Why Buy Toluene ACS Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Toluene ACS Grade
Toluene, also known as toluol, (IUPAC name, methylbenzene) is a benzene ring linked to one methyl group. It exists as a colorless liquid that is insoluble in water. Due to the presence of the methyl group, toluene is more reactive compared to benzene alone in the presence of electrophiles. ACS grade designation signifies high purity and integrity of reagents.Toluene is found naturally in crude oil, and is used in oil refining and the manufacturing of paints, lacquers, glues, and explosives (TNT) .
Common Uses and Applications
- Solvent, chemical synthesis
- Ingredient in paint-thinners, adhesives
- Fuel additive
- Research Laboratories
- Automotive Applications
- Petroleum Industry
|Methylbenzene, Toluol, Phenylmethane, Methylbenzol, Toluen, Monomethyl benzene, Phenyl methane, Methyl-Benzene|
Toluene ACS Grade Specifications
|Residue after Evaporation||0.001%|
|Substances Darkened by Sulfuric Acid||Passes test|
|Sulfur Compounds (as S)||0.003%|
Safety and Shipping Information
Toluene, ACS Grade in 1 gallon, 4 liter and 5 gallon sizes are hazardous. Hazmat fee required.
DOT: Toluene, 3, UN1294, PG II
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Toluene, ACS Grade.