Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution | AR Grade | Analytical Reagent | 20% (w/v) Aqueous Solution
20% Sodium Hydroxide For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
- Buy A 500ml (16.9 Ounce) Bottle Of Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution For $27
- Buy A 4 Liter (1.06 Gallon) Bottle Of Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution For $93
- Buy A 20 Liter (5.3 Gallon) Container Of Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution For $325
20% Sodium Hydroxide Properties
- 20% Sodium Hydroxide Freezing Point: -12
- Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution Density: 1.53 g/cm3 (20 °C)
- Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution Storage Temperature: Ambient
Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution AR Shipping Information:
DOT: Sodium hydroxide, solution, 8, UN1824, PG II
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution AR.
Assuming your 20% is weight on weight, just add 80 grams of water (80 mL at 20 degrees Celsius) to 20 grams of NaOH. You'll have [(20g NaOH) /(20g NaOH+80g water) ]*100 ==> 20g NaOH every 100g of solution. Read more here.
Sodium Hydroxide 20% Solution is used for determining the specific surface area of colladial silicia, also used for the direct oxidation of sodium Borohydride , and used to compose citrate buffer. Read more here.
Sodium Hydroxide Formula NaOH
- Sodium Hydroxide Uses: Used for science projects, ingredient in homemade soap and wine, Sodium hydroxide is used in the manufacture of pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps and detergents, and as a drain cleaner.
- Sodium Hydroxide Solubility: Highly soluble in water, with a lower solubility in polar solvents such as ethanol and methanol. NaOH is insoluble in ether and other non-polar solvents.
- Sodium Hydroxide pH: 12
- Sodium Hydroxide Structure, Properties, Spectra, Suppliers And Links
- Sodium Hydroxide Molar Mass: 39.997 g/mol
- Sodium Hydroxide Density: 2.13 g/cm³
- Sodium Hydroxide Boiling point: 2,530°F (1,388°C)
- Sodium Hydroxide IUPAC ID: Sodium oxidanide, Sodium hydroxide
- Sodium Hydroxide Soluble in: Water, Ethanol, Methanol
- Sodium Hydroxide PubChem CID: 14798
- Sodium Hydroxide ChemSpider ID: 14114
- Buy Caustic Soda Online At LabAlley.com
- To Receive A Sodium Hydroxide MSDS, Contact Lab Alley at 512-668-9918 To Request A Safety Data Sheet
- Sodium Hydroxide CAS RN 1310-73-2
- Buy Sodium Hydroxide To Make Soap
- Contact Lab Alley For Sodium Hydroxide Bulk Prices
- Food Grade/FCC Grade Sodium Hydroxide For Sale
- Buy Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide In Small Quantities For Home Use
- Sodium Hydroxide Is Shipped Via UPS In The United States
- Buy Potassium Hydroxide Here
About Sodium Hydroxide
Sodium hydroxide, also known as lye and caustic soda, is an inorganic compound with the formula NaOH. It is a white solid ionic compound consisting of sodium cations Na⁺ and hydroxide anions OH⁻ .
At room temperature, sodium hydroxide is a white crystalline odorless solid that absorbs moisture from the air. It is a manufactured substance. When dissolved in water or neutralized with acid it liberates substantial heat, which may be sufficient to ignite combustible materials. Sodium hydroxide is very corrosive. It is generally used as a solid or a 50% solution. Other common names include caustic soda and lye. Sodium hydroxide is used to manufacture soaps, rayon, paper, explosives, dyestuffs, and petroleum products. It is also used in processing cotton fabric, laundering and bleaching, metal cleaning and processing, oxide coating, electroplating, and electrolytic extracting. It is commonly present in commercial drain and oven cleaners.
Where To Buy Sodium Hydroxide
You can find sodium hydroxide (also known as lye and caustic soda) online in a white crystalline solid form, as pellets and as aqueous solutions at https://www.laballey.com/collections/sodium-hydroxide. You can purchase sodium hydroxide at Amazon. You can buy food-grade sodium hydroxide for $13 online at LabAlley.com. You can purchase 1 kilogram (35.3 ounce) of soap grade sodium hydroxide for $16 on the Internet to use to make soap. You can buy caustic soda beads for $13 here. Potassium hydroxide (KOH) is a similar chemical and you can buy it at LabAlley.com as well.
Sodium hydroxide is an ingredient in drain and oven cleaners. Sodium hydroxide is used in chemical manufacturing, oil refining, hydraulic fracturing, water treatment and metal processing. Used in the manufacture of fabric, plastic wrap, paper and soap. Sodium hydroxide is used in salt spray testing where pH needs to be regulated. Sodium hydroxide is used to manufacture many everyday products, such as paper and aluminum. Sodium hydroxide has been studied for its use in the treatment of prion disease (as occurs in mad cow disease and kuru).
Sodium hydroxide is very corrosive. It can cause irritation to the eyes, skin, and mucous membrane; an allergic reaction; eye and skin burns; and temporary loss of hair. Workers may be harmed from exposure to sodium hydroxide. Read more here.
Sodium hydroxide has the formula, NaOH and is also known as caustic soda or lye. It is extremely alkali and has a ph of 12. It is one of the strongest alkaline chemicals. It is very caustic and when in contact with the skin, can leave burns.