Why Buy Isopropyl Alcohol 70% Lab Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Isopropyl Alcohol 70% Lab Grade
Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) at the 70% concentration is the most common concentration sold in stores as rubbing alcohol. This product contains 70% isopropyl alcohol 30% distilled water. The combination of alcohol and water makes this an ideal solution for cleaning against microbial bacteria, fungi, and viruses. The water acts as a catalyst for denaturing proteins and penetrating cell membranes, because of the higher water content it doesn’t vaporize as readily as higher concentrations giving it more time to make contact with the surface. Lab grade chemicals are high quality but unlike the ACS/USP grade the exact impurities are unknown making these great for lab and research purposes but not pure enough for food or drug uses.
Examples of when Isopropyl Alcohol 70% is the preferred concentration.
- IPA 70% is the most effective concentration for cleaning against bacteria, fungi and viruses and it is more effective than 99.8% or 91% IPA.
- IPA 70% is used widely to disinfect surfaces.
Lab Alley also offers Isopropyl Alcohol 70% in the form of wipes or in a spray bottle to make your cleaning and disinfecting as easy as possible.
For electronics, extractions of oils, and additional cosmetic uses Isopropyl Alcohol 70% ACS/USP grade could be the preferred concentration.
Common Uses and Applications
- Anti-bacterial agent
|Isopropanol, 2-propanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, 2-hydroxypropane, Alkolave, Avantine, Hartosol, Dimethylcarbinol, Sec-propyl alcohol, Petrohol|
Isopropyl Alcohol 70% Lab Grade Specifications
|Specific Gravity at 20°C||0.872-0.883|
|Acidity or Alkalinity||To Pass Test|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: Isopropanol, 3, UN1219, PG II
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) 70%, Lab Grade.
If you have questions about ordering isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol) online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email email@example.com to talk with a Isopropyl Alcohol Specialist. Isopropyl Alcohol is shipped to customers in the United States by UPS.