Ethyl Acetate | 30ml, 100ml, 500ml, 1 & 4 Liter Bottles | 5 Gallon Pails | Laboratory Grade | Colorless Liquid | Antibacterial | Formula C4H8O2 | Diluent | CAS # 141-78-6 | Polar Aprotic Solvent For Cleaning & Extraction | Ester Of Ethanol & Acetic Acid
If you have questions about ordering ethyl acetate online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with an ethyl acetate specialist.
- Buy A 500ml Bottle Of ACS Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy 1 Gallon Bottle Of ACS Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 4x1 Gallon Case Of ACS Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 4x4 Liter Case Of ACS Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail (Polyurethane) Of ACS Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail (Metal) Of ACS Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 55 Gallon Drum Of ACS Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 30ml Bottle Of Lab Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 100ml Bottle Of Lab Grade Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 500ml Bottle Of Lab Grade Ethyl Acetate
Ethyl Acetate For Sale
- Order Ethyl Acetate Online
- Buy A Gallon Of Ethyl Acetate
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail Of Ethyl Acetate For Industrial And Scientific Use
- Call 512-668-9918 For Bulk Wholesale Prices For Ethyl Acetate
- Ethyl Acetate Is Shipped Via UPS Or FedEx
- Next Day Shipping
- 99.5% Purity
- ACS Grade Ethyl Acetate For Sale
- USP Grade Ethyl Acetate For Sale
- HPLC Grade Ethyl Acetate For Sale
- Buy Ethyl Acetate For Laboratory Analytics
- Buy Paint Thinners, Additives, Solvents And Cleaners At Home Depot
- Buy Ethyl Acetate For Botanical Extraction, Testing And Processing Facilities
- EtOAc, ETAC or EA
- Buy Ethyl Acetate For Circuit Board Cleaning
- Buy Ethyl Acetate For Plant And Herbal Extraction Uses
- Buy Ethyl Acetate For Laboratory Purposes
- Buy Ethyl Acetate For Entomological Purposes
- Buy Dehydrogenate Ethanol Online
- Buy Ethyl Acetate For Manufacturing Facilities
Ethyl acetate, also known as ethyl ethanoate, is for sale online by Lab Alley, an ethyl acetate wholesale supplier and distributor headquartered in Austin, Texas. Laboratory and manufacturing facility purchasing managers in the perfume and coffee industries can buy ethyl acetate containers ranging from 500 mL bottles to 55 gallon drums. (CAS Number 141-78-6).
Ethyl acetate is used primarily as a solvent and diluent, being favored because of its low cost, low toxicity, and agreeable odor. For example, it is commonly used to clean circuit boards and in some nail varnish removers (acetone and acetonitrile are also used). Coffee beans and tea leaves are decaffeinated with this solvent. It is also used in paints as an activator or hardener. Ethyl acetate is present in confectionery, perfumes, and fruits. In perfumes, it evaporates quickly, leaving only the scent of the perfume on the skin.
In the laboratory, mixtures containing ethyl acetate are commonly used in column chromatography and extractions. Ethyl acetate is rarely selected as a reaction solvent because it is prone to hydrolysis and transesterification. Ethyl acetate is fairly volatile at room temperature and has a boiling point of 77 °C (171 °F). Due to these properties, it can be removed from a sample by heating in a hot water bath and providing ventilation with compressed air.
Occurrence In Wines
Ethyl acetate is the most common ester in wine, being the product of the most common volatile organic acid – acetic acid, and the ethyl alcohol generated during the fermentation. The aroma of ethyl acetate is most vivid in younger wines and contributes towards the general perception of "fruitiness" in the wine. Sensitivity varies, with most people having a perception threshold around 120 mg/L. Excessive amounts of ethyl acetate are considered a wine fault. Global ethyl acetate market to be valued at $3.3 billion in 2018 according to international research agency visiongain .
Entomological Killing Agent
In the field of entomology, ethyl acetate is an effective asphyxiant for use in insect collecting and study. In a killing jar charged with ethyl acetate, the vapors will kill the collected insect quickly without destroying it. Because it is not hygroscopic, ethyl acetate also keeps the insect soft enough to allow proper mounting suitable for a collection.
- Ethyl Acetate Boiling point: 170.8°F (77.1°C)
- Ethyl Acetate Molar Mass: 88.11 g/mol
- Ethyl Acetate Density: 902 kg/m³
- Ethyl Acetate Formula: C4H8O2
- Ethyl Acetate CAS Registry Number: 141-78-6
- Ethyl Acetate Melting Point: -118.5°F (-83.6°C)
- Ethyl Acetate Solubility: Solubility in ethanol, acetone, diethyl ether, benzene.
