Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade
|Ligroin, Benzin, Petroleum Naphtha, Naphtha ASTM, Petroleum Spirits|
|High Purity Grade|
Petroleum Ether, High Purity Grade is not a member of the ether family but is termed as an ether due to high volatility and origin. It is a fraction of petroleum distillate that contains a mixture of low molecular weight aliphatic hydrocarbons including pentanes and hexanes. Physically, it is a colorless, non-fluorescent liquid with a gasoline-like odor. It is soluble in organic chemicals like ethanol and benzene but is insoluble in water. Owing to its low flash point, it can cause explosion hazard and requires a safe storage away from any source of ignition. Our premium quality Perchloric Acid is certified as a High Purity Grade product by the American Chemical Society (ACS). It can be safely used in denaturing of chemicals, medicinal applications, and extraction purposes.
About Petroleum Ether For Sale Online In The USA
- For Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes
- ACS Reagent And Laboratory Grade Petroleum Ether
- Petroleum Ether Is A Solvent Used By Individuals And Families In Homes In The United States
- Petroleum Ether Is A Commonly Used Solvent On American Farms
- Non-polar Solvent For Fats, Waxes And Oils
- Petroleum Ether (Pet Ether) Dissolves More Non-Polar Lipids Than Diethyl Ether With Less Potential For Peroxide Formation.
- Use Petroleum Ether For Organic Chemistry And Organic Synthesis
- Petroleum Ether Structure: A petroleum distillation fraction having a low boiling range, typically around 30-60oC. Contains a mixture of low molecular weight aliphatic hydrocarbons. Commonly used as a nonpolar solvent.
- CAS Number 8032-32-4
- Petroleum Ether Density: 0.64 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- Petroleum Ether Molecular Weight 82.2 g/mol
- Highly Flammable Liquid Hydrocarcbon
- Petroleum Ether Has Many Industrial And Scientific Uses
- Chemical Formula C6-16H12-34
- Petroleum Ether Hazards: Petroleum ethers are flammable liquirds that are extremely volatile, have very low flash points, and present a dangerous fire hazard when exposed to heat or flame. Inhalation of high concentrations of petroleum ether may cause central nervous system effects characterized by drowsiness, nausea, headache, dizziness, unconsciousness and coma. High vapor concentrations may cause drowsiness. Aspiration may cause respiratory swelling and pneumonitis.
- Commonly Used For Standard Laboratory Applications
- Petroleum Ether Is A Mixture Of Hydrocarbons Obtained From Petroleum
- Molecular Formula: C6H14
- Boiling Point: 35°-60°C
- Synonyms: Petroleum Spirits, Ligroin, Benzine and Petroleum Naphtha
- Use For Cleaning Laboratory Glassware
- Used As A Solvent In Pharmaceutical Laboratories And Manufacturing Facilities To Isolate Compounds.
- Petroleum Ether Can Isolate And Extract Stigmasterol And Beta-Sitosterol From Roots
- Substitutes For Petroleum Ether | Ethanol | Food Grade Alcohol | Methanol | Non-Polar Solvents | Chloroform | Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride) | Hexane | Diethyl Ether
- Used As A Detergent, Fuel And Insecticide
- Ingredient In Paints And Varnishes
- Petroleum Ether Was Used In Photography In The Late 1800s
- Legal For Use As A Solvent In Botanical Oil Extraction Facilities In The USA
Product Container Sizes And Units Of Volume
- A 500ml Bottle Of Petroleum Ether Equals 16.9 Ounces And 1 Pint Contains 16 Ounces
- A 1 Liter Bottle Of Petroleum Ether Equals 33.8 Ounces And 1 Quart Contains 32 Ounces
- A 4 Liter Bottle Of Petroleum Ether Equals 1.06 Gallons
Petroleum Ether vs Diethyl Ether
Petroleum ether and diethyl ether are two very different chemicals, they have little in common so it is important to know the difference. Diethyl ether is a pure organic chemical. Diethyl ether is truly an ether in terms of the organic nomenclature. Basically, this just means that it has an oxygen atom with carbons on either side. On the other hand, petroleum ether does not contain an ether linkage and it is not made up of a single chemical. It is a mixture of hydrocarbons including pentane and hexane. Diethyl ether is a clear colorless liquid, its vapors have a sweet smell and are heavier than air. Petroleum ether is also a colorless liquid, but its vapors smell like gasoline. Diethyl ether is toxic, and inhalation of large amounts can cause nausea and in some cases a coma. Petroleum ether is also an irritant and if ingested it can also cause a coma. Diethyl ether can sometimes be soluble in water. Whereas petroleum ether is always insoluble in water. They both have highly volatile properties and are found in a liquid form at room temperature. Diethyl ether is used to make other chemicals and in biomedical research. Petroleum ether is used as a solvent, fuel, detergent. It is also used in photography, paints and many more uses. Lab Alley sells Diethyl Ether and Petroleum Ether. They offer fast shipping in the USA.
