Why Buy Sodium Carbonate Monohydrate FCC/ACS/NF from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Sodium Carbonate Monohydrate FCC/ACS/NF
Sodium Carbonate Monohydrate, also known as Sodium carbonate hydrate, Disodium Carbonate Monohydrate, and Carbonic Acid Sodium Salt Monohydrate, has the chemical formula Na2CO3-H2O or CH2Na2O4. It appears as colorless-to-white hygroscopic granules or powder with no odor and taste. It is freely soluble in Water and insoluble in Alcohol at ambient conditions. When dissolved in water, it produces Carbonic Acid and Sodium Hydroxide. It is the Disodium Salt of Carbonic Acid and possesses alkalinizing properties. On a commercial scale, it is produced via the Solvay process by processing Limestone, Ammonia, and Brine.
It is primarily used in the chemical and photography industry, for household and wool washing, manufacturing of detergents, utilized as a softener for water purification, building materials, metallurgy, textiles, medicine, pharmaceutical, and edible soda ash is used to produce monosodium glutamate, pasta, soy sauce flour food and spices.
Common Uses and Applications
- Softener for water purification, printing, and dyeing
- Food additive
- Cleaning agent
- Chemical reagent
- Laboratory research
- Raw material for tanning products
- Papermaking ingredient
- Printing And Dyeing
- Food And Beverage
|Sodium carbonate hydrate, Disodium Carbonate Monohydrate, Carbonic Acid Sodium Salt Monohydrate, Carbonic Acid Disodium Monohydrate|
Sodium Carbonate Monohydrate FCC/ACS/NF Specifications
|Assay(Na2CO3; Dried Basis)||Min. 99.5%|
|Loss on Drying||13.0-15.0%|
|Sulfur Compounds(as SO4)||0.004%|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||5ppm|
Safety and Shipping Information
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Monohydrate FCC/ACS/NF.