|Brilliant Blue FCF, Acid Blue 9, Brilliant Blue, FD&C Blue No. 1, Erioglaucine disodium salt, Blue 1206, Alphazurine FG|
|Brilliant Blue FCF|
FD&C Blue#1 Dye, also known as Acid Blue 9, Brilliant Blue FCF, and Disodium Eriglaucine has the chemical formula C37H34N2Na2O9S3. It appears as an odorless, blue to dark violet crystalline powder and is soluble in Water at ambient conditions. Lab Alley’s FD&C Blue#1 Dye is 100% pure and is an organic synthetic compound used in processing foods and dietary supplements. An FCC Grade chemical is the one that conforms to the criteria of the Food Chemicals Codex (FCC). A substance that has received the FCC Grade can be used in food, drug, or medical applications. The FCC has verified Lab Alley's high-quality Red Dye #17 FD&C, FCC Grade for purity. Lab Alley is selling its premium quality Red Dye# 17, FCC Grade online at laballey.com in the United States of America (USA).
FD&C Blue #1 | Blue Food Dye | Brilliant Blue FCF | Blue 1 | Acid Blue 9 | FD&C Blue No. 1Powder
Buy Brilliant Blue FCF | FD&C Blue #1 For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
- Brilliant Blue FCF (FD&C Blue #1) Is Shipped Via UPS And FedEx In The United States
- Brilliant Blue FCF MSDS: Contact LabAlley.com by email or call 512-668-9918 for Brilliant Blue FCF MSDS.
Brilliant Blue FCF (Blue 1) is a synthetic organic compound used primarily as a blue colorant for processed foods, medications, dietary supplements, and cosmetics. It is classified as a triarylmethane dye and is known under various names, such as FD&C Blue No. 1 or Acid Blue 9. It is denoted by E number E133 and has a color index of 42090. It has the appearance of a blue powder and is soluble in water and glycerol, with a maximum absorption at about 628 nanometers. It is one of the oldest FDA-approved color additives and is generally considered nontoxic and safe. Read more here.
- Brilliant Blue FCF (FD&C Blue #1) Formula: C37H34N2Na2O9S3
- Brilliant Blue FCF (FD&C Blue #1) Molar Mass: 792.85 g/mol
- Acid Blue 9 (Brilliant Blue FCF) CAS Registry Number: 3844-45-9
- Brilliant Blue FCF Properties, Vendors, Structure, Spectra, Vendors And ChemSpider ID: 18556
- FD&C Blue 1 Density
- NFPA 704 (fire diamond): 1 2 0
- Brilliant Blue FCF Solubility In Water: Soluble
- Brilliant Blue FCF Classification: Organic Compound
- Brilliant Blue FCF PubChem CID: 19700
- FD&C Blue 1 Safety And Hazards
- What Is Blue 1 Made Of? Blue No. 1 is called "brilliant blue" and, as is typical of modern dyes, was originally derived from coal tar, although most manufacturers now make it from an oil base. Blue No. 2, or "indigotine," on the other hand, is a synthetic version of the plant-based indigo that has a long history as a textile dye. Read more here.
- Is FD&C Blue 1 Safe? FDA has regulatory review for color additives used in foods, drugs, cosmetics, and medical devices. FD&C Blue No. 1, also known as Brillant Blue FCF ("for coloring food"), is a water-soluble artificial blue dye allowed by the FDA for use in foods, drugs and cosmetics. FD&C Blue No. 1 is widely used in food products (candies, confections, beverages, etc.) and there have been no reports of toxicity associated with this general food use. In September of 2003, the FDA issued a Public Health Advisory to alert healthcare providers of toxicity associated with the use of FD&C Blue No. 1 in enteral feeding solutions. Toxicity, including death, has been reported only in association with FD&C Blue No. 1 tinting of enteral feedings, intended as a means of visually detecting pulmonary aspiration, although causality has not been established. Read more here.
- FD&C Blue 1 Side Effects
- FD&C Blue # 1 Aluminum Lake: 1 Aluminum Lake Batch Certified is a FDA-approved color commonly used to dye dosage forms such as tablets and capsules. FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake is approved for use in foods, drugs and cosmetics. FD&C colors are the colors certified by the FDA for safe use according to specifications. Read more here.
- Blue 1 Food Dye: Blue colorant for processed foods, medications, dietary supplements, and cosmetics.
- Biological stain
- Laboratory applications
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for FD&C #1 Dye (Acid Blue 9).