CAS 64-17-5 Molecular Formula C2H5OH Formula Weight 46.07 Percent Purity 95% Grade FCC Grade UN Number 1170 Description Organic Ethanol 190 Proof is made from sugarcane that has been grown in organic farms without using any pesticides or chemicals and processed in specific dist...Prices and Availability
CAS 64-17-5 Molecular Formula C2H5OH Formula Weight 46.07 Percent Purity 95% UN Number 1170 Description Lab Alley’s Ethanol 190 Proof (95%) contains 92.5% contents of Ethanol in 7.5% contents of purified Water. It appears as a clear liquid and possesses a sweet/alcohol-like odo...Prices and Availability
100%, 95% & 70% Alcohol For Sale | Pure Ethanol/ Ethyl Alcohol | "Grain Alcohol" | USP/Food Grade | Non-Denatured & Denatured | Antiviral Ingredient For Sprays, Wipes, Cleaning, Disinfection, Sterilization, Sanitation, Solvent Extraction
Buy 70%, 95% And 100% Alcohol (Ethanol) Online
- Order Food Grade Alcohol (Ethanol) Here
- Order Organic Cane Alcohol Here
Buy Ethanol (C2H5OH) Online Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
If you have questions about ordering ethanol, antiviral alcohol or laboratory supplies online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with an Ethanol Specialist.
If you are wondering, denatured alcohol and denatured alcohol fuel are the same thing. Denatured alcohol sold at LabAlley.com is used as a cleaner, disinfectant and as a fuel for camp stoves and alcohol burners.
- Download Ethanol Safety Data Sheets (SDS/MSDS) Here
- Buy Ethanol Online At LabAlley.com/Collections/Ethanol
- Ethanol Density: 789 kg/m³
- Ethanol Formula: C2H5OH
- Ethanol Solubility: Soluble In Water, Hexane, Chloroform, Water, Hexane, Diethyl Ether, Ethyl Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH), Kerosene, Gasoline (Petrol), Carbon Tetrachloride (Tetrachloromethane/CCl4) And Heptane
- Solvent Miscibility Table
- Ethanol Miscibility: Completely Miscible
- Ethanol Structure: AKA Ethyl Alcohol, Abbreviated As EtOH, Ethanol Has One Methyl (-CH3) Group, One Methylene (-CH2-) Group And One Hydroxyl (-OH) Group
- Ethanol Boiling Point: 173.1°F (78.37°C)
- Ethanol Melting Point: -173.5°F (-114.1°C)
- Ethanol CAS Registry Number: 64-17-5
- Molar Mass: 46.07 g/mol
- Boiling Point: 173.1°F (78.37°C)
- IUPAC ID: Ethanol
- Ethanol ChemSpider ID: 682
- Ethanol PubChem CID: 702
- Ethanol Chemical Formula: C2H5OH | Can Be Written As CH3CH2OH
- Pka: Ethanol's pKa Value Is About 15.9
- Wikipedia Description Of Ethanol: Ethanol is a chemical compound and a simple alcohol. It is a volatile, flammable, colorless liquid with a slight characteristic odor.
- PubChem Description Of Ethanol: Ethanol is a clear, colorless liquid rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and distributed throughout the body. It has bactericidal activity and is used often as a topical disinfectant. It is widely used as a solvent and preservative in pharmaceutical preparations as well as serving as the primary ingredient in alcoholic beverages. Indeed, ethanol has widespread use as a solvent of substances intended for human contact or consumption, including scents, flavorings, colorings, and medicines.
The Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) is a compendium of internationally recognized standards for the identity, purity, and quality of food ingredients. FCC standards are recognized around the world by regulatory agencies, food processors, and ingredient suppliers as the basis for defining "food grade" ingredients.
