Buy Tetrahydrofuran Online | Lab Grade | ACS Reagent Grade | HPLC Grade
Buy Tetrahydrofuran Online (C4H8O) In Bulk Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
If you have questions about ordering ACS Grade, Lab Grade and HPLC Grade Tetrahydrofuran online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a tetrahydrofuran specialist. The CAS # is109-99-9. The formula is C4H8O. Contact Lab Alley for SDS/ MSDS information.
Lab Grade Tetrahydrofuran For Sale Online In The USA
- Buy A 500ml (16.9 oz) Bottle Of Lab Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy A 1 Liter (33.9 oz) Bottle Of Lab Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy A 2.5 Liter Bottle Of Lab Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy A 4 Liter (1.06 Gallon) Bottle Of Lab Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy A 20 Liter (5.28 Gallons) Container Of Lab Grade Tetrahydrofuran
Buy ACS Reagent Grade (99%) Tetrahydrofuran (THF)
- Buy A 500ml Bottle Of ACS Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy a 1 Liter Bottle Of ACS Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy A 2.5 Liter (1.06 Gallon) Bottle Of ACS Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy A 4 Liter Bottle Of ACS Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy A 5 Gallon Metal Pail Of ACS Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy A 20 Liter Container Of ACS Grade Tetrahydrofuran
Buy HPLC Grade Tetrahydrofuran Online
- Buy A 4 Liter Bottle Of HPLC Grade Tetrahydrofuran
- Buy a 4x4 Case Of HPLC Grade Tetrahydrofuran HPLC
Information On Solvent Uses Of Tetrahydrofuran From Wikipedia
Tetrahydrofuran is an organic compound with the formula (CH₂)₄O. The compound is classified as heterocyclic compound, specifically a cyclic ether. It is a colorless, water-miscible organic liquid with low viscosity. It is mainly used as a precursor to polymers.
- Tetrahydrofuran Formula: C4H8O
- Tetrahydrofuran CAS RN: 109-99-9
- Tetrahydrofuran Boiling Point: 150.8°F (66°C)
- Tetrahydrofuran Density: 0.8876 g/cm3 at 20 °C
- Tetrahydrofuran Molar Mass: 72.11 g/mol
- Tetrahydrofuran Melting point: -163.1°F (-108.4°C)
- Tetrahydrofuran NFPA: Rating = 3
- Tetrahydrofuran IUPAC ID: Oxolane
- Tetrahydrofuran ChemSpider ID: 7737
- Tetrahydrofuran PubChem CID: 8028
- Tetrahydrofuran Molecular Weight: 72.11 g/mol
THF is composed of 4 carbon atoms, 8 hydrogen atoms, and one oxygen atom. It is most importantly characterized as being a heterocyclic ether. Structures of Furan and tetrahydrofuran (THF). THF has 4 hydrogen atoms replacing the double bonds of furan. Read more here.
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) is extremely flammable (NFPA rating = 3), and its vapor can travel a considerable distance to an ignition source and "flash back.) Read more here.
Tetrahydrofuran is a commonly used as a high purity solvent in the United States. THF is as an industrial solvent for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and in varnishes. It is an aprotic solvent with a dielectric constant of 7.6. It is a moderately polar solvent and can dissolve a wide range of nonpolar and polar chemical compounds. THF is water-miscible and can form solid clathrate hydrate structures with water at low temperatures. It is a solvent used to treat and smooth PLA (Polylactic Acid) prints and it is safe for hobby uses.
THF has been explored as a miscible co-solvent in aqueous solution to aid in the liquefaction and delignification of plant lignocellulosic biomass for production of renewable platform chemicals and sugars as potential precursors to biofuels. Aqueous THF augments the hydrolysis of glycans from biomass and dissolves the majority of biomass lignin making it a suitable solvent for biomass pretreatment.
THF is often used in polymer science. For example, it can be used to dissolve polymers prior to determining their molecular mass using gel permeation chromatography. THF dissolves PVC as well, and thus it is the main ingredient in PVC adhesives. It can be used to liquefy old PVC cement and is often used industrially to degrease metal parts.
THF is used as a component in mobile phases for reversed-phase liquid chromatography. It has a greater elution strength than methanol or acetonitrile, but is less commonly used than these solvents.
THF is used as a solvent in 3D printing when using PLA plastics. It can be used to clean clogged 3D printer parts, as well as when finishing prints to remove extruder lines and add a shine to the finished product.
Information On Laboratory Uses Of Tetrahydrofuran From Wikipedia
In the laboratory, THF is a popular solvent when its water miscibility is not an issue. It is more basic than diethyl ether and forms stronger complexes with Li+, Mg2+, and boranes. It is a popular solvent for hydroboration reactions and for organometallic compounds such as organolithium and Grignard reagents. Thus, while diethyl ether remains the solvent of choice for some reactions (e.g., Grignard reactions), THF fills that role in many others, where strong coordination is desirable and the precise properties of ethereal solvents such as these (alone and in mixtures and at various temperatures) allows fine-tuning modern chemical reactions.
Tetrahydrofuran Safety, Storage And Disposal >
Organic Solvents And Organic Chemicals For Sale
Lab Alley sells organic solvents, organic chemicals, green solvents, bio-based solvent formulations, organic compounds, food grade solvents, natural solvents and bio solvents in bulk in the United States.