Lauric Acid 97% Lab Grade *

Also Known As Dodecanoic Acid And Dedocyclic Acid


Select size:
Sale price $20.00
Sale price $30.00
Sale price $66.00
Sale price $264.00
Sale price $515.00
*Custom Product may require additional time to process.
For questions regarding lead team, please contact a member of our Customer Care Team at

About Lauric Acid 97% Lab Grade

Lauric Acid, also known as Dodecanoic Acid and Dedocyclic Acid, has the chemical formula C12H24O2. It appears as a white crystalline solid with a characteristic odor like oil of bay. It is insoluble in Water and soluble in Ether, Chloroform, and Alcohol. It is found naturally in some plant and animal fats and is a key component of coconut oil. It is synthetically prepared by the fractional distillation of other acids of mixed coconut.

Lab Alley’s Lauric Acid, Lab Grade contains >95% Lauric acid and is non-toxic and safe to handle. It is usually used in laboratory investigations concerning melting point depression. Chemically pure or Laboratory reagents are two terms often used to describe Lab Grade chemicals. Lab Grade chemicals do not meet any accepted quality or purity requirements such as the ACS Grade, the USP Grade, and the FCC Grade, despite their acceptable purity. In the United States of America (USA), Lab Alley is selling its high- quality Lactic Acid, Lab Grade online at Due to its high purity, Lactic Acid, Lab Grade is highly recommended for laboratory testing.

Common Uses and Applications

  • Additive
  • Acidifiers
  • Chemical intermediate
  • Lubricant
  • Synthesis of substances


Chemistry Table

Dodecanoic acid, n-Dodecanoic acid, Dodecylic acid, Vulvic acid, Laurostearic acid, Dodecoic acid, Duodecylic acid, 1-Undecanecarboxylic acid
Laboratory Grade
Min. 97%
Dodecanoic Acid

Safety and Shipping Information

Please contact Lab Alley to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), MSDS and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Laboratory Grade Lauric Acid.

One-Time Purchase

Have a question?

Questions & Answers

Have a Question?

Be the first to ask a question about this.

Ask a Chemistry Question