Why Buy Benzyl Alcohol NF/FCC Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Benzyl Alcohol NF/FCC Grade
Benzyl Alcohol NF/FCC Grade from Lab Alley meets the requirements of purity grade set by the National Formulary (NF) and standards outlined in the Food Chemicals Codex (a compendium of internationally recognized standards for the identity, purity, and quality of food ingredients).
Benzyl Alcohol NF/FCC Grade is used as a general solvent, in the formulation of inks and lacquers, as a raw material in the manufacture of numerous esters used in the soap, perfume, and flavor industries, and as an intermediate in the synthesis of polypeptides. It is also used extensively as a non-reactive compound, reducing the viscosity and raising the flexibility of epoxy resin coatings. The N.F./F.C.C. grades of benzyl alcohol are used in the pharmaceutical industry in emulsions and ointments and in lotions for the relief of insect bites. In the cosmetics industry, it is used as a preservative in conjunction with parabens and with methylisothiazolinone.
Benzyl alcohol should be handled with the good manufacturing practices of avoidance of contact, adequate ventilation, and cleanliness, usually accorded the handling of solvents or other organic chemical compounds.
Common Uses and Applications
- Inks and lacquers
- Raw material in the flavor and perfume industry
- Synthesis of polypeptides
- Emulsions and ointments
- Insect bites lotions
- Skin care and cosmetics
|Phenylmethanol, Benzenemethanol, Phenylcarbinol, Benzoyl Alcohol, Benzylalcohol, Benzenecarbinol, Hydroxytoluene, Phenylmethyl Alcohol, Alpha-Toluenol|
Benzyl Alcohol NF/FCC Grade Specifications
|Specific Gravity @25°C||1.042-1.047|
|Boiling Point||401°F (205°C)|
|Melting Point||5°F (-15°C)|
Safety and Shipping Information
GRAS Reference Citation 21CFR 172.515.
Please contact Lab Alley to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Benzyl Alcohol.