Why Buy MagSil PR, Activated Magnesium Silicate, Lab Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
|250um to 150um|
|Magnesium silicate, dioxosilane oxomagnesium hydrate, Talc powder, Soapstone, Talcum, MagSil|
|Activated, PR Grade, Lab Grade|
Magnesium Silicate PR (MagSil PR), also known as Magnesium Silicate Hydrate, Soapstone, and Talcum, is often available as hydrate having the chemical formula MgO:XSiO2-H2O, where X denotes the average mole ratio of SiO2 to MgO. It appears as an off-white odorless solid and is insoluble in Water. It is often produced by the precipitation reaction of water-soluble Sodium Silicate and a water- soluble Magnesium salt (like Magnesium Chloride or Nitrate). Chemically pure or Laboratory reagents are the two terms often used to describe Lab Grade chemicals. Lab Grade chemicals do not meet any accepted quality or purity requirements such as the ACS Grade, the USP Grade, and the FCC Grade, despite their acceptable purity. In the United States of America (USA), Lab Alley is selling its high-quality Magnesium Silicate, Lab Grade online at laballey.com. Due to its high purity, this Lab Alley product is highly recommended for labs and commercial applications.
Information On Synthetic Magnesium Silicate From Wikipedia
Synthetic magnesium silicates are white, odorless, finely divided powders formed by the precipitation reaction of water-soluble sodium silicate (water glass) and a water-soluble magnesium salt such as magnesium chloride, magnesium nitrate or magnesium sulfate. The composition of the precipitate depends on the ratio of the components in the reaction medium, the addition of the correcting substances, and the way in which they are precipitated.
The molecular formula is typically written as MgO:XSiO2, where X denotes the average mole ratio of SiO2 to MgO. The product is hydrated and the formula is sometimes written MgO:XSiO2•H2O to show the water of hydration.
- Chemical precursor
- Stationary Phase in Column Chromatography
- Soap Manufacturing
- Ceramic industry
- Synthesis of lubricants
- Electric and heat insulator
- Clarifying liquids by filtration
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Magnesium Silicate Lab.