- Food Grade Ethanol
- Ethanol 200 Proof
- Pure Absolute Ethanol (Undenatured)
- Extraction Grade Ethanol
- Denatured Ethanol
- Bulk Ethanol In 5 & 55 Gallon Drums
- 100% Ethyl Alcohol
- Ethanol 190 Proof
- Lab Grade Ethanol
- Medical Grade Ethanol
- 95% Ethyl Alcohol
- Ethanol 140 Proof
- Reagent ACS-USP Grade Ethanol
- Specially Denatured Ethanol (SDA 3A)
- Lab Grade Ethanol
- Tincture Grade Alcohol
- Buy 1 Pint Of Denatured Isopropyl Alcohol
ORDER FOOD GRADE ETHANOL ONLINE200 PROOF ETHANOL BY QUANTITY OR VOLUME | PURE | NON-DENATURED | 100% ETHYL ALCOHOL | ABSOLUTE ALCOHOL | FAST SHIPPING IN THE USA | BUY MEDICAL GRADE ETHANOL | BUY LAB GRADE ETHANOL
- Buy A 1 Pint Bottle Of Food Grade Ethanol
- Buy A 1 Gallon Bottle Of Food Grade Ethanol
- Buy A Case Of 4 Bottles - 1 Gallon Bottles
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail of Food Grade Ethanol
- Buy A 55 Gallon Drum Of Food Grade Ethanol
- Buy Extraction Grade Ethanol
- Buy 1 Pint Of Extraction Grade Ethanol
- Buy 1 Gallon Of Extraction Grade Ethanol
- Buy A Case Of 4 Bottles - 1 Gallon Bottles
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail Of Extraction Grade
- Buy A 55 Gallon Drum Of Ethanol For Botanical Extraction
- Buy High Proof Alcohol For Herbal Tinctures And Extracts
- Buy Low Solvent Concentrations Of Alcohol For Botanical Oil Infusions And Medicinal Tincture Production
- Ethanol 1 Pint
- Ethanol 1 Liter
- Ethanol 1 Gallon
- Ethanol 4 Liters
- Ethanol 4x1 Gallon
- Ethanol 20 Liters
- Ethanol 55 Gallon Drum
Additional Hazmat Fee Required On Order Of 4 And 20 Liter Units.
190 Proof (95%) Specially Denatured Alcohol (SDA) For Sale
- Buy A 500mL Bottle
- 1 Liter Bottle
- 2.5 Liter Bottle
- 1 Gallon Bottle
- Case Of 4 One Gallon Bottles
- 4 Liter Bottle
- 20 Liter Unit
- 200 Liter Unit
Additional Hazmat Fee Required On Order
Buy 140 Proof (70%) Specially Denatured Alcohol (SDA)
Additional Hazmat Fee Required On Order
Buy High Purity Denatured Ethanol (95%) Blended With Heptane (4.5%) And Water (0.5%)
No federal excise tax is charged. HAZMAT fee is required.
- 1 Gallon
- Case Of 4 Bottles - 1 Gallon Bottles
- 5 Gallon Pail
- Bulk 55 Gallon Drum
- Bulk 270 Gallon Tote
Buy High Purity Ethanol (95%) Denatured With Hexane (4.5%) And Water (0.5%)
No federal excise tax is charged. HAZMAT fee is required.
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail Of Ethanol Denatured With Hexane
- Buy A Bulk 55 Gallon Drum Of Ethanol Denatured With Hexane
- Buy A 270 Gallon Tote Of Ethanol Denatured With Hexane
Buy Ethanol Online At LabAlley.com/Collections/Ethanol
- Buy ethanol extraction supplies, ethanol extraction equipment, ethanol extraction machines, ethanol extraction centrifuges, ethanol extraction filters, ethanol extraction products and ethanol extraction vessels here.
- Review information on ethanol chemical properties, ethanol extraction uses, ethanol solubility, ethanol miscibility and ethanol hazards here.
