Nutrient Agar | Powder Form | Medium To Grow Non-Fastidious Organisms | Contains Peptone, Agar & Beef Extract | For Mushrooms, E. coli, Plant Tissue Culture, Culturing Bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, Fungal & Yeast Growth, Sensitivity Tests
Nutrient Agar In Powder Form For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
Buy Nutrient Agar Online In Bulk Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
If you have questions about ordering Nutrient Agar in bulk online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a Nutrient Agar Specialist. Lab Alley is a wholesale supplier and distributor of Nutrient Agar based in Austin, Texas.
Information On Nutrient Agar From Wikipedia
Nutrient agar is a general purpose medium supporting growth of a wide range of non-fastidious organisms. It typically contains (mass/volume):
- 0.5% Peptone - this provides organic nitrogen
- 0.3% beef extract/yeast extract - the water-soluble content of these contribute vitamins, carbohydrates, nitrogen, and salts
- 1.5% agar - this gives the mixture solidity
- 0.5% Sodium Chloride - this gives the mixture proportions similar to those found in the cytoplasm of most organisms
- distilled water - water serves as a transport medium for the agar's various substances
- pH adjusted to neutral (6.8) at 25 °C (77 °F).
These ingredients are combined and boiled for approximately one minute to ensure they are mixed and then sterilized by autoclaving, typically at 121 °C (250 °F) for 15 minutes. Then they are cooled to around 50 °C (122 °F) and poured into Petri dishes which are covered immediately. Once the dishes hold solidified agar, they are stored upside down and are often refrigerated until used. Inoculation takes place on warm dishes rather than cool ones: if refrigerated for storage, the dishes must be rewarmed to room temperature prior to inoculation.
Nutrient Agar Product Specifications
Brand: Lab Alley
Formula and Preparation Below
Nutrient Agar consists of the following formula per Liter.
Beef Extract 3g.
Add 23 grams of material to 1 liter of boiling water thoroughly dissolve. Autoclave at 15 lbs pressure for 15 minutes in pressure cooker. Then plate or tube.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Agar, Nutrient.