Formic Acid 88% ACS Grade
Formic Acid, also known as Methanoic Acid is a primary organic acid of the Carboxylic Acid family. The high acidity level and reducing nature of this compound, makes it different from other carboxylic acids. The name "Formic" is derived from the Latin word for ant, Formica, and refers to its early separation by ant body’s distillation. Lab Alley's Formic Acid, ACS Grade, 88% fully complies with the standards set by the American Chemical Society (ACS) due to its excellent purity. Lab Alley is selling its premium quality Formic Acid, ACS Grade, 88% in the United States of America (USA) and it is highly recommended for analytical and industrial applications.
- Formic Acid Formula: CH202
- Formic Acid Molar Mass: 46.025
- Formic Acid pKa: pKa = 3.75 at 20 °C.
- Formic Acid IUPAC ID: Formic Acid
- Formic Acid Density: 1.220 g/mL
- Formic Acid Boiling Point: 100.8 °C
- Formic Acid Melting Point: 8.4 °C
- Formic Acid | HCOOH | PubChem
- Formic Acid CAS Registry Number: 64-18-6
- Formic Acid Structure
- Formic Acid pH: A 0.10M solution of formic acid, HCOOH, has a pH = 2.38 at 25oC.
- Formic Acid Uses and Manufacturing on PubChem
- Formic Acid Properties, Structure, Spectra, Vendor, Suppliers And ChemSpider ID: 278
- Formic Acid Information on Wikipedia
- Formic Acid With NaOH
- Formic Acid With H2SO4
- Formic Acid With Mercuric Chloride
- Formic Acid With Sulfuric Acid
- Formic Acid With KMnO₄
- Formic Acid With Tollen's Reagent
- Formic Acid With Potassium Hydroxide
- Formic Acid Toxicity
- Formic Acid Safety and Hazards Information
- Formic Acid Uses: Protects Bees From Parasites, For Warts, Preservative in Livestock Feed, Processing Textiles and Leather, Applications in Feed Silos, Oil Wells and Alternative Energy, Production of Food and Cosmetic Additives, Antibacterial Agent
Formic Acid, ACS Grade, 88% Features:
|Dilution Test||To Pass Test|
|Residue after Evaporation||0.002%|
|Sulfite||To Pass Test|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||5 ppm|
- Reducing agent
- Dyeing and tanning industries
- Antibacterial agent
- Livestock feed
Formic Acid 88% ACS Shipping Information:
DOT: Formic acid, 8, UN1779, PG II, Hazmat Fee Required
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Formic Acid 88% ACS.
You May Also Like
Good for rear seal wash
The recipe for my UHPLC’s rear seal wish system requires 0.2% formic acid. This product is highly cost effective for that purpose and saves my more expensive LCMS grade formic acid for actual chromatography use.