- Ethanol (Ethyl Alcohol) Formula, Uses, Solubility, Miscibility, Hazards, Density, Structure, Chemical Properties, Melting Point, Boiling Point, Hazards And CAS Registry Number
Shop Online For Alcohol, Ethyl Alcohol And Ethanol Online At LabAlley.com
This Is Where You Buy Ethanol For Sale Online In The U.S. | Buy 1 Pint Of Denatured Alcohol | Lab Grade Ethanol | Medical Grade Ethanol | For Sale To Labs, Homes And Manufacturing Businesses | Tax Free Ethanol | Buy Food Grade Ethanol In Bulk | Order Pure 100% Ethyl Alcohol Online | No Permit Required | For Laboratories | For Food And Beverage Manufacturing | MSDS | SDA | ACS | USP | Wholesale | For Laboratories | For Medical And Science Institutions | For Perfumes And Tinctures | Commercially Available | Ethanol For Science And Chemistry
Overview Of Extraction Grade Ethanol Products Sold In The USA
Today, in 2019,food grade ethanol (pure non-denatured 200 proof ethanol) is gaining popularity, hailed as the safest and most effective solvent for extracting a full-spectrum concentrate intended for medicinal and recreational use. The terms "botaniacal extraction" and "botaniacal processing" are often used interchangeably. The "Four Pillars Of Quality Botaniacal Extraction" involve cultivation, analytics, extraction and biochemistry. Lab Alley ethanol products sold in the USA are perfect for the extraction pillar in the equation. The extraction process converts target molecules in raw material into a usable product. Using ethanol as a solvent is very popular in the herbal and processing industry because it is relatively safe for edibles and oils that people consume every day.
Lab Alley sells organic solvents, organic chemicals, green solvents, bio-based solvent formulations, organic compounds, food grade solvents, natural solvents and bio solvents in bulk in the United States.
Choose Between Two Types Of Extraction Grade Ethanol
Food Grade Ethanol For Extraction
Food grade ethanol is pure 100% ethyl alcohol. It is 200 proof. It is non-denatured. It is an essential chemical compound used in many plant processing facilities in the United States in 2019. Food grade ethanol is very safe, when properly used, for Botanical extraction and processing. It is approved for use in food and beverage processing facilities. Excise tax and HAZMAT fees may apply to these products.
Excise Tax Free High Purity Ethanol (Blended and Denatured)
The High Purity Ethanol Blend sold here by Lab Alley has one slight advantage over food grade ethanol. Although some botaniacal processors prefer to use food grade ethanol for use with more optimally efficient processing equipment, others prefer the high purity blend. Companies that want save money by avoiding paying excise tax fees buy a denatured high purity blend of ethanol that is also safe for extraction purposes. Both types of extraction grade ethanol (200 proof and Blended) have different advantages and slight disadvantages related to price and quality. There are two blended versions, one with Hexane and one with Heptane. Specially Denatured Alcohols (SDA 2B-5 and SDA 2B-4) are denatured with N-Hexane and N-Heptane. Both are non-polar solvents used to denature 100% ethyl alcohol.
Fast Shipping In The USA
100% Ethyl Alcohol is sold in the USA by Lab Alley online here. Food Grade Ethanol and High Purity Denatured Ethanol normally ship the next business day after you place an order over the phone at (440-653-8151) or online here. No permit is required to buy ethanol for extraction.
THIS IS WHERE YOU BUY ETHANOL BY GRADE, PROOF OR APPLICATION
Where You Order Food Grade (FCC) Ethanol
FCC grade meets the requirements of the Food Chemical Codex. This grade of ethanol is suitable for all food, beverage and nutritional supplement applications.
Where You Buy Ethanol For Botanical Extraction
Order extraction grade ethanol and food grade ethanol for botanical extraction from Lab Alley. For extraction facilities that process food, beverages and plant materials.
- Buy Ethanol For Botanical Extraction
- Buy Ethanol For Botanical Processing Facilities
- Where You Buy Denatured Ethanol
- Where You Buy Extraction Grade Ethanol
What Is Tax Free Alcohol?
You do not have to pay excise tax on denatured alcohol. Denatured ethanol products do not require the payment of a Federal Excise Tax. You can buy tax free denatured alcohol from Lab Alley in the United States. Tax-free alcohol is non-denatured alcohol used for non-beverage purposes in scientific research and medicinal uses by educational organizations, hospitals, laboratories, etc. The use of alcohol free of tax is regulated to prevent illegal diversion to taxable beverage use. If you want to obtain an ethyl alcohol permit or download the application for an industrial alcohol user permit from the TTB, click here. For more information on denatured alcohol tax, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, TTB tax, TBB liquor and the excise tax on ethanol, click here.
