Pure Methyl Ethyl Ketone For Sale Online In Bulk At LabAlley.com [Butanone/MEK]
Methyl Ethyl Ketone Prices
- Buy A 16 oz (500ml) Bottle Of Methyl Ethyl Ketone For $22
- Buy A 33 oz (1 Liter) Bottle Of Methyl Ethyl Ketone For $40
- Buy A 1 Gallon (4 Liter ) Bottle Of Methyl Ethyl Ketone For $120
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail Of Methyl Ethyl Ketone For $300
- Buy A 55 Gallon Drum Of Methyl Ethyl Ketone For $1,932
Methyl Ethyl Ketone Is Shipped By FedEx, UPS Or LTL (Bulk)
- Buy ACS Grade Methyl Ethyl Ketone Here
Buy Methyl Ethyl Ketone In Bulk Online Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
If you have questions about ordering Methyl Ethyl Ketone (C4H8O) online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a Methyl Ethyl Ketone specialist. Use a 10% discount code to buy Methyl Ethyl Ketone online or by phone in the U.S. Lab Alley is a wholesale supplier and distributor of Methyl Ethyl Ketone based in Austin, Texas.
Chemical Properties Of Butanone (Methyl Ethyl Ketone/MEK)
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Chemical Formula: C4H8O
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Molar Mass: 72.107 g·mol−1
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Appearance: Colorless Liquid
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Odor: Mint or acetone-like
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Density: 0.8050 g/mL
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Melting Point: −86 °C (−123 °F; 187 K)
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Boiling Point: 79.64 °C (175.35 °F; 352.79 K)
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone Solubility In Water: 27.5 g/100 mL
- Strong Solvent Similar To Acetone
- CAS RN 78-93-3
- PubChem CID: 6569
- ChemSpider ID: 6321
Chemical Properties Of Methyl Ethyl Ketone Sold Online At LabAlley.com
- CAS Number: 78-93-3
- Molecular Formula: C4H8O
- Formula Weight: 72.11
Laboratory Grade Methyl Ethyl Ketone Shipping Information:
DOT: Ethyl methyl ketone, 3, UN1193, PG II
Butanone, also known as methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), is an organic compound with the formula CH3C(O)CH2CH3. This colorless liquid ketone has a sharp, sweet odor reminiscent of butterscotch and acetone. It is produced industrially on a large scale, and also occurs in trace amounts in nature. It is soluble in water and is commonly used as an industrial solvent.
As A Solvent
Butanone is an effective and common solvent and is used in processes involving gums, resins, cellulose acetate and nitrocellulose coatings and in vinyl films. For this reason it finds use in the manufacture of plastics, textiles, in the production of paraffin wax, and in household products such as lacquer, varnishes, paint remover, a denaturing agent for denatured alcohol, glues, and as a cleaning agent. It has similar solvent properties to acetone but boils at a higher temperature and has a significantly slower evaporation rate. Unlike acetone, it forms an azeotrope with water, making it useful for azeotropic distillation of moisture in certain applications. Butanone is also used in dry erase markers as the solvent of the erasable dye.
As A Plastic Welding Agent
As butanone dissolves polystyrene and many other plastics, it is sold as "model cement" for use in connecting parts of scale model kits. Though often considered an adhesive, it is actually functioning as a welding agent in this context.
Butanone is the precursor to methyl ethyl ketone peroxide, which is a catalyst for some polymerization reactions such as crosslinking of unsaturated polyester resins. Dimethylglyoxime can be prepared from butanone first by reaction with ethyl nitrite to give diacetyl monoxime followed by conversion to the dioxime.