Why Buy Food Grade Ethanol, 200 Proof from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
Ethanol And Organic Alcohol For Extraction, Tinctures And Essential Oils
Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof is a food safe 100% alcohol product used for extraction, tinctures, foods and beverages. Buy 1 liter, 1 gallon or 5 gallons. You can buy Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof products online or call 512-668-9918 to order bulk sizes. Your packages will be shipped in 1-2 business days via UPS or an LTL (less than truckload) freight carrier. Typical order delivery is 3-6 days.
Food grade ethanol 190 proof (95% alcohol) products and food grade 140 proof (70% alcohol) products are also for sale online at LabAlley.com.
U.S. federal alcohol excise tax is included in the price of all Lab Alley brand food grade ethanol products. To identify this chemical substance in the US, the Chemical Abstracts Service has assigned the unique ‘CAS’ identification number, 64-17-5, to these Lab Alley brand ethanol products. The PubChem Compound Identifier (CID) number specifying the chemical structure of this ethanol product is 702.
Ethanol is the intoxicating ingredient found in wine, beer, brandy and liquor. This organic compound is made by the alcoholic fermentation of sugars, starches and yeast. 200 proof alcohol contains 100% ethanol made from grain and no water. Lab Alley Brand Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof is 100% (99.98%) pure ethyl alcohol with no additives and it is food safe. This highly concentrated Lab Alley brand ethanol product derived from grain, contains no toxic denaturants, flavorants or stabilizers. Lab Alley brand Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof products are the purest form of ethyl alcohol.
Food grade ethanol 200 proof non-denatured ethanol products are not tainted with water, flavors, denaturants, other chemical substances such as methanol or isopropyl alcohol. They do not contain chemical compounds such as denatonium benzoate which is used to make ethyl alcohol taste bitter. They do not contain tert-Butyl Alcohol (TBA) which has a distinct smelling camphor-like aroma.
In the United States, this undenatured 100% pure ethyl alcohol product is referred to as ‘alcohol’, ‘absolute alcohol’, ‘absolute ethanol’, ‘ethanol absolute’, ‘rectified spirit’, ‘pure alcohol’, ‘200 proof alcohol’, ‘grain alcohol’, ‘grain neutral spirit’, ‘neutral spirit’, ‘Everclear’, ‘drinking/ drinkable ethanol’ or ‘pure ethanol’.
Lab Alley brand food grade ethanol 200 proof dissolves the healthy components of plant materials to form concentrates. These 100% pure concentrates are safely used to make alcohol-based tinctures, unique concentrated liquid herbal extracts, personal essential oils, hydroethanolic extracts, DIY supplements and homemade remedies and medicines.
Business And DIY Uses
- Alcohol-Based Herbal Tinctures
- Medicinal Plant Oil Solvent And Carrier
- Cleaning, Sanitizers, Sterlizing, Disinfecting
- Botanical Bioactive Compound Extraction
- Solvent Extraction For Making Tinctures
- Skincare, Personal Care And Astringent
- Medicinal, Herbal And Essential Oils
- Foods, Baking And Cake Decorating
- Perfume Fragrance Extraction
- Alcoholic Beverage Ingredient
- Flavorings And Food Ingredient
- Natural Wellness Supplements
- Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics
This Lab Alley brand 200 proof ethanol food grade product is an organic compound with the chemical formula CH₃CH₂OH. The formula for this primary alcohol is also written as C₂H₅OH, C₂H₆O or EtOH. This product is a volatile, flammable, clear colorless liquid with a pungent or burning taste and a unique pleasant aroma.
The flash point of this Lab Alley ethanol product is 55 °F., the density is 6.5 lb / gal and the boiling point is 173.1°F. Lab Alley brand pure ethanol 200 proof is 100% pure non-denatured food grade ethanol (ethyl alcohol). It is miscible with water and other organic solvents, such as acetic acid, acetone, chloroform, diethyl ether, ethylene glycol, glycerin, pyridine, and toluene. Despite being a chemical commonly used in homes, extraction systems and laboratories, ethanol is classified as a hazardous material (HAZMAT), because it is highly flammable.
Lab Alley brand food grade ethanol 200 proof products are regulated for transport by the DOT. It is designated as a Class 3 flammable liquid by the Department of Transportation (DOT). Over 90% of the ethanol produced in the U.S. is shipped by train or truck. DOT regulates the safe transportation of ethyl alcohol by rail and truck.
Because ethanol 200 proof (100%) undenatured alcohol, USP/FCC food grade is a very pure form of alcohol, its use in foods is regulated by FDA and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. The FDA has labeled food grade ethanol 200 proof as a Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) substance for use in food and beverage products.
The UN number (United Nations number) that identifies food grade ethanol 200 proof as a hazardous material is 1170. The vapor from food grade ethanol 200 proof is heavier than air and can travel a distance to cause a fire or explosion far from the source and flashback. Ethyl Alcohol may form an ignitable vapor/air mixture when stored in closed containers and tanks.
Lab Alley brand 200 proof food grade ethanol products are strong medium polarity solvents. The chemical properties of this product facilitate the efficient extraction of both water soluble and oil soluble bioactive components from plants, herbs and flowers. 200 proof undenatured ethanol has been used for a long time as a means of extracting oil from plant materials. The physical properties of 100% pure ethanol make it a highly productive FDA approved organic extraction solvent to dissolve, draw out, separate, retain and carry essential oils, medicinal plant oils, and botanical extracts.
