Acetic Anhydride For Sale Online | Buy Purified Acetic Anhydride In Bulk From Lab Alley | CAS # 108-24-7 | Formula C4H6O3
Acetic Anhydride Uses
- Acetic anhydride is an acyclic carboxylic anhydride derived from acetic acid.
- Acetic acid is used for acetylations of botanical extracts.
- Acetic anhydride is used to make fibers, plastics, pharmaceuticals, dyes, and explosives.
- Glacial acetic acid is a name for water-free (anhydrous) acetic acid. Lab Alley sells glacial acetic acid online in the USA.
- Acetic acid is used to convert cellulose into cellulose acetate.
- Acetic acid is used to produce aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid). When making aspirin, salicylic acid is the raw material for the reaction, Acetic Anhydride is the conjugate and sulphuric acid is the catalyst.
- Acetic acid is used as a wood preservative via autoclave impregnation to make a longer-lasting timber.
- In the starch industry, acetic anhydride is a common acetylation compound, used for the production of modified starches.
- Acetic acid is a key building block in the production of various chemicals, such as, vinyl acetate monomer (VAM), purified terephthalic acid (PTA), acetate esters, and acetic anhydride that are further used by a wide range of end-user industries, including synthetic fibers, textiles, inks, and pesticides. VAM is used to produce a variety of polymer and adhesives, while polyethylene terephthalate (PET), being a derivative of terephthalic acid, is predominantly used to produce polyester for textiles and plastic bottles.
Additional Information And Specifications For Acetic Anhydride
- Acetic Anhydride Density: 1.08 g/cm³
- Acetic Anhydride Solubility: Acetic anhydride dissolves in water to approximately 2.6% by weight. Soluble in ethanol, benzene and chloroform. Acetic anhydride is miscible with ethanol, ether, acetic acid and ethyl acetate. Acetic anhydride is slightly soluble in carbon tetrachloride.
- Acetic Anhydride Melting Point: -99.58°F/ -73.1°C
- Acetic Anhydride Structure: one of the simplest acid anhydrides and is a widely used reagent in organic synthesis. It is a colorless liquid that smells strongly of acetic acid, which is formed by its reaction with the moisture in the air.
Acetic Anhydride Purified Features:
Acetic Anhydride Purified Shipping Information:
DOT: Acetic anhydride, 8, UN1715, PG II, Fast Shipping In USA
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Acetic Anhydride Purified.
Acetic Anhydride Hazards
Acetic anhydride is an irritant and combustible liquid. Because of its reactivity toward water, alcohol foam or carbon dioxide are preferred for fire suppression. The vapor of acetic anhydride is harmful.
Acetic Anhydride is a highly corrosive chemical. Contact can severely irritate and burn the skin and eyes with possible eye damage. Breathing Acetic Anhydride can irritate the nose, throat and mouth. High concentrations can cause severe lung damage with coughing and/or shortness of breath.
Liquid acetic anhydride is volatile and causes little irritation on uncovered skin. However, causes severe burns when clothing is wet with the chemical or if it enters gloves or shoes. It causes skin and eye burns and irritation of respiratory tract. Nausea and vomiting may develop after exposure. It reacts violently on contact with water, steam, methanol, ethanol, glycerol and boric acid. Reaction with water is particularly dangerous in presence with mineral acids (e.g., nitric, perchloric, chromic, sulfuric acid). Potentially explosive reactions with oxidizing reagents such as barium peroxide, chromium trioxide, chromic acid, hypochlorous acid, nitric acid, perchloric acid, peroxyacetic acid, potassium permanganate, hydrogen peroxide. Reacts violently with metal nitrates used as nitrating agents.
Restricted Chemical: This product will only be shipped to Schools, Universities, Laboratories, or Companies. If you are an individual ordering this product, it will not be shipped to you. It will be deleted from your order and the rest of the order will be shipped without your confirmation.