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) Phone Numbers | Ethyl Alcohol and SDA Permits | Nonbeverage Drawback Alcohol/Pure Alcohol | Contact Info
If you have questions about industrial alcohol regulations, call the Regulations and Rulings Division of the Alcohol And Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau in Washington, DC at 202-453-2265. If you have questions about non-beverage drawback alcohol formulas and specially denatured alcohol, contact the Scientific Services Division in Ammendale, MD at 240-264-1594. Nonbeverage drawback alcohol is pure alcohol, the same as that used for consumption. However, when a manufacturer uses that alcohol in the production of a food, flavor, medicine or perfume that is approved by the Nonbeverage Products Laboratory as unfit for beverage purposes, he or she can claim a return on most of the distilled spirits excise tax paid. Click here for more contact information.
Specially Denatured Alcohol (SDA) Information From Nonbeverage Products Laboratory
SDA is alcohol to which denaturing materials have been added. Title 27 Code of Federal Regulations part 21 lists all the SDA formulas authorized by TTB. Manufacturers may use SDA in the manufacture of any product that is not intended for consumption. Generally, SDA is used in cosmetic products but its use extends to pharmaceuticals, chemical manufacturing, and products where SDA is the solvent or reactant.
Process for Using SDA
- Obtain a permit from the National Revenue Center to purchase SDA from a distilled spirits plant.
- Complete a formula application, TTB Form 5150.19, Formula and/or Process for Article Made with Specially Denatured Spirits.
Submit completed form to:
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Nonbeverage Products Laboratory
6000 Ammendale Road
Beltsville, MD 20705-1250
- Approval process takes approximately three weeks.
- The formula must be approved prior to manufacture.
- Direct any technical questions to 240-264-1588.
Types Of Tax Free Ethanol (Alcohol) Sold By Lab Alley In The USA
Buy Extraction Grade Ethanol For Sale >
Buy Extraction Grade (Food Grade) Ethanol For Sale In The USA | Tax Free | Next Day Shipping | No Permit Required | Extraction grade ethanol, also called food grade ethanol, is suitable for extraction facilities that process food, beverage, tinctures, herbs, supplements and plant materials.
Learn how to buy ethanol for botanical extraction in America. A breakthrough alternative that avoids excise tax has been developed in Colorado. It is a solution comprised of 95% ethanol and 4.5% n-heptane – an equally effective solvent that is legally sanctioned in Colorado’s laws- after which many states have since modeled their legal structure.
Because n-heptane is unsafe for human consumption, this solution addresses two big problems:
- An ethanol and n-heptane solution cannot be safety consumed by a human being, and therefore is not subject to the federal excise taxes that are notoriously high.
- N-heptane has a similar solubility parameter to ethanol, and only a slightly higher boiling point than ethanol (ethanol’s boiling point is 78.37C, where n-heptane’s is 98.42C), making it an easy addition to the extraction process requiring very few adjustments.
Companies using extraction grade ethanol report only slight changes to their extraction methods and processes. Regardless, it is crucial to put products produced with unfamiliar procedures through vigorous analytical testing to ensure the product remains safe for market consumption. While pure n-heptane is a legal solvent under many state laws, it is not a food grade chemical, meaning it must be completely purged from final products, and of course, cannot be used in tinctures for edible manufacturing. You can buy tax-free 55 gallon drums of this ethanol solution in our shop.
WHAT IS "PURE ETHANOL"?
Pure ethanol is "Non-Denatured". It is the highest form of ethanol. It is also called "undenatured", "Everclear", "Pure Grain Alcohol", "100% Alcohol", "200 Proof", "Absolute Ethanol", "Food Grade Ethanol", "Extraction Grade Ethanol", and "Drinking Alcohol". No chemicals or poisons are added to pure ethanol. Most "pure ethanol" sold is 200 proof. However, Lab Alley also sells "pure 190 proof ethanol". In the case of pure 190 proof ethanol, water rather than poisons are added, so 190 proof ethanol can also be classified as "pure ethanol", "pure ethyl alcohol"or "pure alcohol". Denatured ethanol is not considered to be pure because it contains harmful additives. Prices for denatured ethanol, which is not "pure", start at 19.90. You can buy 1 pint, 1 gallon, 5 gallons and 55 gallons of pure ethanol here. You don't have to look for a supplier of ethanol near you. You can buy it online here.
