Palmitic Acid Lab Grade
|Hexadecanoic acid, Cetylic acid, Palmitate, n-Hexadecanoic acid, Hexadecylic acid, Hydrofol, Palmitinic acid|
Palmitic Acid, also known as Hexadecanoic Acid, Cetylic Acid, and Palmitate has the chemical formula C16H32O2. It appears as colorless to white or faintly yellowish crystalline solid with a slight characteristic odor and taste. It is insoluble in Water and soluble in Ethanol and Acetone at ambient conditions. Lab Alley’s Palmitic Acid is highly pure and contains >95% by weight of Palmitic Acid. Chemically pure or Laboratory reagents are two terms often used to describe Lab Grade chemicals. Lab Grade chemicals do not meet any accepted quality or purity requirements such as the ACS Grade, the USP Grade, and the FCC Grade, despite their acceptable purity. In the United States of America (USA), Lab Alley is selling its high- quality Palmitic Acid, Lab Grade online at laballey.com. Due to its high purity, Palmitic Acid, Lab Grade is highly recommended for laboratory purposes.
Palmitic Acid | 100 Gram (3.5 oz) & 500 Gram Packages | "Hexadecanoic Acid" | For Soap, Hair, Skin, Face, Acne, Cosmetics, Personal Care Products, Cell Culture, Animal Feed | Saturated Fatty Acid | CAS # 57-10-3 | Formula C16H32O2
Palmitic acid, or hexadecanoic acid in IUPAC nomenclature, is the most common saturated fatty acid found in animals, plants and microorganisms. Its chemical formula is CH3(CH2)14COOH, and its C:D is 16:0. As its name indicates, it is a major component of the oil from the fruit of oil palms (palm oil). Palmitic acid can also be found in meats, cheeses, butter, and other dairy products. Palmitates are the salts and esters of palmitic acid. The palmitate anion is the observed form of palmitic acid at physiologic pH (7.4). Aluminium salts of palmitic acid and naphthenic acid were combined during World War II to produce napalm. The word "napalm" is derived from the words naphthenic acid and palmitic acid. Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid Formula: C16H32O2
- Palmitic Acid CAS Registry Number: 57-10-3
- Palmitic Acid Melting Point: 145.2°F (62.9°C)
- Palmitic Acid Molar Mass: 256.43 g/mol
- Palmitic Acid Index of Refraction: 1.454
- Palmitic Acid Solubility in methyl acetate: 7.81 g/100 g
- Palmitic Acid Solubility in ethyl acetate: 10.7 g/100 g
- Palmitic AcidHeat capacity (C): 463.36 J/mol·K
- Palmitic Acid PubChem CID: 985
- Palmitic Acid Safety And Hazards
- Palmitic Acid Properties, Spectra, Structure, Vendors And ChemSpider ID 960
- Palmitic Acid Foods: Palmitic acid is a saturated fat. It's naturally found in some animal products like meat and dairy, as well as in palm and coconut oils. Because these two oils are frequently used in processed foods, you might be getting palmitic acid in your diet without even realizing it. Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid For Acne
- Palmitic Acid For Cell Culture: Historically, palmitic acid has been provided to cells in culture as a component of serum, albumin complex or esterified to molecules such as cholesterol. Palmitic acid is poorly soluble in aqueous media, but it is non-susceptible to peroxidation. Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid Food Grade Flavor Ingredient
- Palmitic Acid For Hair: It is primarily found in the oil of palm trees and often used in detergents, soaps, and cleaning products as a surfactant. The softening properties of palmitic acid are great for spreadability to soften the hair's surface without a greasy or tacky feeling. Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid For Oily Skin: As a fatty acid, palmitic acid can act as an emollient. When applied to the skin by lotions, creams or bath oils, emollients can soften the skin and help it retain moisture by forming an oily, water blocking layer that slows the loss of water through the skin. Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid For Animal Feed
- Palmitic Acid In Cosmetics
- Palmitic Acid For Face: Palmitic acid can act as an emollient, softening the skin and help retain moisture by forming an occlusive layer. Palmitic acid helps to combine the water and oil phase of the formulation, enabling the formation of a cream, lotion or any liquid cosmetic. Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid For Skin: In cosmetics and personal care products, palmitic acid functions as a surfactant, emulsifier, opacifying agent, and emollient. Palmitic acid is often found in moisturizers due to its function as an emollient. Emollients help to soften and soothe the skin, while also acting as occlusive agents. Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid Synthesis: FA synthesis starts with citrate conversion to acetyl-CoA and then malonyl-CoA, which is then elongated to form palmitate and other FA. Key enzymes in this process are acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC), which catalyzes the DNL limiting step reaction, and the FA synthase (FAS). Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid Palm Oil
- Palmitic Acid Oxidation: Oxidation of of palmitic acid yields 7 NADH + 7 FADH2 + 8 acetyl-CoA in 7 cycles of mitochondrial beta oxidation. Read more here.
