Why Buy Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 400 Food Grade (FCC) from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 400 Food Grade (FCC)
Polyethylene Glycol, (C2nH4n+2On+1), is synthesized by ring-opening polymerization of ethylene oxide. This synthesis process gives PEG a range of molecular weights and distributions from 300 grams per mole to 10,000,000 grams per mole.
PEG 400 has a molecular weight of 400 and is a clear, colorless, viscous liquid. Polyethylene Glycol is colorless, inert, odorless, and non-volatile. PEG is biocompatible (it won’t damage tissues or cells), hydrophilic, dissolves readily in water without changing the color odor or taste, and is nontoxic. Due to the high purity of Polyethylene Glycol 400, it is certified by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) grade and the Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) grade.
Common Uses and Applications
- PEG 400 is used in personal care products that need to remain viscous
- PEG 400 is used as a food additive and to preserve moisture
- PEG 400 is used to readily dissolve hydrophobic drugs
- PEG 400 is often used to make viscous lubricants
- Pharmaceuticals especially for the production of lubricating eye drops
- Food and Beverage industry as an additive
- Cosmetics Industry to create nontoxic viscous hydrating products
|380 - 420|
Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 400 Food Grade (FCC) Specifications
|Average molecular weight||380 - 420|
|Completeness and color of solution||Passes Test|
|Actual viscosity @ 98.9±0.3°C (210°F)||6.8 - 8.0cst|
|pH of a 5% solution @ 25°C||4.5 - 7.5|
|Residue after Ignition||0.1% max.|
|Heavy Metals||5ppm max|
|Free Ethylene Oxide||10 ppm max|
|Free 1,4-Dioxane||510 ppm max|
|Ethylene glycol &and Diethylene glycol||0.25 max|
|Organic Volatile Impurities||Passes Test|
Safety and Shipping Information
Warnings, Safety And Hazards: Inhalation of vapor is not hazardous. Ingestion causes stupor or coma, sometimes leading to fatal kidney injury. This chemical is combustible.