Uses Of Pure Ethanol
Pure ethanol is a grade or classification of ethanol that is suitable for all food, beverage, medicinal and nutritional supplement applications in which the product, or derivatives of the product, come into contact with humans. It is commonly used to extract components, flavor molecules, and essential oils from plants. It is used as a solvent in labs. The pure ethanol sold by Lab Alley is not used for fuel. In 2015, the USA became the world's largest producer of ethanol fuel. You should not drink pure ethanol, unless it is substantially diluted, because you will experience harmful effects. Lab Alley primarily sells pure ethanol to industrial and manufacturing firms, food processing companies, plant and extraction facilities, labs, universities and individual consumers.
Where You Buy Lab Grade And Reagent Grade Ethanol >
These types of ethanol are suitable for commercial applications in laboratories, industrial, research, education and health. Reagent ACS - USP grade is a reliable, high-quality, reagent for general laboratory use. Buy lab grade or reagent grade for your scientific experiment, academic research project, classroom or stockroom.
Where You Buy Specially Denatured Alcohol (SDA) Ethanol >
A type of ethanol classified as SDA is a specially denatured alcohol. Specially Denatured Alcohol (SDA) is alcohol to which denaturing materials have been added. Ethanol SDA is one of many types of denatured alcohol specified under the US Code of Federal Regulations. To read the TTB's overview of Specially Denatured and Completely Denatured alcohol including links, laws, regulations, and other formal public guidance, click here. Commonly used SDA ethyl alcohols include SDA 1-1, SDA 1-2, SDA 2B-2, SDA 2B-3, SDA 3A, SDA 3C, SDA 23A, SDA 23H, SDA 29-3, SDA 30, SDA 35A, SDA 39C and SDA 40B. The CAS Number is 64-17-5. Manufacturers may use SDA in the manufacture of any product that is not intended for consumption. Often "SDA" versions of ethanol are used in cosmetic products but can also be used in chemical manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, and solvents. The use of denatured non-beverage suitable alcohol in the United States avoids excise taxes on alcohol. Order 200 Proof Specially Denatured Alcohol Here
What Is Ethanol?
Ethanol is a chemical compound (2-carbon alcohol) and renewable fuel produced by plant material (grain and sugar) fermentation and petrochemical processes. It is a colorless, volatile, flammable, clear liquid. It is sold in the United States, both on the retail and wholesale level, as a solvent, fuel and intoxicating agent used in liquors. Ethanol is the systematic name defined by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). The term ethanol was invented as an outcome of a resolution adopted in 1892 at the International Conference on Chemical Nomenclature in Switzerland. The terms "alcohol" and "ethanol" often get intermingled. Even though “alcohol” refers to a wider group of substances in chemistry lingo, most people today use "alcohol" as the name of ethanol.
What Is The Difference Between Ethanol And Alcohol?
Do you want to know the difference between ethanol, alcohol, methanol, rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol? Click here for the answer.
What Is Ethanol Used For?
Ethanol, also know as ethyl alcohol or just alcohol, is a psychoactive substance used in drugs, wine, medicines, distilled spirits and beer. The largest uses of ethanol in the United States is for ethanol-gasoline blends (E85), engine fuels, bio-ethanol fuels and fuel additives. It is most commonly consumed in alcoholic drinks. It is used in hospitals, labs and homes as a solvent, disinfectant and antiseptic. It is used in manufacturing facilities to distill and extract flavors, oils, terpenes, gums and resins from plant materials. It is a clean burning fuel that is used in fireplaces and stoves. Absolutely, do not use non-denatured ethanol to spike the Hairy Buffalo at your next shindig. Non-denatured alcohol is poisonous. Cocktails are made with grain alcohol which is why you should buy 100% alcohol in the U.S. To learn more about the uses and corresponding effects of ethanol, click here.