- Ethyl Acetate MSDS: Contact Lab Alley by email or call 512-668-9918 to request an MSDS/SDS for Ethyl Acetate.
- Ethyl Acetate Soluble in: Water
- Ethyl Acetate PubChem CID: 8857
- Is Ethyl Acetate Soluble In Water?: Ethyl acetate, which dissolves in water at ambient temperature at around 8.5% w/w exhibits quite a low solubility, but definitely not "zero solubility". Read more here.
Ethyl Acetate Properties
Ethyl acetate is a colorless liquid with a sweet, pear-like scent. It is the ester of ethanol and acetic acid, and is commonly used as a solvent. It is most commonly created via the Fischer esterification reaction of ethanol and acetic acid or by the dehydrogenation of ethanol. It is a slightly polar solvent that is volatile, non-toxic at low levels, and non-hydroscopic.
Ethyl acetate has a melting point of −83.6 °C and a boiling point of 77.1 °C. Its molar mass is 88.106 g·mol−1, and a density of density of 0.902 g/cm³.
Ethyl acetate is found in alcoholic beverages. Ethyl acetate is found in cereal crops, radishes, fruit juices, beer, wine, spirits etc. and produced by Anthemis nobilis (Roman chamomile) and Rubus species Ethyl acetate is used in artificial fruit essences. Ethyl acetate is used as a solvent in the manufacture of modified hop extract and decaffeinated tea or coffee. Also used for colour and inks used to mark fruit or vegetables. In the field of entomology, ethyl acetate is an effective asphyxiant for use in insect collecting and study. In a killing jar charged with ethyl acetate, the vapors will kill the collected (usually adult) insect quickly without destroying it. Because it is not hygroscopic, ethyl acetate also keeps the insect soft enough to allow proper mounting suitable for a collection. Ethyl acetate appears as a clear colorless liquid with a fruity odor. Flash point 24°F. Less dense than water. Vapors heavier than air. Ethyl acetate is the acetate ester formed between acetic acid and ethanol. It has a role as a polar aprotic solvent, an EC 22.214.171.124 (pyroglutamyl-peptidase I) inhibitor, a metabolite and a Saccharomyces cerevisiae metabolite. It is an acetate ester, an ethyl ester and a volatile organic compound. Read more here.
Ethyl acetate is highly flammable, as well as toxic when ingestion or inhaled, and this chemical can be seriously damaging to internal organs in the case of repeated or prolonged exposure. Ethyl acetate can also cause irritation when it comes into contact with the eyes or skin. Read more here.
Polar molecule contains bond dipoles, which do not cancel each other. Therefore, CH3COOCH2CH3 contains two polar bonds(CO and CO) in which their bond dipoles do not cancel each other. Hence, ethyl acetate is a polar compound. Read more here.
The ethyl ethanoate chemical formula is CH3COOCH2CH3 and its condensed formula is C4H8O2. Ethyl acetate is commonly abbreviated EtOAc. Its molar mass is 88.106 g mL-1. Ethyl acetate is an ester which derive from the replace of hydroxyl group by an ethoxy group in the acetic acid. Read more here.
Ethyl Acetate Uses
Ethyl acetate is an industrial chemical with increasing rates of production worldwide; in 2004, 1.3 million tonnes were produced globally. It is a common solvent in nail varnishes and varnish removers produced by manufacturing faciilities, as well as in paints as a hardening agent. Ethyl acetate is used for manufacturing and industrial companies to decaffeinate coffee beans and tea leaves. The low toxicity and agreeable scent of ethyl acetate makes it a popular choice for perfumes, and is seen in wines at low levels as a byproduct of fermentation. Too much ethyl acetate in a wine batch is seen as a wine fault.
Ethyl Acetate is used to extract semipolar compounds from plant material. Solutions and mixtures of 95% ethanol and 5% ethyl acetate are used as solvents for botaniacal extraction. Laboratories opt to use ethyl acetate for column chromatography and extraction processes.
Synonyms for Ethyl Acetate: Ethyl Ethanoate, Acetic Ester, Acetic Ether, Ethyl Ester of Acetic Acid
Ethyl Acetate Lab Features:
Ethyl Acetate Lab Shipping Information:
DOT: Ethyl acetate, 3, UN1173, PG II, Hazmat Fee Required
Lab grade ethyl acetate is an organic solvent perfect for academic laboratory settings, for manufacturing facilities, for manufacturing operations, for extraction facilities, and for industrial facilities, and even for households, families, and home chemists.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Ethyl Acetate.