Why Buy Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride) Lab Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride) Lab Grade
Dichloromethane is one of four chlorocarbons that are produced by chlorinating methane. The others that result during this process are chloromethane, trichloromethane (chloroform) and tetrachloromethane (carbon tetrachloride). Dichloromethane is the least toxic of the carbons produced during this process, but it still poses a health risk as it is a highly volatile liquid. The volatility is one of its key properties allowing it to be easily removed.
Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride) is used in the transportation industry to degrease metal surface for cars, airplane components and railroad tracks. It is also used in organic chemistry labs, in consumer products, and in plastic and acrylic manufacturing.
Common Uses and Applications
- Foam industries
- Production of aerosols
- Food & Beverage
- Pharmaceutical & Nutraceutical
- Commercial paint strippers and degreasing applications.
|Methylene chloride, Methylene dichloride, Dichloro-Methane, Methylene bichloride, Methane dichloride, Solaesthin, Solmethine|
Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride) Lab Grade Specifications
|Chrominance (Pt/Co), No.||10 max.|
|Acidity (calculated as HCI)||≤ 0.0004%|
|Moisture||≤ 0.01% (100 ppm)|
|Residue after evaporation||≤ 0.0005%|
|Amylene (stabilizer)||≤ 0.005%|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Dichloromethane, 6.1, UN1593, PG III
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride) Lab.