Why Buy Dimethylformamide 99.8% Lab Grade from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Dimethylformamide 99.8% Lab Grade
Dimethylformamide (IUPAC name N,N-dimethylfomamide) is structurally the same as formamide but with two methyl groups replacing the two hydrogens. It is a clear and odorless liquid, with widespread use as a solvent.
The primary use of DMF purchased from Lab Alley is as a solvent with low evaporation rate. DMF is used in the production of acrylic fibers and plastics. It is also used as a solvent in peptide coupling for pharmaceuticals, in the development and production of pesticides, and in the manufacture of adhesives, synthetic leathers, fibers, films, and surface coatings.
Lab Grade is also known as Laboratory Reagent (LR) and Chemically Pure (CP). Lab grade chemicals possess reasonable purity but do not comply with any official standards for quality or purity. Lab Alley highly recommends its Dimethylformamide, Lab Grade, 99.8% for educational/research institutes and industrial applications..
Common Uses and Applications
- Peptide-coupling in pharmaceuticals
- Pesticide production
- Organic synthesis
- Solid-phase peptide synthesis
- NMR spectroscopy standard
- Fibers and synthetic leathers
|Dimethylformamide, N,N-Dimethylmethanamide, Dimethyl formamide, N-Formyldimethylamine, DMF|
Dimethylformamide 99.8% Lab Grade Specifications
|Residue after Evaporation||0.005%|
|Titrable Base||0.003 meq/g|
|Titrable Acid||0.0005 meq/g|
Safety and Shipping Information
DOT: N,N-Dimethylformamide, 3, UN2265, PG III