Why Buy Tetrahydrofuran (THF) 99% NF Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Tetrahydrofuran (THF) 99% NF Grade
Tetrahydrofuran (THF), commonly known as Oxolane, is a compound of four carbons and one oxygen connected in a ring formation to form a cyclic ether. It is a colorless, organic solvent of low viscosity. Because it is of mid-range polarity and miscible with water, it has diverse use as a solvent. It is abundantly utilized as a polymer precursor in various polymer production sectors. It dissolves polymers and PVC and is the main ingredient in PVC adhesives. It can be used to liquefy old PVC cement and is often used industrially to degrease metal parts.
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) 99% NF Grade meets all of the requirements as per the National Formulary (NF) monograph.
Common Uses and Applications
- Synthetic precursor and solvent for synthetic reactions
- Biomass pretreatment
- Polyvinyl chloride adhesives
- Liquid chromatography mobile phase
- Research Laboratories
- Polymer Industry
- Biofuels Industry
|Oxolane, Tetrahydro-Furan, Furanidine, Butylene oxide, Hydrofuran, Tetramethylene oxide, Oxacyclopentane, 1,4-Epoxybutane|
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) 99% NF Grade Specifications
|Peroxide (as H2O2)||0.015%|
|Residue after Evaporation||0.03%|
Safety and Shipping Information
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) is extremely flammable (NFPA rating = 3), and its vapor can travel a considerable distance to an ignition source and flash back.)
DOT: Tetrahydrofuran, 3, UN2056, PG II
Tetrahydrofuran, NF Grade is hazardous. Hazmat fee required for shipping.
Specifications and SDS
Download data sheets .