When diluted to 70%, this product efficiently kills microorganisms, bacteria and viruses and is recommended for disinfecting surfaces, cleaning and sterilization. When Lab Alley brand 100% ethyl alcohol is diluted to 70% with pure water, the resultant solution becomes rapidly antimicrobial. Based on CDC recommendations, the use of anything greater than 60 percent ethanol will allow for proper disinfection of viruses.
- Purchase Fod Grade Ethanol 200 Proof In Polyurethane Bottles And Cases: 1 Pint Bottle, Case Of 24 One Pint Bottles, 500ml Bottle, Case Of Six 500ml Bottles, 1 Liter Bottle, Case Of Four 1 Liter Bottles, 4 Liter Bottle, Convenient Case Of Four 4 Liter Bottles, Handy 1 Gallon Bottle, Economical Case Of Four 1 Gallon Bottles
- Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof For Sale In Glass Bottles: 1 Pint Glass Bottle, Case Of Twenty Four 1 Pint Glass Bottles, 4 Liter Glass Bottle
- Order Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof In Industrial Sizes: Bulk 5Gallon Polyurethane Pail (Jug) With Handle, Business Size 55 Gallon Polyurethane Drum, Commercial 270 Gallon IBC Tote
- Buy Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof In Pallet Load Quantities: Wholesale Priced 4x1 Gallon Case x 36 Units Per Pallet, Discount Priced 4x4 Liters Case x 36 Units Per Pallet, Low Priced 5 Gallon Pails x 36 Units Per Pallet
- For safety tips and product usage guidance, download the Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof Safety Data Sheet (SDS) in PDF format.
- Lab Alley brand Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof products are Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) PDF.
- Review Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof technical data in this Product Specifications PDF.
- Lab Alley brand Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof products are certified vegan (PDF) and kosher (PDF).
- Food grade ethanol is used by businesses and DIY hobbyists for making medicinal plant extract products.
- Non-denatured alcohol is used in bulk at food processing and beverage manufacturing companies.
- 200 proof ethanol is safely used in bulk to manufacture skincare products, complementary and alternative medicine products.
- Pure 100% undenatured ethyl alcohol has many chemical applications in labs, medicine, research and development and life sciences.
- This lab and medical grade ethanol product is used to process and preserve food colors, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical medications.
- This product makes 70% alcohol solutions for surface cleaning, disinfecting, hand sanitizers and lab sterilization.
- 200 proof ethanol food grade is used to make healthy personal care formulations, skincare and cosmetic products.
- This ethanol is used for baking, cake decorating, candy making, processing foods, beverage ingredients and enhancing flavors.
- 100% Ethyl alcohol usage in handcrafting plant-based supplements, alcohol-based herbal tinctures and natural remedies.
- Ethanol is purchased in bulk for solvent extraction and processing of hemp and medicinal plant materials.
- 200 proof alcohol for blending and preserving ethanol-based herbal tinctures, fragrance extracts, perfumes, fragrance oils and essential oils.
- Pure 100% ethanol food grade is used in solvent extraction systems that produce medicinal plant and botanical oils.
- Ethanol 200 Proof is used for DIY production of bioactive compounds, alternative medicinal extracts and botanical home remedy oils.
- For perfumery and alcohol extraction of fragrant and aromatic compounds from plants and flowers.
- Popular and reliable all natural perfume and fragrance solvent, carrier, base and blending ingredient.
About Food Grade 200 Proof Ethyl Alcohol
Pure, sometimes called “absolute” ethanol, is 100% ethanol. Absolute food grade ethanol is preferred for many common techniques in food research and development, including food grade extraction and fraction isolation, or food grade synthesis.
For food grade synthesis, the presence of water could result in undesired byproducts. For example, many volatile organic compounds are synthesized in ethanol, and can be added to food to manipulate flavor and aroma. The use of food grade solvents in all of these applications ensures the safety and purity of food and food standards for consumers.
Common Uses and Applications
- Food processing
|Food Grade Ethanol 200 Proof, Pure Undenatured Food Grade Ethanol, Pure 200 proof ethyl alcohol, 200 Proof Dehydrated Ethanol, 200 Proof Anhydrous Ethanol|
|Ethanol 200 Proof (Pure)|
Food Grade 200 Proof Ethanol Specifications
|Undenatured or Denatured||Undenatured Ethanol, Food Grade Ethanol, Pure Ethanol, Absolute Ethanol|
|Boiling Point||78°C (173°F)|
|Upper / Lower flammability or explosive limits||3.3 %(V) / 19 %(V)|
|Freezing point||-114°C (-173°F)|
|Relative Density||0.785 g/mL at 25°C (77°F)|
|Auto-ignition temperature||363°C (685°F)|
Safety and Shipping Information
GRAS Reference Citation 21 CFR 184.1293.
Pure 200 proof ethanol is hazardous. Hazmat fee required. DOT: Ethanol (undenatured ethanol), 3, UN1970, PG II). Please feel free to download LabAlley's PDF, Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Below, please find a downloadable PDF, Certificate of Analysis (COA).
You can buy food grade 200 proof ethanol in a pint or pallets. For bulk orders, please call Lab Alley customer service, 512-668-9918 or email us at, firstname.lastname@example.org. We ship within 1-2 business days in the US and Canada.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
can i use your 200 proof food grade non denatured ethyl alcohol for extracting the oil out of cannabis marijuana? please email me at email@example.com. thank you
Pure ethanol is widely used in extraction of oils from plants and herbs. Our Ethanol 200 proof is naturally sourced through the fermentation of corn, highly pure, food grade product make it an effective solvent in extraction processes.