Petroleum Ether For Sale | ACS Reagent Grade | "Ligroin" | "Petroleum Spirits" | Boiling Point 35-60 °C | Solvent For Lipid Extraction, Soxhlet Extraction, Cleaning, Recrystallization, Denaturation, Gas Chromatography (GC), Grignard Reaction | Shipped UPS
CAS 8032-32-4 Molecular Formula C6-16H12-34 Formula Weight 82.2 UN Number 1268 Description Petroleum Ether, ACS Reagent Grade is not a member of the ether family but is termed as an ether due to high volatility and origin. It is a fraction of petroleum distillate that contains a m...Prices and Availability
CAS 64742-95-6 UN Number 1268 Description VM& P Naphtha is the short form of the compound Pure Varnish Maker and Painters Naphtha. It has different trade names such as the Painters Naphtha, Petroleum Ether, Refined Solvent Naphtha, and Petroleum Spirit. It is an aliphatic hydroca...Prices and Availability
Buy Petroleum Ether Online Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
If you have questions about ordering petroleum ether online from a laboratory chemical supplier or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email email@example.com to talk with a petroleum ether specialist. Lab Alley provides fast shipping of petroleum ether in the U.S. Petroleum Ether is a volatile, clear, colorless and non-fluorescent liquid.
Petroleum Ether For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
Buy Petroleum Ether | Shipped UPS | ACS Reagent Grade | "Ligroin" | For Fat (Lipid) Extraction, Cleaning, Denaturation, GC | MSDS | CAS 8032-32-4 | For Sale Online | BP 35-60 °C | Volatile, Clear, Colorless Liquid
Where To Buy ACS Reagent Grade Petroleum Ether | For Sale Online In U.S. | (Anhydrous Ligroin 35°-60°C) | For Analytical, Laboratory, Home, Organic Chemistry, Personal And Scientific Use In The United States | For The Extraction Of Biological And Herbal Substances | Buy Diethyl Ether Here
- ACS Reagent Grade | "Ligroin" | "Petroleum Spirits | Boiling Point 35-60 °C | Solvent For Lipid Extraction, Soxhlet Extraction, Cleaning, Recrystallization, Removing Glue, Denaturation, Gas Chromatography (GC), Grignard Reaction | MSDS | CAS Number 8032-32-4
- For Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes
- Petroleum Ether Is Used In USA Laboratories And On U.S. Farms For The Extraction Of Biological And Herbal Substances
- ACS Reagent And Laboratory Grade Petroleum Ether
- Petroleum Ether Is A Solvent Used By Individuals And Families In Homes In The United States
- Petroleum Ether Is A Commonly Used Solvent On American Farms
- Non-polar Solvent For Fats, Waxes And Oils
- Petroleum Ether (Pet Ether) Dissolves More Non-Polar Lipids Than Diethyl Ether With Less Potential For Peroxide Formation.
- Use Petroleum Ether For Organic Chemistry And Organic Synthesis
- Petroleum Ether Structure: A petroleum distillation fraction having a low boiling range, typically around 30-60oC. Contains a mixture of low molecular weight aliphatic hydrocarbons. Commonly used as a nonpolar solvent.
- CAS Number 8032-32-4
- Petroleum Ether Density: 0.64 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- Petroleum Ether Molecular Weight 82.2 g/mol
- Highly Flammable Liquid Hydrocarcbon
- Petroleum Ether Has Many Industrial And Scientific Uses
- Chemical Formula C6-16H12-34
- Petroleum Ether Hazards: Petroleum ethers are flammable liquirds that are extremely volatile, have very low flash points, and present a dangerous fire hazard when exposed to heat or flame. Inhalation of high concentrations of petroleum ether may cause central nervous system effects characterized by drowsiness, nausea, headache, dizziness, unconsciousness and coma. High vapor concentrations may cause drowsiness. Aspiration may cause respiratory swelling and pneumonitis.
- Commonly Used For Standard Laboratory Applications
- Petroleum Ether Is A Mixture Of Hydrocarbons Obtained From Petroleum
- Molecular Formula: C6H14
- Boiling Point: 35°-60°C
- Synonyms: Petroleum Spirits, Ligroin, Benzine and Petroleum Naphtha
- Use For Cleaning Laboratory Glassware
- Used As A Solvent In Pharmaceutical Laboratories And Manufacturing Facilities To Isolate Compounds.
