HPLC Grade Chemicals
High-purity with physical properties suitable for high performance liquid chromatography
About HPLC Grade Chemicals
HPLC stands for high-performance liquid chromatography or high-pressure liquid chromatography. Solvents of this grade are generally suitable for use in chromatography, a scientific procedure used to separate compounds in a mixture. The most common solvents used for HPLC are water, methanol, and acetonitrile.
HPLC operates on the principle of chromatography, which involves the separation of a mixture into its individual components based on their differential interactions with a stationary phase and a mobile phase. In HPLC, the stationary phase is typically a column packed with a solid material or a porous matrix, while the mobile phase is a liquid solvent or a mixture of solvents.
A distillation process prepares HPLC-grade solvents to remove the volatile impurities, along with a filtration process to produce high-purity solvents. HPLC grade solvents are over 99.9% clean, and the remaining level of other contaminants still present are introduced in the ingredients list on the bottle label.
HPLC-grade solvents are evaluated for their UV retention and other analytical techniques to verify purity.
Major uses and applications
The following areas are the most prevalent applications for HPLC-grade products.
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Industries: HPLC Grade chemicals may be used in analytical techniques for drug discovery and other medical purposes.
- Food Processing and Testing: The USDA and other food testing organizations utilize HPLC-grade liquids to detect and quantify pesticide levels in food products.
- Drinks and beverages: Beverage makers utilize HPLC-grade products for quality control and safety testing.
HPLC Grade products Offerings at Lab Alley
Lab Alley has the following HPLC Grade products
- Acetone, HPLC Grade
- Chloroform, HPLC Grade
- Dimethylformamide, n,n- (DMF), HPLC Grade
- Ethanol 190 Proof (95%) Non-Denatured, Pure Alcohol, HPLC Grade
- Ethanol HPLC Grade 200 Proof (100%) Non-Denatured Pure Alcohol
- Ethyl Acetate, HPLC Grade
- Isopropyl Alcohol 99% HPLC Grade
- Methanol 99% HPLC Grade
Common Uses and Applications
- Food testing agents
- Medicine components
- Chemical solvents
- Herbal extraction
- Perfumes and cosmetics ingredients