Petroleum Ether, High Purity Grade Features:
|Acidity||To Pass Test|
|Residue after Evaporation||1 ppm|
|Fluorescence Background||1 ppb|
|Halogenated Residue by GC-ECD (as heptachlor Epoxide)||5 ppt|
- Soxhlet extractions
- Paint manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical industries
Common Uses and Benefits of Petroleum Ether
Petroleum ether is a light hydrocarbon of the pentane family and a natural byproduct of the gasoline refining process. It’s formula is C6H14. It is commonly used as a nonpolar solvent by pharmaceutical companies and in laboratories. Petroleum ether is also known as benzine. It can be used to isolate compounds and suspend fats and lipids without damaging the essential compositions. It is also used as a glue remover, a detergent, a fuel, and in the manufacturing industry. Petroleum ether can be used in paints, photography and as a tool for making plant-based extracts. Although it is not classified as an ether in terms of IUPAC nomenclature. Petroleum ether’s classification is figurative to identify its extreme lightness and volatility. Petroleum ether is the petroleum fraction of aliphatic hydrocarbons. It is a colorless, non-fluorescent liquid with a gasoline-like odor. It is insoluble in water, but it is soluble in ethanol. Petroleum ether has a low flash point. This can cause a fire hazard. It should be stored in a safe location and kept away from any source of ignition. Lab Alley has Petroleum Ether ACS Grade for sale. Lab Alley has fast shipping in the USA.
Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade Shipping Information:
DOT: Petroleum distillate, n.o.s. (ligroin), 3, UN1268, PG II, Hazmat Fee Required
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade.
You can buy Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade for $33 online, locally or call 512-668-9918 to order bulk sizes. Your packages will be shipped in 1-2 business days via UPS or LTL. Lab Alley Brand Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade is for sale in bulk sizes and is in stock. Handy individual consumer size containers for DIY projects are leak resistant. This high quality compound is made in America. It is a high purity chemical substance that is ideally suited for scientific, development, analytical, clinical, medical, research and testing applications. Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade is delivered quickly to laboratories, factories and businesses in safe chemical resistant containers.
Manufacturing size drums, IBC totes, pallet loads and bulk industrial production scale quantities are shipped from Lab Alley's U.S.-based distribution centers by LTL freight carriers. Request a discounted wholesale price quote, here. Read customer and product reviews, here. Read return and refund policies, here. Lab Alley, founded in 2013, is a reliable Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade supplier and distributor headquartered near Austin, Texas. Lab Alley was a 2021 Inc. 5000 honoree. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about buying Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade.
The chemical formula for Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade is C6-16H12-34, the CAS Registry Number is 8032-32-4and the UN Number is 1268. Download the Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade MSDS/SDS to get safety tips and health hazard information. Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade should be carefully handled, stored in a cool dry place and chemical waste should be disposed of properly and safely.
Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade Retail Prices, Package Sizes And Bulk Quantity Ordering Options: 500ml $33, 6 x 500ml Case $163, 1 Liter $51, 4 x 1 Liter Case $167, 4 Liters $121, 5 Gallons $495, 55 Gallons $1760.
- Buy Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade, 500ml $33
- Buy Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade, 6x500ml Case $163
- Buy Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade, 1 Liter $51
- Buy Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade, 4x1 Liter Case $167
- Buy Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade, 4 Liters $121
- Buy Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade, 5gal $495
- Buy Petroleum Ether High Purity Grade, 55 Gallons $1760
Product was shipped in a timely manner
We needed the ether quickly. LabAlley had great customer service and we received it quick.
Packaging was excellent, and the quality of the product is great as always. Exactly what I needed for my art conservation retouching project.
Excellent solvent for botanical extraction
This is an excellent solvent for the use of extracting plant matter in a soxhlet extraction setup.
You May Also Like
Don't Miss Out
Receive updates, events, products and promotions by subscribing to us.