Why Buy Sodium Hydroxide, Pellets, ACS, USP/NF, FCC/Food Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Sodium Hydroxide, Pellets, ACS, USP/NF, FCC/Food Grade
Sodium Hydroxide, Pellets, ACS, USP/NF, FCC/Food Grade may be used in production of cosmetics (lotions and creams) and especially in the creation of homemade soaps. As a Food Grade chemical, it is suitable for use in the baking industry, in particular when making bagels and pretzels where it helps to create that distinctive glossy brown finish to baked goods.
As a general cleaning agent, it can be used in the home as an oven and drain cleaner. As a general laboratory chemical, it can be used to adjust pH levels upward and, as a reagent in the manufacture of many other substances.
Common Uses and Applications
- Soap & Cosmetic manufacture
- Lab reagent
- Production of bagels and pretzels
- Food & Beverage
- Wine Making
- Cosmetics (Soap)
- Paper and Textile
Sodium Hydroxide, Pellets, ACS, USP/NF, FCC/Food Grade Specifications
|Assay (NaOH)||Min. 97.0%|
|Sodium Carbonate (Na2CO3)||1.0%|
|Nitrogen Compounds (as N)||0.001%|
|Heavy Metals (as Ag)||0.002%|
|Mercury (Hg)||0.1 ppm|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Sodium hydroxide, solid, 8, UN1823, PG II
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Sodium Hydroxide Pellet ACS, USP/NF, FCC/Food Grade.