Prices For Stoddard Solvent Sold Online In Bulk At LabAlley.com
- Buy A 1 Gallon (4 Liter) Bottle Of Stoddard Solvent For $130
- Buy A 5 Gallon (20 Liter) Container Of Stoddard Solvent For $323
Chemical Properties Of Stoddard Solvent Sold Online At LabAlley.com
- CAS Number: 8052-41-3
- Appearance: Clear, Colorless
- Boiling Range: 149-208C
- Rancid or Objectionable Odor: None Detected
Stoddard Solvent Product Summary
- High Quality Laboratory Grade Solvent For Industrial and Personal Uses
- Buy A 1 Gallon (4 Liter) Bottle Of Stoddard Solvent For $130 From Lab Alley
- Buy A 5 Gallon (20 Liter) Container Of Stoddard Solvent For $323 From Lab Alley
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Chemical Substance And Is A Petroleum Mixture
- Stoddard Solvent Is A High Quality Parts Washer, Cleaner And Degreaser That Is Really Good At Removing Grime, Oil, Gunk And Grease From Industrial Parts And Agricultural Equipment
- Often Labeled As Mineral Spirits
- Stoddard Solvent Is Used In Parts Washing Tanks To Clean Automotive Parts And Machine Parts
- Stoddard Solvent Is Highly Effective At Cleaning And Flushing Ferrous And Non-Ferrous Metals And Metal Parts
- You Can Buy Stoddard Solvent From A Supplier Like Lab Alley Online Here
- Stoddard Solvent Viscosity: 0.91 - 0.95 cp @ 25 deg C
- Stoddard Solvent CAS # 8052-41-3
- EPA Registry Name: Stoddard Solvent
- Solubility: Soluble In Water, Ether And Methanol
- Stoddard Solvent SDS: Contact Lab Alley To Request An SDS Or MSDS
- IUPAC Name: 6-bromohexyl acetate
- Stoddard Solvent Toxicity Information From ATSDR
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Colorless, Flammable Liquid
- Stoddard Solvent Is Not EXACTLY The Same As Mineral Spirits But It Is A Type Of Mineral Spirits
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Paint Thinner And General Purpose Industrial Solvent
- Stoddard Solvent Is Used In Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Related Terms Are Dry Cleaning Safety Solvent, Petroleum Solvent, Varnoline
- Registered Trade Names Are Texsolve S® and Varsol 1®
- Smells And Tastes Like Kerosene
- Boiling Range: 154-202°C, | Will Turn Into Vapor At Temperatures Of 150-200°C
- Buy Mineral Spirits, Mineral Turpentines, White Spirits, Petroleum Spirits And Paint Thinners Such As Such As Stoddard Solvent, Varsol And Naphtha Online In United States From LabAlley.com.
What Is Stoddard Solvent Used For?
Stoddard Solvent is a chemical mixture that is similar to white spirits. Stoddard solvent is used as a paint thinner; in some types of photocopier toners, printing inks, and adhesives; as a dry cleaning solvent; and as a general cleaner and degreaser. Stoddard Solvent is a colorless, refined petroleum distillate that is free from rancid or objectionable odors.
White Spirits such as Stoddard Solvent are as an extraction solvent, as a cleaning solvent, as a degreasing solvent and as a solvent in aerosols, paints, wood preservatives, lacquers, varnishes, and asphalt products. In western Europe about 60% of the total white spirit consumption is used in paints, lacquers and varnishes.
White Spirits such are Stoddard Solvent are the most widely used solvent in the paint industry. In households, white spirit is commonly used to clean paint brushes after use, to clean auto parts and tools, as a starter fluid for charcoal grills, to remove adhesive residue from non-porous surfaces, and many other common tasks.
What Is Stoddard Solvent Used For?
Stoddard Solvent is a chemical mixture that is similar to white spirits. Stoddard solvent is used as a paint thinner; in some types of photocopier toners, printing inks, and adhesives; as a dry cleaning solvent; and as a general cleaner and degreaser.
Stoddard solvent is a colorless, flammable liquid that smells and tastes like kerosene. It will turn into a vapor at temperatures of 150-200°C.Stoddard solvent is a petroleum mixture that is also known as dry cleaning safety solvent, petroleum solvent, and varnoline; its registered trade names are Texsolve S® and Varsol 1®. Buy Varsol here. Stoddard Solvent is a chemical mixture that is similar to white spirits. Stoddard solvent is used as a paint thinner; in some types of photocopier toners, printing inks, and adhesives; as a dry cleaning solvent; and as a general cleaner and degreaser.
What Is Stoddard Solvent Made Of?
Stoddard Solvent is a widely used, man-made organic solvent that comes from the refining of crude oil. It is a petroleum mixture made from distilled alkanes, cycloalkanes (naphthenes), and aromatic compounds.
Stoddard Solvent Composition
Stoddard Solvent is a refined petroleum solvent containing >65% C10 or higher hydrocarbons (mineral spirits, 85% nonane & 15% trimethylbenzene). Stoddard Solvent is a refinery blend of differently treated oil fractions. The composition of Stoddard Solvent varies somewhat, depending on the refinery and the time of production.
Who Invented Stoddard Solvent?
A history of fires and explosions in dry cleaning plants was a main reason why American dry cleaner William Joseph Stoddard developed a successful non-gasoline-based solvent in the 1920s. Flammability concerns led William Joseph Stoddard, a dry cleaner from Atlanta, to develop Stoddard solvent (white spirit) as a slightly less flammable alternative to gasoline-based solvents.
Where Do You Buy Stoddard Solvent In The United States?
Stoddard Solvent Lab Shipping Information:
DOT: Petroleum distillate, n.o.s.(stoddard solvent), 3, UN1268, PG III