Why Buy Stoddard Solvent Lab Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
|8-Bromooctanoic acid, 8-Bromocaprylic acid, 8-bromo octanoic acid|
|>65% C10 or higher|
Stoddard solvent is a commonly used organic solvent that is synthesized and obtained from crude oil refining. It is a combination of distilled alkanes, cycloalkanes, and aromatic chemicals produced from petroleum. Stoddard solvent is different from Gasoline owing to its higher number of shorter-chained hydrocarbons (C 5 -C 12 ). Similarly, Kerosene, a fuel oil, has more aromatic components (30-40%) and longer-chained hydrocarbons (C 10 -C 16 ) than Stoddard solvent (l0-20%). Laboratory Reagent (LR) and Chemically Pure (CP) are other terms for Lab Grade chemicals. Although lab grade chemicals have a respectable purity, they do not meet any recognized quality or purity requirements. Lab Alley is selling online its premium quality Stoddard Solvent, Lab Grade in the USA. Our Stoddard Solvent, Lab Grade is extremely pure in terms of heavy metal content. For educational/research institutes and industrial purposes, Lab Alley's, Stoddard Solvent, Lab Grade is highly recommended.
- High Quality Laboratory Grade Solvent For Industrial and Personal Uses
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Chemical Substance And Is A Petroleum Mixture
- Stoddard Solvent Is A High Quality Parts Washer, Cleaner And Degreaser That Is Really Good At Removing Grime, Oil, Gunk And Grease From Industrial Parts And Agricultural Equipment
- Often Labeled As Mineral Spirits
- Stoddard Solvent Is Used In Parts Washing Tanks To Clean Automotive Parts And Machine Parts
- Stoddard Solvent Is Highly Effective At Cleaning And Flushing Ferrous And Non-Ferrous Metals And Metal Parts
- You Can Buy Stoddard Solvent From A Supplier Like Lab Alley Online Here
- Stoddard Solvent Viscosity: 0.91 - 0.95 cp @ 25 deg C
- Stoddard Solvent CAS # 8052-41-3
- EPA Registry Name: Stoddard Solvent
- Solubility: Soluble In Water, Ether And Methanol
- Stoddard Solvent SDS: Contact Lab Alley To Request An SDS Or MSDS
- IUPAC Name: 6-bromohexyl acetate
- Stoddard Solvent Toxicity Information From ATSDR
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Colorless, Flammable Liquid
- Stoddard Solvent Is Not EXACTLY The Same As Mineral Spirits But It Is A Type Of Mineral Spirits
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Paint Thinner And General Purpose Industrial Solvent
- Stoddard Solvent Is Used In Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Related Terms Are Dry Cleaning Safety Solvent, Petroleum Solvent, Varnoline
- Registered Trade Names Are Texsolve S® and Varsol 1®
- Smells And Tastes Like Kerosene
- Boiling Range: 154-202°C, | Will Turn Into Vapor At Temperatures Of 150-200°C
- Buy Mineral Spirits, Mineral Turpentines, White Spirits, Petroleum Spirits And Paint Thinners Such As Such As Stoddard Solvent, Varsol And Naphtha Online In United States From LabAlley.com.
What Is Stoddard Solvent Used For?
Stoddard Solvent is a chemical mixture that is similar to white spirits. Stoddard solvent is used as a paint thinner; in some types of photocopier toners, printing inks, and adhesives; as a dry cleaning solvent; and as a general cleaner and degreaser. Stoddard Solvent is a colorless, refined petroleum distillate that is free from rancid or objectionable odors.
White Spirits such as Stoddard Solvent are as an extraction solvent, as a cleaning solvent, as a degreasing solvent and as a solvent in aerosols, paints, wood preservatives, lacquers, varnishes, and asphalt products. In western Europe about 60% of the total white spirit consumption is used in paints, lacquers and varnishes.
White Spirits such are Stoddard Solvent are the most widely used solvent in the paint industry. In households, white spirit is commonly used to clean paint brushes after use, to clean auto parts and tools, as a starter fluid for charcoal grills, to remove adhesive residue from non-porous surfaces, and many other common tasks.
What Is Stoddard Solvent Used For?
Stoddard Solvent is a chemical mixture that is similar to white spirits. Stoddard solvent is used as a paint thinner; in some types of photocopier toners, printing inks, and adhesives; as a dry cleaning solvent; and as a general cleaner and degreaser.
Stoddard solvent is a colorless, flammable liquid that smells and tastes like kerosene. It will turn into a vapor at temperatures of 150-200°C.Stoddard solvent is a petroleum mixture that is also known as dry cleaning safety solvent, petroleum solvent, and varnoline; its registered trade names are Texsolve S® and Varsol 1®. Buy Varsol here. Stoddard Solvent is a chemical mixture that is similar to white spirits. Stoddard solvent is used as a paint thinner; in some types of photocopier toners, printing inks, and adhesives; as a dry cleaning solvent; and as a general cleaner and degreaser.
What Is Stoddard Solvent Made Of?
Stoddard Solvent is a widely used, man-made organic solvent that comes from the refining of crude oil. It is a petroleum mixture made from distilled alkanes, cycloalkanes (naphthenes), and aromatic compounds.
Stoddard Solvent Composition
Stoddard Solvent is a refined petroleum solvent containing >65% C10 or higher hydrocarbons (mineral spirits, 85% nonane & 15% trimethylbenzene). Stoddard Solvent is a refinery blend of differently treated oil fractions. The composition of Stoddard Solvent varies somewhat, depending on the refinery and the time of production.
Who Invented Stoddard Solvent?
A history of fires and explosions in dry cleaning plants was a main reason why American dry cleaner William Joseph Stoddard developed a successful non-gasoline-based solvent in the 1920s. Flammability concerns led William Joseph Stoddard, a dry cleaner from Atlanta, to develop Stoddard solvent (white spirit) as a slightly less flammable alternative to gasoline-based solvents.
Stoddard Solvent, Lab Grade Features:
|Rancid or Objectionable Odor||None Detected|
- Photocopier toners
- Printing inks
- Dry cleaning
- Cleaning agent
- Degreasing agent
Stoddard Solvent Lab Shipping Information:
DOT: Petroleum distillate, n.o.s.(stoddard solvent), 3, UN1268, PG III