- Petroleum Ether Can Isolate And Extract Stigmasterol And Beta-Sitosterol From Roots
- Substitutes For Petroleum Ether | Ethanol | Food Grade Alcohol | Methanol | Non-Polar Solvents | Chloroform | Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride) | Hexane | Diethyl Ether
- Used As A Detergent, Fuel And Insecticide
- Ingredient In Paints And Varnishes
- Petroleum Ether Was Used In Photography In The Late 1800s
- Legal For Use As A Solvent In Botanical Oil Extraction Facilities In The USA
Product Container Sizes And Units Of Volume
- A 500ml Bottle Of Petroleum Ether Equals 16.9 Ounces And 1 Pint Contains 16 Ounces
- A 1 Liter Bottle Of Petroleum Ether Equals 33.8 Ounces And 1 Quart Contains 32 Ounces
- A 4 Liter Bottle Of Petroleum Ether Equals 1.06 Gallons (135.26 Ounces)
Common Uses and Benefits of Petroleum Ether
Petroleum ether is a light hydrocarbon of the pentane family and a natural byproduct of the gasoline refining process. It’s formula is C6H14. It is commonly used as a nonpolar solvent by pharmaceutical companies and in laboratories. Petroleum ether is also known as benzine. It can be used to isolate compounds and suspend fats and lipids without damaging the essential compositions. It is also used as a glue remover, a detergent, a fuel, and in the manufacturing industry. Petroleum ether can be used in paints, photography and as a tool for making plant-based extracts. Although it is not classified as an ether in terms of IUPAC nomenclature. Petroleum ether’s classification is figurative to identify its extreme lightness and volatility. Petroleum ether is the petroleum fraction of aliphatic hydrocarbons. It is a colorless, non-fluorescent liquid with a gasoline-like odor. It is insoluble in water, but it is soluble in ethanol. Petroleum ether has a low flash point. This can cause a fire hazard. It should be stored in a safe location and kept away from any source of ignition. Lab Alley has Petroleum Ether ACS Grade for sale. Lab Alley has fast shipping in the USA.
Petroleum Ether vs Diethyl Ether
Petroleum ether and diethyl ether are two very different chemicals, they have little in common so it is important to know the difference. Diethyl ether is a pure organic chemical. Diethyl ether is truly an ether in terms of the organic nomenclature. Basically, this just means that it has an oxygen atom with carbons on either side. On the other hand, petroleum ether does not contain an ether linkage and it is not made up of a single chemical. It is a mixture of hydrocarbons including pentane and hexane. Diethyl ether is a clear colorless liquid, its vapors have a sweet smell and are heavier than air. Petroleum ether is also a colorless liquid, but its vapors smell like gasoline. Diethyl ether is toxic, and inhalation of large amounts can cause nausea and in some cases a coma. Petroleum ether is also an irritant and if ingested it can also cause a coma. Diethyl ether can sometimes be soluble in water. Whereas petroleum ether is always insoluble in water. They both have highly volatile properties and are found in a liquid form at room temperature. Diethyl ether is used to make other chemicals and in biomedical research. Petroleum ether is used as a solvent, fuel, detergent. It is also used in photography, paints and many more uses. Lab Alley sells Diethyl Ether and Petroleum Ether. They offer fast shipping in the USA.
Petroleum Ether vs Hexane
Petroleum ether is commonly used for crystallization processes. Likewise, some people also use hexane for this process. Petroleum ether is a mixture of many different compounds, and it has a boiling point at specific ranges. It is best to use petroleum ether for simple crystallizations. The two compounds are similar, but hexane is purified to consist mostly of hexanes. Hexane is also more toxic than petroleum ether. Depending on what you are using them for will ultimately determine which one is best to use. But petroleum ether and hexane are similar. Hexane is light and thin and it’s the weakest at dissolving anything, so it is not the primary solvent used in a mixture. Lab Alley has petroleum ether and hexane for sale. They provide fast shipping in the USA.
Petroleum Ether Warnings
Petroleum ether has a very low flash point, this causes it to be a significant fire hazard. It is important to keep it away from any source of ignition and to secure storage temperature +2°C to +25°C. Petroleum ether can cause skin irritation. If its vapors are inhaled it can lead to dizziness and drowsiness. Vapors will irritate the respiratory tract and cause coughing and mild depression. Exposure for long periods of time can cause serious health problems like impaired fertility. When handling the substance, one should wear protective clothing. To continue reading about hazards and warnings for petroleum ether click here.
Organic Solvents And Organic Chemicals For Sale
Lab Alley sells organic solvents, organic chemicals, green solvents, bio-based solvent formulations, organic compounds, food grade solvents, natural solvents and bio solvents in bulk in the United States.