Dimethyl Phthalate For Sale Online In Multiple Sizes At LabAlley.com
Prices For Dimethyl Phthalate:
- Buy A 500ml (16.9 Ounces) Bottle Of Dimethyl Phthalate For $49
- Buy A 1 Liter Bottle Of Dimethyl Phthalate For $79
- Buy A 4 Liter Bottle Of Dimethyl Phthalate For $203
- Dimethyl Phthalate Is Shipped To Customers In The United States By UPS
Dimethyl phthalate is an organic compound with molecular formula (C2H3O2)2C6H4. The methyl ester of phthalic acid, it is a colorless liquid that is soluble in organic solvents. Dimethyl phthalate is used as an insect repellent for mosquitoes and flies. It is also an ectoparasiticide and has many other uses, including in solid rocket propellants, and plastics. Its LD50 is 8200 mg/kg (rats, oral). Read more here.
Information On Dimethyl Phthalate From PubChem
Dimethyl phthalate appears as a water-white liquid without significant odor. Denser than water and insoluble in water. Hence sinks in water. Flash point 300°F. Eye contact may produce severe irritation and direct skin contact may produce mild irritation. Used in the manufacture of a variety of products including plastics, insect repellents, safety glass, and lacquer coatings. Dimethyl phthalate is a phthalate ester, a diester and a methyl ester. Read more here.
Dimethyl Phthalate Properties And Reference Information
- Dimethyl Phthalate Molar Mass: 194.184 g/mol
- Dimethyl Phthalate Boiling Point: 541.4°F (283°C)
- Dimethyl Phthalate Formula: C10H10O4
- Dimethyl Phthalate Density: 1.19 g/cm³
- Dimethyl Phthalate Index of Refraction: 1.515
Dimethyl Phthalate Classification: Organic Compound
- Dimethyl Phthalate Surface Tension: 40.6±3.0 dyne/cm
- Dimethyl Phthalate Uses: Solid Rocket Propellants, Insect Repellent For Mosquitoes And Flies, Ectoparasiticide, Plastics, Increases The Flexibility Of Plastics And Rubber, Used In Rocket Fuel, Lacquers, Coating Agents, Safety Glass And In Molding Powders.
- Dimethyl Phthalate CAS Registry Number: 131-11-3
- Dimethyl Phthalate ChemSpider ID: 13837329
- Dimethyl Phthalate Structure, Properties, Spectra, Suppliers And Links
- Dimethyl Phthalate PubChem CID: 8554
- Dimethyl Phthalate SDS: To Request A Safety Data Sheet For Dimethyl Phthalate Contact Lab Alley At 512-668-9918.
- Dimethyl Phthalate Manufacturers In India
- Preferred IUPAC Name For Dimethyl Phthalate: Dimethyl benzene-1,2-dicarboxylate
- Dimethyl Phthalate Synonyms: DMP, Fermine, Solvanom, Avolin, Dimethyl benzene-1,2-dicarboxylate
Acute (short-term) exposure to dimethyl phthalate, via inhalation in humans and animals, results in irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat. Animal studies have reported slight effects on growth and on the kidney from chronic oral exposure to the chemical. Read more here. Diethyl phthalate is not known to cause cancer in humans or animals.
The major hazards encountered in the use and handling of dimethylphthalate stem from its toxicologic properties. Toxic by all routes (ie, inhalation, ingestion, dermal contact), exposure to this colorless, oily liquid (or pale-yellow crystals at temperatures below 42 °F) may occur from its use as a plasticizer or solvent. Effects from exposure may include contact burns to the skin and eyes, confusion, ataxia, clonic jerking, coma, seizures, and possibly death. Read more here.
Camphor, dimethyl phthalate, and dibutyl phthalate are some of examples of plasticizers used in MIM. The molecules of the plasticizers contain ring-like atom groups. These ring-like atom groups will reduce the inter-molecular friction between the binder molecules and increase the flowability of the binder system. Read more here. Dimethyl Phthalate is a plasticizer for nitrocellulose and cellulose acetate, resins and rubber. Read more here.
Dimethyl phthalate is used as an insect repellent for mosquitoes, flies, fleas, and chiggers. Dimethyl phthalate is an ectoparasiticide which is an antiparasitic drug used in the treatment of ectoparasitic infestations.
Dimethyl phthalate can be prepared by heating phthalic anhydride and methanol under reilux, together with a catalyst such as sulfuric acid or sodium bisulphate, for a period of time sufficient to bring the reactants to equilibrium. Read more here.
Dimethyl Phthalate Lab Grade Features:
|Specific Gravity @ 20�C||1.190-1.194|