Why Buy Isopropyl Alcohol 99.8% Lab Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Isopropyl Alcohol 99.8% Lab Grade
Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) at the 99.8% concentration is hydrophobic and evaporates quickly making this concentration ideal for use with products and environments that are sensitive to water and residues. Isopropyl alcohol is a colorless and flammable liquid. Lab grade chemicals are high quality but unlike the ACS/USP grade the exact impurities are unknown making these great for lab and research purposes but not pure enough for food or drug uses.
Examples of when Isopropyl Alcohol 99.8% lab grade is the preferred concentration.
- IPA 99.8% is used extensively in the electronics industry to remove impurities on surfaces during manufacturing.
- IPA 99.8% is used in HPLC, GC, fluorescence, or TLC for characterization and quantification of chemicals.
For products and equipment related to food, cosmetics or pharmaceuticals Isopropyl Alcohol 98.9% ACS/USP grade is preferred.
Common Uses and Applications
- Lab experiments and research
|Isopropanol, 2-propanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, 2-hydroxypropane, Alkolave, Avantine, Hartosol, Dimethylcarbinol, Sec-propyl alcohol, Petrohol|
Isopropyl Alcohol 99.8% Lab Grade Specifications
|Specific Gravity at 25°C||0.783-0.787|
|Specific Gravity at 20°C||0.785-0.788|
|Refractive Index at 20°C||1.367-1.378|
|Acidity or Alkalinity||To Pass Test|
|Appearance||To Pass Test|
|Clarity of Solution||To Pass Test|
|Nonvolatile Residue||20 ppm|
|Benzene and Related Substances||To Pass Test|
|Peroxides||To Pass Test|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Isopropanol, 3, UN1219, PG II
Isopropyl Alcohol Lab Grade 99.8% is hazardous. A Hazmat Fee is required. in 1 Gallon, 4L and 5 Gal. size. Please download Lab Alley's Safety Data Sheet (SDS) on handling lab grade isopropyl alcohol.
Isopropyl alcohol is for sale at LabAlley.com. You can buy 99.8% lab grade, beginning at 500mL to pallets, and bulk isopropyl alcohol 99.8% lab grade. for bulk isopropyl alcohol, please call Lab Alley customer service, 512-668-9918 or email us at, firstname.lastname@example.org. We ship in 1-2 business days in the US and Canada.