|Methanoic acid, Formylic acid, Aminic acid, Bilorin, Hydrogen carboxylic acid, Formisoton, Myrmicyl|
Formic Acid, Lab Grade is a primary carboxylic acid having only one carbon atom. It's a key reagent in organic reactions and is naturally found in bee and ant venom. The name "Formic" is derived from the Latin word for ant, Formica, and refers to its early separation by ant body distillation. Formic acid appears as a colorless liquid with a pungent odor at room temperature. Lab grade chemicals possess reasonable purity but do not comply with any official standards for quality or purity. The Formic Acid, Lab Grade of Lab Alley is ideal for educational and research applications.
- Formic Acid Formula: CH202
- Formic Acid Molar Mass: 46.025
- Formic Acid pKa: pKa = 3.75 at 20 °C.
- Formic Acid IUPAC ID: Formic Acid
- Formic Acid Density: 1.220 g/mL
- Formic Acid Boiling Point: 100.8 °C
- Formic Acid Melting Point: 8.4 °C
- Formic Acid | HCOOH | PubChem
- Formic Acid CAS Registry Number: 64-18-6
- Formic Acid Structure
- Formic Acid pH: A 0.10M solution of formic acid, HCOOH, has a pH = 2.38 at 25oC.
- Formic Acid Uses and Manufacturing on PubChem
- Formic Acid Properties, Structure, Spectra, Vendor, Suppliers And ChemSpider ID: 278
- Formic Acid Information on Wikipedia
- Formic Acid With NaOH
- Formic Acid With H2SO4
- Formic Acid With Mercuric Chloride
- Formic Acid With Sulfuric Acid
- Formic Acid With KMnO₄
- Formic Acid With Tollen's Reagent
- Formic Acid With Potassium Hydroxide
- Formic Acid Toxicity
- Formic Acid Safety and Hazards Information
- Formic Acid Uses: Protects Bees From Parasites, For Warts, Preservative in Livestock Feed, Processing Textiles and Leather, Applications in Feed Silos, Oil Wells and Alternative Energy, Production of Food and Cosmetic Additives, Antibacterial Agent
Formic Acid, Lab Grade, 90% Features:
|Dilution Test||To Pass Test|
|Residue after Evaporation||0.002%|
|Sulfite||To Pass Test|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||5 ppm|
- Tanning industries
- Latex manufacturing
Formic Acid ≥90% | High Purity Lab Grade | Shipping Information:
DOT: Formic acid, 8, UN1779, PG II, Hazmat Fee Required
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS/MSDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Formic Acid 90%.
- Opens in a new window.