Dimethylglyoxime Powder, ACS Grade
Dimethylglyoxime Powder | ACS Grade | Formula C4H8N2O2 | Colorless Solid | "DmgH₂" | For Analysis Of Palladium, Platinum Or Nickel | Precipitating, Detecting, Photometric & Spot Test Reagent | Bidentate Ligand | Forms Complexes With Metals
Chemical Properties Of Dimethylglyoxime Sold Online At LabAlley.com
- CAS Number: 95-45-4
- Molecular Formula: C4H8N2O2
- Formula Weight: 116.12
- Melting Point: Approx. 240C
- Suitability for Nickel Determination: To Pass Test
- Insoluble in Alcohol: 0.05%
- Residue after Ignition: 0.05%
- Dimethylglyoxime Formula: C4H8N2O2
- Dimethylglyoxime Molar Mass: 116.12 g/mol
- Dimethylglyoxime Density: 1.37 g/cm³
- Dimethylglyoxime Solubility In Water: low
- Dimethylglyoxime Melting Point: 240 to 241 °C (464 to 466 °F; 513 to 514 K)
- Dimethylglyoxime Boiling Point: decomposes
- Dimethylglyoxime ChemSpider ID: 21159429
- Dimethylglyoxime PubChem CID: 21159429
Chemical Structure Of Dimethylglyoxime
Dimethylglyoxime is a chemical compound described by the formula CH3C(NOH)C(NOH)CH3. Its abbreviation is dmgH2 for neutral form, and dmgH for anionic form, where H stands for hydrogen. This colourless solid is the dioxime derivative of the diketone butane-2,3-dione (also known as diacetyl). DmgH2 is used in the analysis of palladium or nickel. Its coordination complexes are of theoretical interest as models for enzymes and as catalysts. Many related ligands can be prepared from other diketones, e.g. benzil.
Dimethylglyoxime can be prepared from butanone first by reaction with ethyl nitrite to give biacetyl monoxime. The second oxime is installed using sodium hydroxylamine monosulfonate:
Dimethylglyoxime forms complexes with metals including Nickel, Palladium, and Cobalt. These complexes are used to separate those complexes from solutions of metal salts. It is also used in precious metals refining to precipitate palladium from solutions of palladium chloride.
Was excellent. Everything came out perfect. The order was also shipped in a timely manner. Could not be happier. Thanks.
This material was useful in a qualitative analysis of nickel and palladium.
Great. Thank you