Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade
|Acetanhydride, Ethanoic anhydride, Acetic oxide, Acetyl anhydride, Acetic acid anhydride, Acetyl ether, Acetyl oxide, Acetic acid anhydride|
Acetic Anhydride is a clear organic liquid with a pungent, penetrating vinegar-like odor and highly corrosive in nature. It is also known as Ethanoic Anhydride with chemical formula (CH3CO)2O and abbreviated as Ac2O, where Ac is representing Acetyl. Basically, it is an isolable anhydride of carboxylicacid and extensively used as a reagent in synthesis of other organic compounds. It is naturally hygroscopic (water absorber) that makes it quite useable for producing anhydrous materials.
Acetic Anhydride, Purified Features:
|Solubility||Acetic anhydride dissolves in water to approximately 2.6% by weight. Soluble in ethanol, benzene and chloroform. Acetic anhydride is miscible with ethanol, ether, acetic acid and ethyl acetate. Acetic anhydride is slightly soluble in carbon tetrachloride.|
|Melting Point||-99.58°F/ -73.1°C|
|Structure||one of the simplest acid anhydrides and is a widely used reagent in organic synthesis. It is a colorless liquid that smells strongly of acetic acid, which is formed by its reaction with the moisture in the air.|
- Acetic anhydride is an acyclic carboxylic anhydride derived from acetic acid.
- Acetic acid is used for acetylations of botanical extracts.
- Acetic anhydride is used to make fibers, plastics, pharmaceuticals, dyes, and explosives.
- Glacial acetic acid is a name for water-free (anhydrous) acetic acid. Lab Alley sells glacial acetic acid online in the USA.
- Acetic acid is used to convert cellulose into cellulose acetate.
- Acetic acid is used to produce aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid). When making aspirin, salicylic acid is the raw material for the reaction, Acetic Anhydride is the conjugate and sulphuric acid is the catalyst.
- Acetic acid is used as a wood preservative via autoclave impregnation to make a longer-lasting timber.
- In the starch industry, acetic anhydride is a common acetylation compound, used for the production of modified starches.
- Acetic acid is a key building block in the production of various chemicals, such as, vinyl acetate monomer (VAM), purified terephthalic acid (PTA), acetate esters, and acetic anhydride that are further used by a wide range of end-user industries, including synthetic fibers, textiles, inks, and pesticides. VAM is used to produce a variety of polymer and adhesives, while polyethylene terephthalate (PET), being a derivative of terephthalic acid, is predominantly used to produce polyester for textiles and plastic bottles.
- Research labs
- Adhesive agent
- Plastics production
- Aspirin production
Acetic Anhydride Purified Shipping Information:
DOT: Acetic anhydride, 8, UN1715, PG II, Fast Shipping In USA
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Acetic Anhydride Purified.
Acetic Anhydride Hazards
Acetic anhydride is an irritant and combustible liquid. Because of its reactivity toward water, alcohol foam or carbon dioxide are preferred for fire suppression. The vapor of acetic anhydride is harmful.
Acetic Anhydride is a highly corrosive chemical. Contact can severely irritate and burn the skin and eyes with possible eye damage. Breathing Acetic Anhydride can irritate the nose, throat and mouth. High concentrations can cause severe lung damage with coughing and/or shortness of breath.
Liquid acetic anhydride is volatile and causes little irritation on uncovered skin. However, causes severe burns when clothing is wet with the chemical or if it enters gloves or shoes. It causes skin and eye burns and irritation of respiratory tract. Nausea and vomiting may develop after exposure. It reacts violently on contact with water, steam, methanol, ethanol, glycerol and boric acid. Reaction with water is particularly dangerous in presence with mineral acids (e.g., nitric, perchloric, chromic, sulfuric acid). Potentially explosive reactions with oxidizing reagents such as barium peroxide, chromium trioxide, chromic acid, hypochlorous acid, nitric acid, perchloric acid, peroxyacetic acid, potassium permanganate, hydrogen peroxide. Reacts violently with metal nitrates used as nitrating agents.
Restricted Chemical: This product will only be shipped to Schools, Universities, Laboratories, or Companies. If you are an individual ordering this product, it will not be shipped to you. It will be deleted from your order and the rest of the order will be shipped without your confirmation.
You can buy Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade for $28 online, locally or call 512-668-9918 to order bulk sizes. Your packages will be shipped in 1-2 business days via UPS or LTL. Lab Alley Brand Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade is for sale in bulk sizes and is in stock. Handy individual consumer size containers for DIY projects are leak resistant. This high quality compound is made in America. It is a high purity chemical substance that is ideally suited for scientific, development, analytical, clinical, medical, research and testing applications. Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade is delivered quickly to laboratories, factories and businesses in safe chemical resistant containers.
Manufacturing size drums, IBC totes, pallet loads and bulk industrial production scale quantities are shipped from Lab Alley's U.S.-based distribution centers by LTL freight carriers. Request a discounted wholesale price quote, here. Read customer and product reviews, here. Read return and refund policies, here. Lab Alley, founded in 2013, is a reliable Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade supplier and distributor headquartered near Austin, Texas. Lab Alley was a 2021 Inc. 5000 honoree. Email email@example.com if you have questions about buying Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade.
Download the Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade MSDS/SDS to get safety tips and health hazard information. Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade should be carefully handled, stored in a cool dry place and chemical waste should be disposed of properly and safely.
Acetic Anhydride, ACS Grade Retail Prices, Package Sizes And Bulk Quantity Ordering Options: 120ml $28, 500ml $39, 2.5 Liters $132, 4 Liters $154.
You May Also Like
Great and quick delivery
The product was high quality and extremely well packed for shipping. Nice to receive chemicals in pristine condition.
Very pure and fast shipping