Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution
Silver nitrate is an inorganic compound that appears as colorless, transparent flakes or powder at room temperature. It can become grey or grayish-black when exposed to light in the presence of organic substances. It has a high-water solubility and is corrosive by nature. It's the major ingredient in Silver Thiosulfate Solution (STS), which is widely used to prevent plants from losing their blooms and flowers. Lab Alley is selling its premium quality Silver Nitrate, 0.1N in the USA, which is a Reagent Grade chemical. The reagent grade is typically equal to the ACS grade and is suitable for use in analytical and research applications. Lab Alley highly recommends its Silver Nitrate, 0.1N to use in in research/biochemical labs for achieving reliable and repeatable results.
Silver Nitrate Chemical Compound Properties
- PubChem CID: 24470
- Molecular Weight: 169.873 g/mol
- Molecular Formula: AgNO3
- Silver Nitrate Solubility: Silver Nitrate is highly soluble in water but is poorly soluble in most organic solvents, except acetonitrile (111.8 mg/100 g, 25°C).
- Density: 4.35 g/cm³
- Boiling point: 824°F (440°C)
- Melting point: 413.6°F (212°C)
What Is A Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution?
A Silver Nitrate 0.1N solution is 16.987 grams diluted to a volume of 1 liter. Although you can purchase Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution from LabAlley.com, you can also prepare it yourself. For information on the preparation and standardization of 0.1 n silver nitrate, click here. For information from the ACS on standardizing silver nitrate volumetric solutions, click here.
The chemical formula for Silver Nitrate is AgNO3. Silver Nitrate is an inorganic chemical with antiseptic activity. Silver nitrate appears as a colorless or white crystalline solid becoming black on exposure to light or organic material. Silver nitrate can potentially be used as a cauterizing or sclerosing agent. Silver Nitrate is used to feminize seeds of medicinal and botanical plants.
Silver Nitrate Uses
- Silver Nitrate Ointment : Silver Nitrate is a prescription topical solution used in treating wounds and burns on the skin as an anti-infective agent.
- Silver Nitrate Cream: Silver Nitrate Cream is used to cauterize infected tissues around a skin wound.
- In Photographic Film: Silver Nitrate is used in film and photography because it turns black when exposed to light.
- Silver Nitrate For Burns: Silver Nitrate Cream is used to treat burns. Topical antimicrobials for the prevention and treatment of burn wound infection include silver nitrate.
- In Medicine: Silver nitrate is used to cauterize superficial blood vessels in the nose to help prevent nose bleeds. Dentists sometimes use silver nitrate-infused swabs to heal oral ulcers. Silver nitrate is used by some podiatrists to kill cells located in the nail bed.
- Silver Nitrate Sticks For Wound Care: A caustic pencil (or silver nitrate stick) is a device for applying topical medication containing silver nitrate and potassium nitrate, used to chemically cauterize skin, providing hemostasis or permanently destroying unwanted tissue such as a wart, skin tag, aphthous ulcers, or over-production of granulation tissue. Silver nitrate applicators (sticks) are firm wooden sticks with 75% silver nitrate and 25% potassium nitrate embedded on the tip. Moistening the tip sparks a chemical reaction that burns organic matter (skin), coagulates tissue, and destroys bacteria.
- Silver Nitrate On Skin: A Topical solution of Silver Nitrate (for use on the skin) is used to cauterize infected tissues around a skin wound. Silver nitrate can also help create a scab to help stop bleeding from a minor skin wound.
- Reagent: Silver Nitrate is used in the industrial preparation of other silver salts, and as a reagent in analytical chemistry.
- For Biology: In histology, silver nitrate is used for silver staining, for demonstrating reticular fibers, proteins and nucleic acids. For this reason it is also used to demonstrate proteins in PAGE gels. It can be used as a stain in scanning electron microscopy.
