Why Buy Tetrahydrofuran (THF) Lab Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Tetrahydrofuran (THF) Lab Grade
Tetrahydrofuran (THF), commonly known as Oxolane, is a compound of four carbons and one oxygen connected in a ring formation to form a cyclic ether. It is a colorless, organic solvent of low viscosity. Because it is of mid-range polarity and miscible with water, it has diverse use as a solvent. It is abundantly utilized as a polymer precursor in various polymer production sectors.
Common Uses and Applications
- Synthetic precursor and solvent for synthetic reactions
- Biomass pretreatment
- Polyvinyl chloride adhesives
- Liquid chromatography mobile phase
- Research Laboratories
- Polymer Industry
- Biofuels Industry
|Oxolane, Tetrahydro-Furan, Furanidine, Butylene oxide, Hydrofuran, Tetramethylene oxide, Oxacyclopentane, 1,4-Epoxybutane|
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) Lab Grade Specifications
|Color (APHA)||20 max.|
|Peroxides (as Hydrogen Peroxide, at time of packaging)||0.015 % max.|
|Stabilizer (BHT, w/w %)||250-400ppm|
|Residue after Evaporation||0.03% max.|
Safety and Shipping Information
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) is extremely flammable (NFPA rating = 3), and its vapor can travel a considerable distance to an ignition source and flash back.)
DOT: Tetrahydrofuran, 3, UN2056, PG II
Tetrahydrofuran, Lab Grade is hazardous. Hazmat fee required for shipping.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Tetrahydrofuran, Lab (THF).