- Palmitic Acid Uses: As an emollient or moisturizer in skin care products, for production of soaps, cosmetics, and industrial mold release agents. Palmitic acid is an important commercial chemical. It is used to make soaps, lubricating oils, waterproofing materials, food additives and to make other chemicals.
Palmitic Acid is a saturated long-chain fatty acid with a 16-carbon backbone. Palmitic acid is found naturally in palm oil and palm kernel oil, as well as in butter, cheese, milk and meat. Hexadecanoic acid is a straight-chain, sixteen-carbon, saturated long-chain fatty acid. It has a role as an EC 184.108.40.206 (prostaglandin-E2 9-reductase) inhibitor, a plant metabolite, a Daphnia magna metabolite and an algal metabolite. It is a long-chain fatty acid and a straight-chain saturated fatty acid. It is a conjugate acid of a hexadecanoate. Read more here.
What is palmitic acid good for?
Palmitic acid is one of several fatty acids used in skincare as an emollient or moisturizer. However, detergents, soaps and cleaning products may use it as a cleansing agent or an emulsifying agent. Palmitic acid is one of the most common saturated fatty acids in our body lipids. Read more here.
- Chemical synthesis
- Cleansing agent
- Laboratory applications
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Palmitic Acid.
You can buy Palmitic Acid Lab Grade for $22 online, locally or call 512-668-9918 to order bulk sizes. Your packages will be shipped in 1-2 business days via UPS or LTL. Lab Alley Brand Palmitic Acid Lab Grade is for sale in bulk sizes and is in stock. Handy individual consumer size containers for DIY projects are leak resistant. This high quality compound is made in America. It is a high purity chemical substance that is ideally suited for scientific, development, analytical, clinical, medical, research and testing applications. Palmitic Acid Lab Grade is delivered quickly to laboratories, factories and businesses in safe chemical resistant containers.
Manufacturing size drums, IBC totes, pallet loads and bulk industrial production scale quantities are shipped from Lab Alley's U.S.-based distribution centers by LTL freight carriers. Request a discounted wholesale price quote, here. Read customer and product reviews, here. Read return and refund policies, here. Lab Alley, founded in 2013, is a reliable Palmitic Acid Lab Grade supplier and distributor headquartered near Austin, Texas. Lab Alley was a 2021 Inc. 5000 honoree. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about buying Palmitic Acid Lab Grade.
The chemical formula for Palmitic Acid Lab Grade is C16H32O2, the CAS Registry Number is 57-10-3, the PubChem CID is 985 . Download the Palmitic Acid Lab Grade MSDS/SDS to get safety tips and health hazard information. Palmitic Acid Lab Grade should be carefully handled, stored in a cool dry place and chemical waste should be disposed of properly and safely.
Palmitic Acid Lab Grade Retail Prices, Package Sizes And Bulk Quantity Ordering Options: 100g $22, 500g $72.
You May Also Like
Don't Miss Out
Receive updates, events, products and promotions by subscribing to us.