- Agriculture: Silver nitrate is a frequently used chemical in several areas in agriculture including control of plant growth, flowering development and dormancy. Silver nitrate promotes shoot development and plant regeneration.
- For Flowers: Silver Nitrate is used to extend the useful lifetime of commercial cut flowers.
- For Silver Plating And Electroplating
- Organic Synthesis: Silver Nitrate is used to separate mixtures of alkenes by selective absorption.
Silver Nitrate, 0.1N Features:
|Clarity of solution||Passes Test|
- Analytical chemistry
- Silver plating
- Hair dye
Concentrated solutions of silver nitrate will produce irritation, ulceration, and discoloration of the skin; also causes severe irritation of the eyes. Ingestion will produce violent abdominal pain and other gastroenteric symptoms. The major hazards encountered in the use and handling of silver nitrate stem from its toxicologic properties. Toxic by all routes (ie, inhalation, ingestion, and dermal contact), exposure to this odorless, colorless-to-white, crystalline substance may occur from its use in silver-plating, in photography, in the manufacture of inks, paints, pigments, and dyes, as an analytical reagent and as an antiseptic. Effects from exposure may include contact burns to the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes, argyria (a blue-gray discoloration of skin), mild chronic bronchitis, and death from large ingested doses. To safely store silver nitrate, it should be separated from combustible substances and reducing agents.
Despite its common usage in extremely low concentrations to prevent gonorrhea and control nose bleeds, silver nitrate is still very toxic and corrosive. Brief exposure will not produce any immediate side effects other than the purple, brown or black stains on the skin, but upon constant exposure to high concentrations, side effects will be noticeable, which include burns. Long-term exposure may cause eye damage. Silver nitrate is known to be a skin and eye irritant. Silver nitrate has not been thoroughly investigated for potential carcinogenic effect.
If you have questions about ordering Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution, silver nitrate crystals or silver nitrate solutions online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a Silver Nitrate Specialist.
You can buy Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution for $70 online, locally or call 512-668-9918 to order bulk sizes. Your packages will be shipped in 1-2 business days via UPS or LTL. Lab Alley Brand Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution is for sale in bulk sizes and is in stock. Handy individual consumer size containers for DIY projects are leak resistant. This high quality compound is made in America. It is a high purity chemical substance that is ideally suited for scientific, development, analytical, clinical, medical, research and testing applications. Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution is delivered quickly to laboratories, factories and businesses in safe chemical resistant containers.
Manufacturing size drums, IBC totes, pallet loads and bulk industrial production scale quantities are shipped from Lab Alley's U.S.-based distribution centers by LTL freight carriers. Request a discounted wholesale price quote, here. Read customer and product reviews, here. Read return and refund policies, here. Lab Alley, founded in 2013, is a reliable Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution supplier and distributor headquartered near Austin, Texas. Lab Alley was a 2021 Inc. 5000 honoree. Email email@example.com if you have questions about buying Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution.
The chemical formula for Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution is AgNO3, the CAS Registry Number is 7761-88-8, the PubChem CID is 24470 and the UN Number is 1493. Download the Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution MSDS/SDS to get safety tips and health hazard information. Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution should be carefully handled, stored in a cool dry place and chemical waste should be disposed of properly and safely.
Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution Retail Prices, Package Sizes And Bulk Quantity Ordering Options: 500ml $70, 6 x 500ml Case $344, 1 Liter $125, 4 x 1 Liter Case $410, 4 Liters $286, 4 x 4 Liters Case $938, 5 Gallons $1144.
- Buy Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution, 500ml $70
- Buy Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution, 6 x 500ml case $344
- Buy Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution, 1L $125
- Buy Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution, 4 x 1 Liter Case $410
- Buy Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution, 4L $286
- Buy Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution, 4 x 4 Liters Case $938
- Buy Silver Nitrate 0.1N Solution, 5gal $1144
You May Also Like
Don't Miss Out
Receive updates, events, products and promotions by subscribing to us.