Why Buy Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 8000, Granular, NF Grade, Kosher from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 8000, Granular, NF Grade, Kosher
Polyethylene Glycol, (C2nH4n+2On+1),is synthesized by ring-opening polymerization of ethylene oxide. This synthesis process gives PEG a range of molecular weights and distributions from 300 grams per mole to 10,000,000 grams per mole.
PEG 8000 has a molecular weight of 8000 and is sold in its granular form. It can be hydrated ti be a clear, colorless, viscous liquid. This is the highest molecular weight sold by Lab Alley and will provide the highest viscosity. Polyethylene Glycol is colorless, inert, odorless, and non-volatile. PEG is biocompatible (it won’t damage tissues or cells), hydrophilic, dissolves readily in water without changing the color odor or taste and is nontoxic. Polyethylene Glycol 8000, NF Grade available at Lab Alley is a high-quality reagent that has been certified by the National Formulary (NF), which makes it suitable for biological substances, dosage forms, compounded preparations, medical devices, and dietary supplements.
Common Uses and Applications
- PEG 8000 is used as a lubricant to coat aqueous and non-aqueous surfaces
- PEG 8000 is used as a plasticizer in tablet coating providing hardness as well as water solubility and lubricity.
- PEG 8000 is used as a chemical intermediate in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceuticals especially the production of tablet binding and coating
- Research and pharmaceuticals as a chemical intermediate
- Industrial lubricant applications
Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 8000, Granular, NF Grade, Kosher Specifications
|Average molecular weight||87.5-112.5% of the labeled nominal Value|
|Completeness and Color of Solution||Passes Test|
|Actual Viscosity@98.9±0.3°C(210*F)||470-900 cs|
|pH of a 5% Solution@25°C||4.5-7.5|
|Residue on Ignition||0.1%|
|Heavy Metals||5 ppm|
|Free Ethylene Oxide||10 ug/g|
|Free 1,4-Dioxane||10 ug/g|
|Organic Volatile Impurities||Passes Test|
Safety and Shipping Information
This chemical is not considered hazardous by the 2012 OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200)