Why Buy Propionic Acid, Liquid, FCC/Food Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
|Propanoic acid, Ethylformic acid, Methylacetic acid, Carboxyethane, Ethanecarboxylic acid, Pseudoacetic acid, Metacetonic acid|
Propionic acid has physical properties intermediate between those of the smaller carboxylic acids, formic and acetic acids, and the larger fatty acids. It is miscible with water, but can be removed from water by adding salt. As with acetic and formic acids, it consists of hydrogen bonded pairs of molecules in both the liquid and the vapor.
Propionic Acid Features:
|Specific Gravity @ 20°/20°C||0.993-0.997|
|Aldehydes (as Propionaldehyde)||To Pass Test (about 0.05%)|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||10 mg/kg|
|Readily Oxidizable Substances (as Formic Acid)||To Pass Test (limit about 0.05%)|
|Functional Use in Foods||Preservative; Mold Inhibitor|
- Food Preservatives/Additives
- Food & Beverage
Safety and Handling
GRAS Reference Citation 21 CFR 184.1081.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Propionic Acid Practical.