Cosmetic Grade Salicylic Acid Powder Product Summary
- 100% Pure Ingredient For Soap, Skin, Cream & Peels
- Buy 3.5 Ounces (100 Grams) Of Salicylic Acid Powder For $15
- Buy 4.4 Ounces (125 Grams) Of Salicylic Acid Powder For $16
- Buy 1 Pound (17.6 Ounces/500 Grams) Of Salicylic Acid Powder For $48
- Buy 2.2 Pounds (1 Kilogram) Of Salicylic Acid Powder For $94
- Buy 26.5 Pounds (12 Kilograms) Of Salicylic Acid Powder For $934
- Buy 55 Pounds (25 Kilograms) Of Salicylic Acid Powder For $1,016
- USA Cosmetic Grade For Sale Online In Bulk
- Uses: Mix And Dilute 100% Salicylic Acid Powder To Make Skin Care And Cosmetic Products, Salicylic Acid Peels And Salicylic Acid Creams. Add Salicylic Acid To Formulations To Make Soap.
- 100% Salicylic Acid For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
- Shipped To You FedEx In The USA
- High Purity USP Grade
- Formula: C7H6O3
- CAS Registry Number 69-72-7
- PubChem CID: 338
- Molar mass: 138.121 g/mol
- Boiling point: 411.8°F (211°C)
- Classification: Beta hydroxy acid
- Synonyms: 2-Hydroxybenzoic Acid
- Solubility In Water: 1.24 g/L (0 °C), 2.48 g/L (25 °C), 4.14 g/L (40 °C)
- Solubility: Soluble in ether, CCl4, benzene, propanol, acetone, ethanol, oil of turpentine
Salicylic Acid Powder USP Properties And Technical Specifications:
|Assay (C7H6O3; Dried basis)||99.5-101.0%|
|Loss on Drying||0.5%|
|Residue on Ignition||0.05%|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||20 ?g/g|
Information On Salicylic Acid From Wikipedia
Salicylic acid is a lipophilic monohydroxybenzoic acid, a type of phenolic acid, and a beta hydroxy acid. It has the formula C₇H₆O₃. This colorless crystalline organic acid is widely used in organic synthesis and functions as a plant hormone. It is derived from the metabolism of salicin.
Salicylic Acid Compound Information From PubChem
Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid that occurs as a natural compound in plants. It has direct activity as an anti-inflammatory agent and acts as a topical antibacterial agent due to its ability to promote exfoliation. Salicylic acid is a monohydroxybenzoic acid that is benzoic acid with a hydroxy group at the ortho position. It is obtained from the bark of the white willow and wintergreen leaves. It has a role as an antiinfective agent, an antifungal agent, a keratolytic drug, an EC 18.104.22.168 (L-ascorbate peroxidase) inhibitor, a plant metabolite, an algal metabolite and a plant hormone. It is a conjugate acid of a salicylate. Salicylic acid is an odorless white to light tan solid. Sinks and mixes slowly with water.
Salicylic Acid Pharmacology
Salicylic acid treats acne by causing skin cells to slough off more readily, preventing pores from clogging up. This effect on skin cells also makes salicylic acid an active ingredient in several shampoos meant to treat dandruff. Use of straight salicylic solution may cause hyperpigmentation on unpretreated skin for those with darker skin types (Fitzpatrick phototypes IV, V, VI), as well as with the lack of use of a broad spectrum sunblock. Subsalicylate in combination with bismuth form the popular stomach relief aid known commonly as Pepto-Bismol. When combined the two key ingredients help control diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, and even gas. It is also very mildly anti-biotic. Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid that occurs as a natural compound in plants. It has direct activity as an anti-inflammatory agent and acts as a topical antibacterial agent due to its ability to promote exfoliation.
Salicylic Acid Uses From PubChem
Salicylic acid is used mainly in the synthesis of acetylsalicylic acid, the most commonly dispensed pharmaceutical product. In the form of esters, amides, and salicylic acid salts it serves as a starting material for other pharmaceutical products. Technical-grade salicylic acid is used primarily as an intermediate in the production of agrochemical products, dyes, and colorants, as well as in the rubber industry and in the manufacture of phenolic resins. In the manufacture of aspirin, methyl salicylate, and other salicylates. Coupling agent for azo dyes. Has been used as food preservative. Keratolytic. Sodium salt as anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic. Manufacture of resins, prevulcanization inhibitor, analytical reagent, /formerly as a/ fungicide. Acanthosis nigricans can be dealt with by using lotions or creams containing salicylic acid.
Salicylic Acid Safety And Hazards
Inhalation of dust irritates nose and throat. Vomiting may occur spontaneously if large amounts are swallowed. Contact with eyes causes irritation, marked pain, and corneal injury which should heal. Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause marked irritation or even a mild burn. A facial cosmetic cream containing 1.5% salicylic acid, with a total score of 415.0 and a normalized score of 147.5, was classified (using the normalized score) as slightly irritating. INHALATION: move to fresh air. INGESTION: induce vomiting and get medical attention promptly. EYES: promptly flush with water for 15 min. and get medical attention. SKIN: wash with soap and water.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Salicylic Acid Powder USP.