Sodium Dichromate Crystal | High Purity (99%) Laboratory Grade | Oxidizing Agent | For Passivation, Plating And Galvanizing
Laboratory Grade Sodium Dichromate Crystal For Sale In Bulk Online At LabAlley.com
- Buy 100 Grams Of Lab Grade Sodium Dichromate Crystal
- Buy 500 Grams Of Lab Grade Sodium Dichromate Crystal
- Buy 2.5 Kilograms Of Lab Grade Sodium Dichromate Crystal
- Buy High Purity ACS Grade Sodium Dichromate Crystal Online At LabAlley.com
About Sodium Dichromate
Sodium dichromate is the inorganic compound with the formula Na2Cr2O7. Usually, however, the salt is handled as its dihydrate Na2Cr2O7·2H2O. Virtually all chromium ore is processed via conversion to sodium dichromate and virtually all compounds and materials based on chromium are prepared from this salt. In terms of reactivity and appearance, sodium dichromate and potassium dichromate are very similar. The sodium salt is, however, around twenty times more soluble in water than the potassium salt (49 g/L at 0 °C) and its equivalent weight is also lower, which is often desirable.
- Sodium Dichromate Formula: Na2Cr2O7
- Sodium Dichromate Molar Mass: 261.97 g/mol
- Sodium Dichromate Solubility in other solvents: soluble in methanol, ethanol
- Sodium Dichromate UN Number: 3288
- Other cations: Potassium dichromate; Ammonium dichromate
- Sodium Dichromate Solubility In Water: 73 g/100 mL at 25 °C
Sodium Dichromate may cause an asthma-like allergy. Future exposure can cause asthma attacks with shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, and/or chest tightness. ulcers. Sodium Dichromate may damage the liver and kidneys.
Sodium Dichromate is a chemical used as passivation. This chemical is used at the end of galvanizing process whereby it is used in quenching tank. Galvanized steel can form white rust whereby water (H2O) and zinc reacts quickly to form zinc hydroxide, a bulky white and relatively unstable oxide of zinc.
CAS Number: 7789-12-0
Molecular Formula: Na2Cr2O7-2H2O
Formula Weight: 298.00
Sodium Dichromate Crystal, Lab Specifications:
Assay (Na2Cr2O7-2H2O): Min. 99%
Sodium Dichromate Crystal, Lab Shipping Information:
DOT: Toxic solid, Inorganic, n.o.s. (sodium dichromate), 6.1, UN3288, PG III
Important: This product will only be shipped to Schools, Universities, Laboratories, or Companies. If you are an individual ordering this product, it will not be shipped to you. It will be deleted from your order and the rest of the order will be shipped without your confirmation. A Statement of Use if required for purchase.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Sodium Dichromate Crystal, Lab.