Names Used To Classify and Describe Ethanol
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Grain Alcohol
- Pure Ethanol
- 190 Proof Ethanol
- Pure Grain Alcohol
- Drinking Alcohol
- Pure Ethanol
- Absolute Ethanol
- 100% Alcohol
- Industrial Alcohol
- 200 Proof Alcohol
- 95 Pure Grain Alcohol
- 190 Proof Alcohol
- 200 Proof Ethanol and Bio-Ethanol
- Ethyl Alcohol Anhydrous
- Ethyl Hydrate
- Ethyl Hydroxide
- Fermentation Alcohol
- Molasses Alcohol
- Spirits of Wine
Inhalation of ethanol can cause coughs, headaches, fatigue and drowsiness. It can dry out your skin. If it gets in your eyes it causes pain, burning and redness. If you drink it or swallow you many notice a burning sensation. If too much ethanol is consumed you may get a headache, feel confused or tipsy. It can even make you black out. It causes terrible reproductive and fetal effects. Click here for more warnings about ethanol.
This Is Where You Buy Ethanol Online
Lab Alley offers a wide selection of pure ethanol (undenatured ethyl alcohol) and denatured ethanol (ethyl alcohol). To browse our full line of extraction grade ethanol, click here. Food grade ethanol is for sale here. Both are available in many proofs, grades and package sizes for use as a solvent and for general laboratory use. Ethanol solvents are used for a variety of research, industrial, and educational uses. Lab Alley is proud to provide ethanol to many companies in the Academia/Education, Food, Fragrance, Biotech, Life Science, Pharmaceutical, R&D, Industrial and Government markets. Lab Alley ships and transports ethanol to all 50 states in the Union.
Additional Ethanol Purchasing Options
- Pure Ethanol 200 Proof Absolute (Undenatured) Reagent Grade ACS/USP
- Pure Ethanol 190 Proof (Undenatured) Reagent Grade ACS USP
- Denatured Ethanol 190 Proof SDA-3A Reagent Grade ACS
- Denatured Ethanol 190 Proof SDA-3A Reagent Histological Grade
- Denatured Ethanol 95% To 96% Anhydrous ACS
- Denatured Ethanol 140 Proof Reagent Grade ACS
- Denatured Ethanol 140 Proof
- Buy 100% Alcohol | 200 Proof Alcohol | For Sale In USA
This Is Where You Shop Online To Buy Ethanol In The United States
Choose from a wide variety of ethanol selections shown below. Lab Alley promises to make the purchasing and customer service experience awesome! Are you confused about all the different types of ethanol, commonly known as ethyl alcohol? Please read our Ethanol Grade Selector page. This page will help you select the right ethanol based on your application.
Shipping and Transportation Of Ethanol In The USA
Some chemicals are classified as "Hazardous Materials" or "Hazmat". A hazardous material is any item or agent (biological, chemical, radiological, and/or physical), which has the potential to cause harm to humans, animals, or the environment, either by itself or through interaction with other factors.
The transportation of ethanol purchased from Lab Alley which require special shipping by our common carrier FedEx. By law, hazmat fees will be added to your order for all hazardous chemicals and related laboratory products. Hazmat chemicals and related laboratory products can only be shipped via Ground and not Air (2nd day, Overnight, etc.). Ethanol is a hazardous material. For ethanol shipping and transportation regulations in the United States, click here. Bulk ethanol is shipped in the USA by trucks, trains and boats.
To Read UPS' Guide For Transporting Hazardous Materials, click here. To read the USDOT Hazardous Materials Table 49CFR 172.101, click here. To Read the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations document titled "Table of Hazardous Materials and Special Provisions", click here.
Information For Ethanol Industry Insiders
- The Latest News and Data About Ethanol Production - March 2019
- Ethanol Etymology, Uses, Chemistry, Natural Occurrence, Production, Purification, Distillation, Reactions, Safety And History
- Ethanol Producer Magazine
- The Shocking Truth About America's Ethanol Law: It Doesn't Matter (For Now)
- History of Ethanol Production and Policy
- Ethanol Today Magazine
- Industrial Biotechnology and the Future of Ethanol Production
- 2019 Ethanol Industry Outlook - Renewable Fuels Association
- Researchers Describe Unique Molecular Activity In Water-Ethanol Mixtures
- National Ethanol Conference
- Fuel Ethanol Workshop and Expo
- Jobs In The Ethanol Industry