The inorganic compound Barium Chloride has the formula BaCl2 . It is one of the most common barium salts and is readily soluble in water. It is whitish in appearance, is poisonous, and gives aflame having a yellowish-green tint, just like most other barium salts. It is also hygroscopic, forming the dihydrate BaCl2-2H2O . Lab Alley is providing Barium Chloride Crystal in its Dihydrate form with 99% purity. It is widely used in laboratories because of its low cost, easy availability, and water solubility. An ACS grade reagent is a chemical that meets the purity requirements of the American Chemical Society. For dependable, consistent, and repeatable findings, ACS Grade reagents can be utilized in high-quality research labs. Lab Alley is selling its high-quality Barium Chloride Crystal, Dihydrate, ACS Grade, 99% online at laballey.com in the United States of America (USA). This product is ideal for commercial, industrial, and laboratory applications.
- Barium Chloride Formula: BaCl2
- Barium Chloride Molar Mass: 208.23 g/mol
- Barium Chloride Melting Point: 1,764°F (962°C)
- Barium Chloride Boiling Point: 2,840°F (1,560°C)
- Barium Chloride Density: 3.86 g/cm³
- Barium Chloride PubChem CID: 25204
- ChemSpider ID: 23540
- Information On Barium Chloride From ChemSpider: Chemical Properties, Spectra, Structure
- Barium Chloride SDS: Contact Lab Alley At 512-668-9918 To Request the Safety Data Sheet For Barium Chloride.
Barium chloride is a white solid, soluble in water and methanol, but insoluble in ethanol and alkanes. Read more here.
In industry, Barium Chloride is mainly used in the purification of brine solution in caustic chlorine plants and also in the manufacture of heat treatment salts, case hardening of steel, in the manufacture of pigments, and in the manufacture of other barium salts. Read more here.
Barium chloride is toxic and an eye, skin and mucous mem- brane irritant. May be fatal if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through the skin. Poisoning may affect the kidneys, cardiovascular and central nervous systems. Read more here.
Barium chloride dihydrate is a hydrate that is the dihydrate form of barium chloride. It has a role as a potassium channel blocker. It is a hydrate, a barium salt and an inorganic chloride. It contains a barium chloride. Read more here.
The compound barium chloride is not the same thing as barium and chlorine mixed together. which forms an ionic lattice when solid. Since this lattice has overall neutral charge, its ionic charges must balance with integer coefficients. Read more here.
What happens when you mix barium chloride and sodium sulfate? Barium sulfate is insoluble in water, so it will precipitate as a solid. Sodium chloride will remain in solution. Read more here.
- Barium Chloride Synonyms: Barium chloride, 10361-37-2, Barium dichloride, BaCl2, Barium chloride (BaCl2)
- Barium Chloride Description: Barium chloride appears as white crystals. A salt arising from the direct reaction of barium and chlorine. Toxic by ingestion.
- Barium Chloride Uses: Manufacture pigments, color lakes, glass, mordant for acid dyes; weighting and dyeing textile fabrics; in aluminum refining; as pesticide; boiler cmpd for softening water; tanning and finishing leather. Used in treating wool for stuffing mattresses. Chemicals (artificial barium sulfate, other barium salts); reagents, lubrication oil additives; boiler compounds, textile dying, pigments, manufacture of white leather. For chlorine and sodium hydroxide manufacture, as flux for magnesium alloys. Principally an intermediate for barium salts, including barium sulfate; intermediate for steel hardening compounds; production of magnesium metal; in chemical analysis; in water treatment; chemical intermediate.
- Barium Chloride Safety And Hazards: Exposure Routes: inhalation, ingestion, skin and/or eye contact Symptoms: Irritation eyes, skin, upper respiratory system; skin burns; gastroenteritis; muscle spasm; slow pulse, extrasystoles; hypokalemia Target Organs: Eyes, skin, respiratory system, heart, central nervous system.
Barium Chloride Dihydrate is used in waste water treatment, the production of PVC stabilizers, oil lubricants, barium chromate and barium fluoride. As an inexpensive, soluble salt of barium, Barium Chloride finds wide application in the laboratory. It is commonly used as a test for sulfate ion. Read more here.
Barium Chloride Crystal, Dihydrate, ACS Grade Features:
|Insoluble in Dilute Hydrochloric Acid||0.015%|
|Water-soluble Titrable Base||0.002 meq/g|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||0.001%|
- Moisture absorber
- Waste water treatment
- PVC stabilizers
- Steel industry
Hazmat Fee Required
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Barium Chloride Crystal, ACS.