances made from essential oils extracted from aromatic plants, herbal medicines, natural products, dietary supplements, herbal tinctures, concentrated oils that have medical benefits, skin care products, health and wellness products and essential oils.
- Used in laboratories and botanical processing facilities In the U.S. as a solvent that can be easily and rapidly evaporated.
About Buying n-Pentane Online From Lab Alley
- Fast Shipping In The USA
- Buy Bulk Pentane At Wholesale Prices
- Buy Pentane For Laboratory
- Lab Alley Is An Retailer, Distributor And Supplier Of n-Pentane.
- n-Pentane Is Shipped To Homes, Businesses, Factories, Schools, Research Institutions, Testing Facilities, And Wellness Centers All Across The Country.
- Lab Alley Is A Chemical And Laboratory Supply Company Based In Austin Texas.
- Wholesale prices for bulk orders of n-pentane.
n-Pentane (98% and 99%) Grades And Formulas
- CAS Number: 109-66-0
- Molecular Formula: C5H12
- Formula Weight: 72.15
- Environmental Grade
- Reagent Grade
n-Pentane Reagent Grade (98%) Technical Specifications
- Typical Analysis
- Assay (by GC): Min 98%
n-Pentane (99% | High Purity) Technical Specifications
- Typical Analysis
- Assay (by GC): Min 99%
n-Pentane Shipping Information
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for n-Pentane.
This alkane is an organic compound with the formula C5H12. In a literal sense, pentane may refer to any of three structural isomers or a mixture of n-pentane, isopentane (methylbutane) and neopentane (dimethylpropane). It is a colorless, flammable, water-insoluble and volatile liquid that smells like gasoline. It is obtained from petroleum through distillation processes. The boiling points of pentane isomers range from about 9 to 36 °C. It has a molecular weight of 72.151 g/mol. It has a melting point of -201.6°F (-129.8°C). Pentane has a density of 626 kg/m³.
Buy n-Pentane Online
Pentane, also know as n-pentane (normal pentane), is for sale online by Lab Alley, a pentane wholesale supplier and distributor headquartered in Austin, Texas. Laboratory and extraction facility purchasing managers can buy 500mL bottles, 1 and 4 liter bottles, 5 gallon pails and 55 gallon drums of n-pentane (CAS Number: 109-66-0).
More Uses Of n-Pentane In The Land Of Liberty
- In Households By Homeowners
- By Chemists
- Buy Laboratory Managers
- By Manufacturing Plant Technicians
- At Testing Facilities
- By Pharmaceutical Firms
- At Research Laboratories
- Extensive Use At Extraction And Processing Facilities
Learn More About Agricultural, Industrial And Manufacturing Uses Of Pentane
N-pentane is used as a solvent and in many industrial applications such paints, coatings, pharmaceutical and petrochemical. Pentane can be found in natural gasoline and alcoholic beverages. It as a blowing agent in the production of polystyrene foam. Pentanes are used as solvents in laboratories, for extraction processes, as a analytical reagent in and as a fuel component.
Pentane, a hydrocarbon, has properties that are similar to butanes and hexanes. N-Pentane is used for the extraction and eluting of essential oils from plant materials. N-Pentane can be used with hydrocarbon extraction systems that extract botanical compounds and oils from plants.
Butane, propane and hexane are also used for extraction purposes. It has a role as a non-polar solvent in botanical extraction. N-pentane is used for the rapid extraction of low-boiling-point volatiles from small amounts of plant material. Hydrocarbon (Butane, Propane and Pentane) solvent extraction is best for certain products and ethanol solvent extraction is better for others. To browse our full line of extraction grade ethanol, click here. Food grade ethanol is for sale here.
Lab Alley sells organic solvents, organic chemicals, green solvents, bio-based solvent formulations, organic compounds, food grade solvents, natural solvents and bio solvents in bulk in the United States.